Author Topic: College  (Read 12171 times)

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
Re: College
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2006, 09:24:45 pm »
I talked to the sound tech guy from One Accord (a band) and he turned down a 100% scholarship to MIT to go to NCU.

And this is why religious people FUCKING SUCK AT LIFE.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline d&q

• I'm here.
    • View Profile
    • Site
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2006, 10:04:36 pm »
That's so rediculous I hesitate to believe you.
The writ of the founders must endure.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2006, 10:21:09 pm »
It is ridiculous and I honestly think it's either an exagguration (on behalf of Joe, to make people he knows seem cool) or a lie on that guy's behalf. Who the fuck would turn down a 100% scholarship to MIT? Either that person has ZERO common sense, or that person is lying. Someone that smart should realize what a 100% scholarship to a school as amazing as MIT is and how great that truly would be.
- Newby

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2006, 12:55:22 am »
Who the fuck would turn down a 100% scholarship to MIT?

Someone who got a full scholarship to Cambridge? :P

I agree though, it seems pretty unlikely that "NCU" could ever be a preference to MIT.

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2006, 02:39:47 am »
NorthCentral University is a bible college. If I got a full scholarship to MIT, I'm not so sure if I'd accept.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2006, 03:37:56 am »
If I got a full scholarship to MIT, I'm not so sure if I'd accept.

Fool.

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2006, 11:19:09 am »
He wouldn't get one anyway.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2006, 01:02:51 pm »
NorthCentral University is a bible college. If I got a full scholarship to MIT, I'm not so sure if I'd accept.

You're a god damn moron. You'd rather go to a shitty bible humping college and walk out making an average paycheck, versus going to a top of the line school, and walk out with a degree making easily $70-80K a year.

I hope Jesus bitch slaps you.
- Newby

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2006, 01:13:20 pm »
I should re-phrase myself.  It seems unlikely that someone actually accepted to MIT with a full scholarship would choose NCU instead.  We could turn this thread into a "don't do drugsreligion" infomercial. :(

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2006, 01:45:13 pm »
I should re-phrase myself.  It seems unlikely that someone actually accepted to MIT with a full scholarship would choose NCU instead.  We could turn this thread into a "don't do drugsreligion" infomercial. :(

Hahaha.  Yeah, that's a good point.  It seems that MIT would only accept someone who's exceling in science, which I don't think Joe's religious ties will allow him to do.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2006, 02:02:26 pm »

You're a god damn moron. You'd rather go to a shitty bible humping college and walk out making an average paycheck, versus going to a top of the line school, and walk out with a degree making easily $70-80K a year.

You've been with your dad too long.  Here's the thing: money isn't the most important thing in the world. 

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2006, 02:06:50 pm »
You've been with your dad too long.  Here's the thing: money isn't the most important thing in the world. 

No, but I think knowledge is (or should be) high on everyone's list.  I'd go to MIT for the awesome education more than anything.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2006, 02:11:55 pm »

No, but I think knowledge is (or should be) high on everyone's list.
Yes, definitely.  But it depends on the type of knowledge you want.  Isn't MIT a technical school?  What if somebody doesn't want a technical education?

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2006, 02:20:47 pm »
Yes, definitely.  But it depends on the type of knowledge you want.  Isn't MIT a technical school?  What if somebody doesn't want a technical education?

MIT is a university; it isn't a tech school.  A "technical school" is something like ITT Tech.

MIT is renowned for its excellence in all/most fields of engineering, but it has exceptional programs in other areas.  Most of the professors are Nobel Prize laureates.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2006, 03:04:27 pm »

It may not be, but an education is, and with a good education at a good university comes a much easier way to make money once college is over. Everyone has to work at some point in their lives. Unless you're rich or something...

rofl @ Rule. "Don't do religion" <-- It's so true! :)
- Newby