Author Topic: Mages aren't overpowered...  (Read 5717 times)

Offline Blaze

• Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
Mages aren't overpowered...
« on: August 17, 2006, 03:27:25 pm »
I respec'ed fire.  :)

See image:

Oh, and that's without flasks/potions.  ^^
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
    • View Profile
Re: Mages aren't overpowered...
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 03:33:32 pm »
that is the only way a mage can kill me, is if their lucky ass crits me a lot :P

Offline Blaze

• Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 03:41:52 pm »
that is the only way a mage can kill me, is if their lucky ass crits me a lot :P

That still would have hit for 4000 if it didn't crit.  Imagine what it would have been with a pyroblast crit, too!  :)

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2006, 03:46:11 pm »

That still would have hit for 4000 if it didn't crit.  Imagine what it would have been with a pyroblast crit, too!  :)
if it crit for 3000, how could it hit for 4000? unless you mean both added together

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2006, 07:08:07 pm »
I respec'ed fire.  :)
Have fun with your 9999g repair bill every raid.
Hitmen: art is gay

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2006, 03:41:52 am »

Being a cautious fire mage is still easier than being a cautious warlock, I'd say.

Offline Blaze

• Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2006, 03:47:53 am »

Being a cautious fire mage is still easier than being a cautious warlock, I'd say.

Cautious?  Me make boom now.  :)

On a side note, my newly formed guild killed up to Shazz last night, recovering 15 epics, and 1 legendary on its first MC run.  No wipes, either, just started later at night, took too long and it got late. ^^

Offline Krazed

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2006, 09:55:03 am »

Woah, woah, woah. You play a warlock, don't you? There should be NO circumstance, EVER, where a mage beats a warlock. I can beat mages 4-5 levels above me..
It is good to be good, but it is better to be lucky.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2006, 12:44:04 pm »
Woah, woah, woah. You play a warlock, don't you? There should be NO circumstance, EVER, where a mage beats a warlock. I can beat mages 4-5 levels above me..

You don't fight mages that can crit you for 3/4 of your health, then.  If the mage positions theirself in the correct manner, they can hit you with Pyroblast, Fireball, Fire Blast and Fire Nova all within about 3-4 seconds.  That's just about enough to kill most anyone if they all hit. :P

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2006, 01:18:08 pm »

You don't fight mages that can crit you for 3/4 of your health, then.  If the mage positions theirself in the correct manner, they can hit you with Pyroblast, Fireball, Fire Blast and Fire Nova all within about 3-4 seconds.  That's just about enough to kill most anyone if they all hit. :P
EXACTLY my point!

Jesus christ, last night , after pulling agro and dieng a few times, I tried to do ONLY dots on Firemaw. Well.... even though I did only DOTs, when MT went down I was first on the list to be killed! On shadow vulnerable mobs, just siphon life is enough to pull agro from a tank... I have to give them 30secs + of agro gain before I can do ANYTHING :-/

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2006, 01:47:30 pm »

Cautious?  Me make boom now.  :)

On a side note, my newly formed guild killed up to Shazz last night, recovering 15 epics, and 1 legendary on its first MC run.  No wipes, either, just started later at night, took too long and it got late. ^^
What happened to your AQ guild? Also, why would you repec fire if you're just starting in MC again?

Offline ZeroX

• Pirating Your software since 1998
    • View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2006, 06:49:47 pm »
Mages > *

Iam sorry I have seen 39 twink Mages crit for all my Druids life which averages about 1.8 k without buffs and close to 2k with Fort and MotW. I mean if there already crit for over 2000 damage its pretty much ends all classes. The only way I ever get jumps on mages is if I catform and stealth behind them and get there health down to half before they know anything. But they will still turn around AoE and do that gay ice bolt thing that slows me down 15% or w/e it is and then they crit with the pyroblast.
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

mutsumibear: David's coming over Sunday so we can have mad sex all day.
zxdropoff: lucky you
mutsumibear: :D I know.
mutsumibear: I just pray I don't start my period before then.
zxdropoff: omfg
zxdropoff: stfu
zxdropoff: now please
mutsumibear: HAHA
mutsumibear: I love disturbing you.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2006, 07:52:27 pm »
Mages > *

Iam sorry I have seen 39 twink Mages crit for all my Druids life which averages about 1.8 k without buffs and close to 2k with Fort and MotW. I mean if there already crit for over 2000 damage its pretty much ends all classes. The only way I ever get jumps on mages is if I catform and stealth behind them and get there health down to half before they know anything. But they will still turn around AoE and do that gay ice bolt thing that slows me down 15% or w/e it is and then they crit with the pyroblast.

Mages have awesome burst dps, but burst dps isn't useful in many situations.

Also, that wasn't a single crit.  In that sort of situation, Fire Blast is nearly undetectable.  I nearly guarantee that they hit you with Pyroblast/Fireball and Fire Blast.

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2006, 11:45:02 pm »
You also can't judge a class until they hit level 60. Paladins, for example, own every class up until level 60. Once they hit level 60, they're balanced out and very gear-dependent.

Offline Blaze

• Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2006, 01:04:34 am »

That's the idea!  :)   Fire Nova, ehh?  That must be new, unless you mean Blast wave.  :P

Okay, assume I'm dueling you, Krazed.  I would as soon as it starts, hit my Silence button, and then by the time my fireball and pyro and fireblast hit you, you'd still be silenced.  Good duel.  :)

What happened to your AQ guild? Also, why would you repec fire if you're just starting in MC again?

Ugh... I never said anything about AQ40, what are you talking about?  I'm just playing around with it for a couple days, trying to make PvP more interesting.  It's working.  I'm going to be frost, soon.  :P

Mages have awesome burst dps, but burst dps isn't useful in many situations.

Also, that wasn't a single crit.  In that sort of situation, Fire Blast is nearly undetectable.  I nearly guarantee that they hit you with Pyroblast/Fireball and Fire Blast.

Fire Blast does make an animation on impact, and the lack of health is noticeable.  :P