Author Topic: Warlocks!  (Read 7467 times)

Offline Joe

• B&
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
Warlocks!
« on: August 28, 2006, 11:02:26 pm »
If you're in an instance that your guild has on farm status (where you don't need to be especially paying attention), do your homework or something while spamming these macros unattentively. :)

Code: [Select]
/script ClearTarget();
/assist <MT HERE>
/script CastSpellByName("Shadow Bolt");

/script ClearTarget();
/assist <MT HERE>
/script CastSpellByName("Drain Life");

/script ClearTarget();
/assist <MT HERE>
/script CastSpellByName("Drain Soul");

/script ClearTarget();
/assist <MT HERE>
/script CastSpellByName("Soul Fire");

Obvious, but it makes my raiding life so ridiculously easy I couldn't resist but to share. :)

EDIT -

This looks fun too. Haven't had a chance to test it out yet, servers going down soon and all.

/script if (UnitHealth("target")<10) then CastSpellByName("Drain Soul") elseif not IsAltKeyDown() then CastSpellByName("Drain Life") else CastSpellByName("Shadow Bolt") end;
« Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 05:28:33 am by Joe[x86] »
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Krazed

• x86
    • View Profile
Re: Warlocks!
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2006, 11:26:30 pm »
I don't want to hear about your raiding life until you're ATLEAST in full tier1.
It is good to be good, but it is better to be lucky.

Offline Joe

• B&
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2006, 11:35:37 pm »
I don't want to hear what you want to hear about until you're AT LEAST level 58.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2006, 12:18:09 am »
You don't need to clear the target.  There's an API function to assist a unit.  You should specify the rank of each spell.

/script AssistByName("MainTank"); CastSpellByName("Spell X(Rank Y)");

Offline Blaze

• Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2006, 12:27:02 am »
By default it will pick the highest you have, but sure, why not?

Oh, and I'm alpha testing a new addon by the creator of GroupCalander and Outfitter.  It's sooo great...  :D
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline Joe

• B&
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2006, 12:27:40 am »
I clear the target incase I caught a mob that shouldn't have been shot (IE, he was targetting a sapped mob, or a sheeped mob, or something), so I wouldn't shoot that one if he cleared and didn't have a new target. This was being used in ZG personally, so I didn't assist the main tank, I assisted the other warlock.

Also, I'm rather disapointed in your post Sidoh! You didn't include your opinion. With all due respect, I was half expecting you to call me a lazy ass or something. :).

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2006, 12:31:09 am »
By default it will pick the highest you have, but sure, why not?

I know, but since Joe likes to practice good programming... :P

Oh, and I'm alpha testing a new addon by the creator of GroupCalander and Outfitter.  It's sooo great...  :D

::)

I clear the target incase I caught a mob that shouldn't have been shot (IE, he was targetting a sapped mob, or a sheeped mob, or something), so I wouldn't shoot that one if he cleared and didn't have a new target. This was being used in ZG personally, so I didn't assist the main tank, I assisted the other warlock.

Also, I'm rather disapointed in your post Sidoh! You didn't include your opinion. With all due respect, I was half expecting you to call me a lazy ass or something. :).

If you're not going to be attentive enough to notice that your target has been afflicted by a crowd control ability, you shouldn't be raiding.  People that don't devote more than a tenth of their attention are what kill raids.

You haven't seen "lazy" until you get AutoHotKey.  I have a button to log me in, one to spam spells while held down, etc.

Offline Blaze

• Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2006, 01:12:34 am »
Seriously, this mod is going to kick another mod in the arse.  I can't name the other mod, that would give away what this one does.  :)

Offline Joe

• B&
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2006, 03:04:45 am »
Jesus Christ Blaze, come off the "Blizzard owns me because I'm an alpha tester" :P. And PS, I still want a key.

