Author Topic: Maelstrom Battlegroup  (Read 10306 times)

Offline Krazed

• x86
    • View Profile
Re: Maelstrom Battlegroup
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2006, 10:34:13 am »
To clear all this up, Screenor's right. Joe: What I meant is that in Naxx, theres 15 bosses, you have to down the first 13 to unlock Sapphiron, and then down him to get to Kel'Thuzad, D&T was the first (and they have a video of the fight), to down the 13, then get to Sapphiron. I think they got him to like.. 93%.  :P
It is good to be good, but it is better to be lucky.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2006, 10:57:23 am »
That's what I'm talking about, consider actually thinking before you decide to reply. They're on the boss called Sapphiron, you know, the 2nd to last boss in Naxxrammas? As I said before, not Kel'Thuzad.

Perhaps you shouldn't use ambiguous wording, then.  It's not my fault I immediately interpreted "D&T is <on> <name>" as them being on a server other than one I didn't bother to mention. ;)

To clear all this up, Screenor's right. Joe: What I meant is that in Naxx, theres 15 bosses, you have to down the first 13 to unlock Sapphiron, and then down him to get to Kel'Thuzad, D&T was the first (and they have a video of the fight), to down the 13, then get to Sapphiron. I think they got him to like.. 93%.  :P

::)

Replace "Kel'Thuzad" with "Sapphiron" in my long, wordy post and I'll be right.  The same principle applies. :P
« Last Edit: August 28, 2006, 10:59:33 am by Sidoh »

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2006, 12:59:21 pm »
Perhaps you shouldn't use ambiguous wording, then.  It's not my fault I immediately interpreted "D&T is <on> <name>" as them being on a server other than one I didn't bother to mention. Wink
Try using your brain then before trying to prove me wrong, idiot.

Replace "Kel'Thuzad" with "Sapphiron" in my long, wordy post and I'll be right.  The same principle applies. Tongue

Atleast try to get your facts straight, there's a huge difference between the two bosses.

Offline Krazed

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2006, 01:12:54 pm »
What's the difference? Ones a big blue dragon, and idk what Kel is.  :P

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2006, 01:15:42 pm »
What's the difference? Ones a big blue dragon, and idk what Kel is.  :P
One's the hardest boss in the game, the other isn't.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2006, 02:06:21 pm »
Try using your brain then before trying to prove me wrong, idiot.

Perhaps you should consider adopting your own advice -- I used my brain.

As I said, your wording was ambiguous to the point it could be validly interpreted as at least two absolute separate meanings.  You obviously left the context of your sentence to vanquish the ambiguity, but since it had no explicit context, there's no validity in accusing anyone of interpreting it in an alternative way.

Please, tell me how it is invalid to interpret your sentence as I did.

Atleast try to get your facts straight, there's a huge difference between the two bosses.

Hmm... this goes back to my advice in the post that started this whole mess: do not reply to a post unless you've thorougly read it.  Scanning it just doesn't do.

My post included a general principle which applies to all higher-end bosses in World of Warcraft: skill, gear or reputation cannot compensate for strategy.  Strategy is a vital, game-breaking constituent of successfully defeating a boss.  This is exactly why I said replacing the name of the boss (or even removing it to make a general statement) would remove any invalidities of what I'd said.

In essence, there isn't a difference between the two bosses when you're purely referring to my statement: they both require strategy to beat.  So, no.  There isn't a huge difference between these two bosses in this context.

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2006, 04:13:26 pm »
You were the only one who didn't understand, anyone else who replied to that post knew what I meant, as I said before, think a little.

Offline Krazed

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2006, 04:15:29 pm »
Jesus fucking christ, will you two fucking stop already? Sheesh.

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2006, 04:42:35 pm »
Jesus fucking christ, will you two fucking stop already? Sheesh.
Sorry he tries to be a fucking prick every time I post?

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2006, 05:16:11 pm »
You were the only one who didn't understand, anyone else who replied to that post knew what I meant, as I said before, think a little.

Proof by example when your pool of people consists of three readers doesn't work, screenor.

Also, I completely understood it.  I simply interpreted your ambiguous statement in another (totally valid) way. :P

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2006, 06:29:31 am »

Proof by example when your pool of people consists of three readers doesn't work, screenor.

Also, I completely understood it.  I simply interpreted your ambiguous statement in another (totally valid) way. :P
That's fine if you did, what isn't fine is when you go and try to be a complete ass about something you didn't even grasp, and then turn it around on me as if I did something wrong.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2006, 12:02:09 pm »
That's fine if you did, what isn't fine is when you go and try to be a complete ass about something you didn't even grasp, and then turn it around on me as if I did something wrong.

There seems to be a misunderstanding.

What you said: I grasped it, I understood it, I interpreted it all with no problem.  You did do something.  You left the ambiguity of your wording to the context of your sentence, which wasn't at all clear.

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2006, 12:31:16 pm »

There seems to be a misunderstanding.

What you said: I grasped it, I understood it, I interpreted it all with no problem.  You did do something.  You left the ambiguity of your wording to the context of your sentence, which wasn't at all clear.

You obviously didn't understand it, because we're arguing about how you didn't use common sense to put two and two together.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2006, 12:41:08 pm »
You obviously didn't understand it, because we're arguing about how you didn't use common sense to put two and two together.

Look up the word ambiguous and come back when you have a firm understanding of its definition.  I'm done arguing with you; you're stupid to the point you either: 1) Ignore everything I say 2) Don't understand portions of the English language I used.

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2006, 03:44:23 pm »

Look up the word ambiguous and come back when you have a firm understanding of its definition.  I'm done arguing with you; you're stupid to the point you either: 1) Ignore everything I say 2) Don't understand portions of the English language I used.
I understand its definition perfectly fine, the only idiot is the one trying to start worthless fights, that he's obviously wrong about, namely you. You're done arguing? Good, I win.