Author Topic: Mages aren't overpowered...  (Read 5969 times)

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
Re: Mages aren't overpowered...
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2006, 02:12:04 am »
That's the idea!  :)   Fire Nova, ehh?  That must be new, unless you mean Blast wave.  :P

Okay, assume I'm dueling you, Krazed.  I would as soon as it starts, hit my Silence button, and then by the time my fireball and pyro and fireblast hit you, you'd still be silenced.  Good duel.  :)

::)

Fire Blast does make an animation on impact, and the lack of health is noticeable.  :P

Notice my adverb nearly, nub. =P

I'm fully aware that it's a powerful and potent spell, but its damage can mistakingly be added to another spell unless someone's curious enough to look in the combat log. :P

Offline Krazed

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2006, 07:55:28 am »
Now, you're going by the fact that a) you get silence off before I get death coil off, theres a 50/50% chance of either. Now, I have my felhunter out, so my felhunter eats the silence, I'm at 50% health since you hit me with one of your spells, I then healthstone/deathcoil, I fear you, cast shadowbolt, immolate, corruption, curse of agony, I kite fear again, I cast another shadowbolt and then hit you with conflag. If you're not dead yet, then a shadowburn will finish you off.
It is good to be good, but it is better to be lucky.

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2006, 01:23:38 pm »
I just wear fire resist gear to be an ass. :D
Hitmen: art is gay

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2006, 03:13:55 pm »
Now, you're going by the fact that a) you get silence off before I get death coil off, theres a 50/50% chance of either. Now, I have my felhunter out, so my felhunter eats the silence, I'm at 50% health since you hit me with one of your spells, I then healthstone/deathcoil, I fear you, cast shadowbolt, immolate, corruption, curse of agony, I kite fear again, I cast another shadowbolt and then hit you with conflag. If you're not dead yet, then a shadowburn will finish you off.
That is what should happen, but you have to realize that mages can do EXTREME burst damage.... if you deathcoil too soon you are doomed, same if you do it too late.