Offline Blaze

• Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2006, 03:14:52 am »
I... didn't mention that.. I'm talking about an addon for 1.12, not 2.00.  :(

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2006, 06:35:50 am »
So wait, I realize I'm a botter myself, but...You're essentially afkbotting on your own guild/raid, people who need you, while other people who might actually do something are sitting out waiting for a spot..? Fucking sad Joe, wow.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2006, 12:00:38 pm »
Seriously, this mod is going to kick another mod in the arse.  I can't name the other mod, that would give away what this one does.  :)

Who cares?  Epeen elsewhere. :P

So wait, I realize I'm a botter myself, but...You're essentially afkbotting on your own guild/raid, people who need you, while other people who might actually do something are sitting out waiting for a spot..? Fucking sad Joe, wow.

It's not really a bot.  It just saves thet work of changing targets and casting a spell in one button, but it certainly seems that it would allow for him to pay less attention.  He still is at his keyboard, afterall.

Offline Krazed

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2006, 12:24:10 pm »
I agree with Screenor on this, theres plenty of kids that would love to have a raid spot and would sit at their computers and click every target and pay attention to every spell thats cast.
It is good to be good, but it is better to be lucky.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2006, 12:27:08 pm »
I agree with Screenor on this, theres plenty of kids that would love to have a raid spot and would sit at their computers and click every target and pay attention to every spell thats cast.

I already said that it's wrong:

If you're not going to be attentive enough to notice that your target has been afflicted by a crowd control ability, you shouldn't be raiding.  People that don't devote more than a tenth of their attention are what kill raids.

but it's not AFK botting.

Offline Blaze

• Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2006, 01:52:05 pm »
What she's saying is if Joe isn't actually playing to have fun and would rather do other stuff, other people that enjoy the game should have his spot.  I agree with this.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2006, 01:56:38 pm »
What she's saying is if Joe isn't actually playing to have fun and would rather do other stuff, other people that enjoy the game should have his spot.  I agree with this.

... which I already said, but with different reasoning.  You're trying to convince me of a point that I made before either of you posted here. :P

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2006, 03:45:27 pm »
...She?

Offline Joe

• B&
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2006, 04:57:57 pm »
Yeah, Sidoh's a girl! Didn't you know?

I don't think theres anything wrong with this. ZG is on farm status and I'm still enjoying it. TBH, when I was using those macros, I wasn't doing anything else, I was just tired. ZG gives out incredible gold just from the trash mobs (which was all spent / will be spent on my .5, ouch). Besides, nobody else wanted my spot (I tried leaving later but couldn't find anyone, warlock or otherwise, to come).

Offline Blaze

• Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2006, 05:48:04 pm »
...She?

Krazed.  Didn't you know?

Offline Joe

• B&
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2006, 09:44:23 pm »
Here's a macro I'm currently using while farming. I'm specced Heavy Destruction (Ruin Firemancer). It seems to give me a surplus on shards, but I can just stop mashing it when they get to a lower health level (I'm farming 50~'s, so the DoT's wipe them out easy).

/script if not IsBuffActive("Curse of Agony", "target") then CastSpellByName("Curse of Agony"); end;
/script if not IsBuffActive("Corruption", "target") then CastSpellByName("Corruption"); end;
/script if IsBuffActive("Immolate", "target") then CastSpellByName("Conflagrate"); end;
/script if (UnitHealth("target")<10) then CastSpellByName("Drain Soul"); end;
/script CastSpellByName("Immolate");

Note: You'll need SuperMacro for that one.

Here's a nifty one for lifting debuffs. Sets focus to you, makes your felhunter lift the debuff, and then sets the focus back to your target. I haven't tried it in-combat so I'm not sure how well it can be used (target switching speed wise), but after combat it works great for removing frost bolts, etc. Note, I didn't write this, but it's definately nifty.

