Author Topic: BACK OF THE BUS!  (Read 7518 times)

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
Re: BACK OF THE BUS!
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2006, 11:27:29 am »
Jarvonica, aparently.

And FYI, "African-American" is not PC.  You should read more about that kind of thing.

Um, I wasn't trying to be politically correct. I was specifically referring to the black population that has been born and raised America, and that utilizes "Black American" culture, such as what we call ebonics. Newby and deadly and whoever else can feel free to call them niggers or whatever raci(al/st) terms they prefer. I don't particularly care.
But if you really dont want to be offensive, you have to call them blacks.

My friend is Puerto Rican, he pulls the P.C.ness all the time, its hilarious.  He is a conservative black dude that is laid back (like me & most of my friends)
The other day he bought a confederate flag bandana & had it hanging out of his back pocket.  Some chick from Georgia? (who is black) got offended...sad that she'd be offended, but understandable since the confederate flag still has some of its meaning there.
Here everything gets mocked, well, at least in our group of friends.  I have an uber-liberal friend that wouldnt go to a band party because it was @ JD's house & he made holocaust jokes once (she is jewish but also against organized religion, stupid, I know) but HAD she gone to the party she would've heard another jewish dude making even more jew-jokes (he makes more than anyone I know)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2006, 11:29:02 am by CrAz3D »

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2006, 12:01:58 pm »
I don't know if it's like that everywhere there, but up here nobody cares about anything.  Call people whatever you want, as long as it isn't being said in a negative way, and it's rare that you'll get in trouble. 

Speaking of Jew jokes, the place where I work used to make pottery or steel or something, so they had giant ovens when my boss bought it.  First thing he said to his Jewish employee was, "Hey Warren, hop in!"

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2006, 12:44:34 pm »
Yea, the US is very touchy about that type of thing. We're trying to erase our racist past so we don't look like the biggest hypocrits in the world for being the "Land of the free and home of the slaves"
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2006, 04:10:25 pm »
Yea, the US is very touchy about that type of thing. We're trying to erase our racist past so we don't look like the biggest hypocrits in the world for being the "Land of the free and home of the slaves"
I dont think we're trying to erase our past, just make it so that we arent racist etc anymore...but its like affirmative action, its just reverse racism

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2006, 04:50:59 pm »
Affirmative action is racist.  "O, you're black?  Well I'll put you into a school instead of a much better qualified, and, quite honestly, smarter, white kid just because 170 years ago some distant relative of yours may or may not have been a slave, or even in this country."

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2006, 02:18:07 pm »
Affirmative action is racist.  "O, you're black?  Well I'll put you into a school instead of a much better qualified, and, quite honestly, smarter, white kid just because 170 years ago some distant relative of yours may or may not have been a slave, or even in this country."

That isn't the reason.  I think it's more of an idea to provide "equal opportunity," though I don't agree with it at all either.

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2006, 04:27:02 pm »
Affirmative action and political correctness both suck.  So does CNN.  So does blowing things out of perspective, aka being a journalist.
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine