Author Topic: I'm tired.  (Read 3862 times)

Offline Krazed

• x86
    • View Profile
I'm tired.
« on: August 14, 2006, 08:26:42 pm »
..of leveling.

Ding 41. This sucks.
It is good to be good, but it is better to be lucky.

Offline Joe

• B&
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
Re: I'm tired.
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2006, 09:22:10 pm »
40 is where the fun begins. Keep at it, foo.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Krazed

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 09:44:33 pm »
Fun?! What fun?

Offline Kaleeko

• Female Nerdz0r
  • Just let him in the fridge already!
    • View Profile
    • Kaleeko's DeviantART
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2006, 10:02:17 pm »
I think the quests get more challenging and interesting after 40. But, that's just my opinion.

Leveling sucks. But so does grinding rep. In all honesty, now that I've hit 60, all I really do is hit instances when guildies are online or wait 6 hours in BG queues. Leveling is a major part of the game. Don't hate it, try to enjoy it. :) I personally miss having new spells to look forward to. And another advantage over someone in a BG. And yelling "DING" on guild chat. Now, it's just about being frugal to save for an epic shmount or killing stuff for rep. At least when you're leveling you actually feel like you're accomplishing something when you kill!

(+5 rep ftl.)

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2006, 10:34:22 pm »
Fun?! What fun?
I'm waiting for the answer to this question.

At 40, the quests just seem to be more of the same.  They're not any more challenging to me, and they don't give enough exp any more it seems.
errr... something like that...

Offline Krazed

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2006, 11:05:07 pm »
Fun?! What fun?
I'm waiting for the answer to this question.

At 40, the quests just seem to be more of the same.  They're not any more challenging to me, and they don't give enough exp any more it seems.

Signed.

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2006, 11:27:48 pm »
What class do you play, Krazed?

Offline Krazed

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2006, 11:49:42 pm »
Warlock

Offline Kaleeko

• Female Nerdz0r
    • View Profile
    • Kaleeko's DeviantART
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2006, 01:21:50 am »
Warlock

I thought 40 was when playing a warlock got even more interesting? At least you don't play a warrior. I feel sorry for warriors. :-/ I can't imagine how terrible that would be.

Offline Joe

• B&
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2006, 04:20:40 am »
Being 60 is fun. I just sit in LookingForGroup while killing stuff for money or scourgestones, and run UBRS when it pops up. I don't know about you but I'm still in 3/8 Dreadmist. Hopefully I'll be getting DSL real soon (no promises, people) and be able to get on vent and run MC etc, but I've got a lot of work ahead of that to get to.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2006, 05:19:06 am »
Being 60 is fun. I just sit in LookingForGroup while killing stuff for money or scourgestones, and run UBRS when it pops up. I don't know about you but I'm still in 3/8 Dreadmist. Hopefully I'll be getting DSL real soon (no promises, people) and be able to get on vent and run MC etc, but I've got a lot of work ahead of that to get to.
Dreadmist is easy to get :P You think its hard because its the ONLY thing you have ever worked to on WoW.

Offline Krazed

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2006, 08:06:06 am »
All my stuff was pretty hard to get. The enchanted blood goldroboe I got at level33, so soloing the 38's was hard as fuck. Illusonary Rod was a good drop. ^^ Same with whitemans chappeau, tristine amulet, and all my other gear. My necromancer leggings cost me 30g though.  :'(

Offline Kaleeko

• Female Nerdz0r
    • View Profile
    • Kaleeko's DeviantART
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2006, 02:21:25 pm »
Get Robes of the Lich? They have a pretty huge drop rate out of Razorfen Downs, you'd only have to do a couple of runs to get it. My warlock friend is 60 and still wearing those robes (39 blue). We give her a lot of crap about it, though. Still, the robes are great. Go get! (Even though you might be partial to your Bloodrobe. :-/)

I think my most preferred way to make leveling easier and more fun was to  have a leveling buddy. Granted, it's a little late for someone to start catching up to you right now, but, I'm serious; with my warlock friend and my hunter self, we were plowing through two-three levels a day until our 50's, where we still pulled off on average one level a day. Not only does it go faster, but it's fun. We'd take on 5 mobs at once since we could, so it actually became a challenge instead of just a slow, boring grind.

At 57 we took a 60 elite. And we didn't even know it was an elite when we started attacking it. I say that just to state my belief that warlocks and hunters are the most insanely uber classes. (At least, in PvE.) And I like talking about it. Because it's a very firm belief of mine. :) Be proud! You play a lock.

Offline Krazed

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2006, 02:23:32 pm »
Oh, I absoloutley know that locks are the best class there is, however, it just gets boring sometimes leveling up. And I don't want the Robes of the Lich, first of all they're ugly as fuck, second of all my bloodrobe is sickk and has a +100hp enchant, so the extra int is nice.