/script if (UnitCreatureFamily("pet") == "Felhunter") then TargetUnit("player");CastPetAction(4);TargetLastEnemy();end;
EDIT -
Is it a suspendable/bannable offense to be using these types of macros? I definately do *look* like a bot, but I'm not worried because I'm farming in very low-traffic areas (Azshara, hehe). Macros are clientside, but the toolbars are serverside (including references to the macros). I wouldn't say so because it's my own work put into my own macros, but of course others will have other opinions.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2006, 09:48:36 pm by Joe[x86] »

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2006, 11:58:52 pm »
Blizzard has over 9 million customers.  Do you honestly think they'd provide all of them with an API that easily allowed violation of their own TOS?

Offline Joe

• B&
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2006, 12:00:25 am »
Blizzard has over 9 million customers.  Do you honestly think they'd provide all of them with an API that easily allowed violation of their own TOS?

The AddOn system can be used to easily write a "bot" of sorts that can sit in the middle of Stormwind selling mage water with no human interaction. To answer that, yes. :p

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2006, 12:06:50 am »
The AddOn system can be used to easily write a "bot" of sorts that can sit in the middle of Stormwind selling mage water with no human interaction. To answer that, yes. :p

Prove it.

Plus, I said "EASILY."  Addons are much more complicated than macros which are capped at 255 characters...

Offline Joe

• B&
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #23 on: August 30, 2006, 12:38:37 am »
Prove it.

Too lazy. It'd be easy though, just act on events.

Plus, I said "EASILY."  Addons are much more complicated than macros [...]

I saw that but I decided to ignore it for sake of argument. :)

[...] which are capped at 255 characters...

I give thee "SuperMacro".

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2006, 01:24:14 am »
Too lazy. It'd be easy though, just act on events.

Events go into enough detail to specify when someone has opened a trade window, accepted a trade, etc?

I saw that but I decided to ignore it for sake of argument. :)

That is the argument.

I give thee "SuperMacro".

Which gives you what, 1024 characters?  Don't bring up points that don't change anything...

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2006, 01:25:17 am »
Quite off topic you are

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2006, 01:25:54 am »

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2006, 01:36:57 am »

Offline Joe

• B&
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2006, 03:52:43 am »
I'm too lazy to individually quote.

API functions allow you to see who the trade window is with, and you can open a trade window with somebody when they whisper you.

Also, SuperMacro gives 7000 characters.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2006, 11:03:38 am »

API functions allow you to see who the trade window is with, and you can open a trade window with somebody when they whisper you.

I know that, but it'd be a very sloppy way of doing it.  You can make macros to move things into the trade window and wait until they put in an amount of money greater than or equal to some threshold before you accept?

They've changed it since I've used it, then... but it still doesn't change much.  Something like what you're describing would better be made an addon for obvious reasons...

Offline Joe

• B&
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2006, 12:52:50 pm »

I know that, but it'd be a very sloppy way of doing it.  You can make macros to move things into the trade window and wait until they put in an amount of money greater than or equal to some threshold before you accept?

They've changed it since I've used it, then... but it still doesn't change much.  Something like what you're describing would better be made an addon for obvious reasons...

Right, it would be an addon. I only brought up that it could be done as an addon, though not a macro, for sake of argument over its do-ability. So really we've both agreed that it can be done as an addon, but not a macro, and defeats the purpose of this argument. :)

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2006, 11:50:05 am »
Right, it would be an addon. I only brought up that it could be done as an addon, though not a macro, for sake of argument over its do-ability. So really we've both agreed that it can be done as an addon, but not a macro, and defeats the purpose of this argument. :)

You didn't answer my questions.

From what I can tell, there are no events associated with trade functions, which makes sense...  you'd have to have the people whisper you at proper times, which would get overly complicated for most people.  Plus, I'm really sure that it'd be evident enough to the average person that its an automated system... one that warrants punishment.  You'd be banned in a week. :P

Offline Blaze

• Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2006, 01:38:08 pm »
Addons cannot be bots.  Addons can automate small steps, but they cannot activate each other, nor can they make you move or make you face a direction.  They can change the direction of your camera vision, though... *shrug*

You won't be banned for using the macros you posted.