Author Topic: We didn't evolve  (Read 6770 times)

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
Re: We didn't evolve
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2006, 10:52:53 pm »
Because gravity doesn't directly conflict with what is in the bible?
But if Jesus is in Heaven, and Heaven is up above the clouds.. it should be constantly pulled down and sinking because of Earth's gravitational pull!

I'm sorry, but I laughed really hard.
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2006, 11:25:11 pm »
But if Jesus is in Heaven, and Heaven is up above the clouds.. it should be constantly pulled down and sinking because of Earth's gravitational pull!
I don't think that the bible ever said that Heaven is above us, did it?  I know that Dante talked about the planets and stars representing circles of heaven, but I'm not sure that he was basing that on anything. 

I'm curious if the bible really does say that, though?

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2006, 11:33:35 pm »
I'm sorry, but I laughed really hard.
Thank god you understand satire.

I don't think that the bible ever said that Heaven is above us, did it?  I know that Dante talked about the planets and stars representing circles of heaven, but I'm not sure that he was basing that on anything. 

Two things:
One) See above.
Two) I'm pretty sure I said somewhere on the forums that I won't ever read any religious scriptures, and I haven't up to this point yet.  So how the hell would I know?  I was making a joke.
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2006, 11:59:31 pm »

Two things:
One) See above.
Two) I'm pretty sure I said somewhere on the forums that I won't ever read any religious scriptures, and I haven't up to this point yet.  So how the hell would I know?  I was making a joke.
Yeah, but that's something commonly believed by people.  Heaven being above us, and in the clouds, and all that.

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2006, 12:54:28 am »
Yeah, but that's something commonly believed by people.  Heaven being above us, and in the clouds, and all that.
From Genesis:
And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.
And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.
Genesis 1:9-10
errr... something like that...

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2006, 08:18:20 am »
From Genesis:
And God said, Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.
And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.
Genesis 1:9-10
Hmm, I'm not sure if that has the same meaning.  "The heavens" is an old-fashiony name for the sky, I'm not sure if "the heavens" and "Heaven" are considered the same.

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2006, 12:29:27 am »

::)... Maybe it's spinning fast enough such that the centrifugal force counterbalances the gravitational one?

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2006, 08:16:53 am »
Even if that was they were purposing, I'm fairly confident almost all of the people who took the survey would have interpreted it on the scale that Darwin purposed it was, because that is how they were taught.
That WAS what they were saying, the survey question was pretty clear.  I don't think you're allowed to assume that everybody who took the survey misunderstood the question, that's gotta be a falacy of some sort....

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2006, 03:55:21 pm »
That WAS what they were saying, the survey question was pretty clear.  I don't think you're allowed to assume that everybody who took the survey misunderstood the question, that's gotta be a falacy of some sort....

Whatever.  It doesn't change my original point.