Author Topic: Job Interview Tomorrow!  (Read 10533 times)

Offline Explicit

• Hail Bender!
    • View Profile
Re: Job Interview Tomorrow!
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2006, 11:35:27 pm »
The first job I had was as a market researcher, not to be confused with a telemarketer (which people often mistake).
Because it's basically the same thing. At least, they're equally annoying :P

It's not the same thing! Market researchers survey opinions for various products on the market, while telemarketers try to sell you something.

Although I can see where you're coming from... and I do agree, they are equally annoying.
Like all things in life, pumping is just a primitive, degenerate form of bending.

Hey, I don't tell you how to tell me what to do, so don't tell me how to do what you tell me to do! ... Bender knows when to use finesse.

[13:41:45]<@Fapiko> Why is TehUser asking for wang pictures?
[13:42:03]<@TehUser> I wasn't asking for wang pictures, I was looking at them.
[13:47:40]<@TehUser> Mine's fairly short.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2006, 09:41:52 am »
The first job I had was as a market researcher, not to be confused with a telemarketer (which people often mistake).
Because it's basically the same thing. At least, they're equally annoying :P

It's not the same thing! Market researchers survey opinions for various products on the market, while telemarketers try to sell you something.

Although I can see where you're coming from... and I do agree, they are equally annoying.
Well, on my end they're the same.  I get called, somebody I don't know asks me something, I tell them no thanks, and that's it.  Although sometimes I do opinion surveys if I'm really bored, but I don't usually give proper answers.  Stick it to the system! :D

Offline Joe

• B&
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2006, 10:27:37 am »
Heh. I was playing WoW when I got the call from McDonalds (watch me highjack this thread back to talking about me). I didn't recognize the number, but I wasn't raiding or anything so I decided to take it (if I was going to hold up a group, I'd ignore it). "May I speak to William?" "This is him." "Hello. This is Ariel from Lake Delton McDonalds." At this point I'm confused for a few seconds, for two reasons. I have a friend named Ariel and I was wondering how she got my number, and two, I wasn't expecting a call for an interview, at all. :)
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2006, 01:25:00 pm »

I always did the surveys and crap, but apprently they don't like what a 17 year old (18 this year.  :D) has to say, and I need to be 18.  *shrug*
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline Joe

• B&
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2006, 02:31:18 pm »
Amazing, I thought you were 21, Blaze!

Afk in a few. Wish me luck, pray, sacrafice your kittens doves and rams, etc!

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2006, 02:39:06 pm »

I always did the surveys and crap, but apprently they don't like what a 17 year old (18 this year.  :D) has to say, and I need to be 18.  *shrug*

Haha, I used to always tell them that I was under 18, even when I was 18, 19, or 20.  But it doesn't work anymore :(

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2006, 02:54:48 pm »
Why not?!  I've known 15 year olds who have voices like they're 30.  You should say something like

"I'm 15.  I don't want you to sell me phone sex." or something like that :D

Offline Joe

• B&
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2006, 03:36:22 pm »
Screw you, Pete, for jacking my thread.

Anyhow, I'm back. She said..

MORE TO COME!

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2006, 06:22:02 pm »
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA YOU GOT REJECTED BY MCDONALDS!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2006, 08:51:31 pm »
Heh. I was playing WoW when I got the call from McDonalds (watch me highjack this thread back to talking about me). I didn't recognize the number, but I wasn't raiding or anything so I decided to take it (if I was going to hold up a group, I'd ignore it). "May I speak to William?" "This is him." "Hello. This is Ariel from Lake Delton McDonalds." At this point I'm confused for a few seconds, for two reasons. I have a friend named Ariel and I was wondering how she got my number, and two, I wasn't expecting a call for an interview, at all. :)
I can only pray that this post was a joke.  If not, are you telling me that WoW takes priority over a potential job?
errr... something like that...

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2006, 09:12:41 pm »
I can only pray that this post was a joke.  If not, are you telling me that WoW takes priority over a potential job?
No, he's saying it takes priority over an unknown caller.  I frequently don't pick up the phone if I don't recognize the person calling. 

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2006, 11:07:20 pm »
No, he's saying it takes priority over an unknown caller.  I frequently don't pick up the phone if I don't recognize the person calling. 

I almost always pick up the phone unless I know someone else will pick it up.  It's easy enough to hang up on people. ;D

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2006, 11:29:23 pm »
It's easier to not pick up in the first place.  It's a good thing the only phone I pick up is my cell phone.  I always let stuff go to the machine, and then I'll only pick up if it's a family member or friend.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2006, 11:44:59 pm »
It's easier to not pick up in the first place.  It's a good thing the only phone I pick up is my cell phone.  I always let stuff go to the machine, and then I'll only pick up if it's a family member or friend.

Not if it's a call you want to take.  More often than not for me, that's the case.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2006, 07:54:23 am »
I get digital tv through my phone company, so when somebody calls the caller-id shows up on the tv.  If it's somebody I've never heard of, I usually ignore it out of laziness.  On my cellphone, I pay 39 cents/minute to use it during the day, so if it's somebody I don't know I definitely don't answer.  In the evenings it's 5cents/minute, so I'll answer to anybody.