Author Topic: Warlocks!  (Read 7983 times)

Offline Joe

• B&
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
Re: Warlocks!
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2006, 12:52:50 pm »
I'm too lazy to individually quote.

API functions allow you to see who the trade window is with, and you can open a trade window with somebody when they whisper you.

Also, SuperMacro gives 7000 characters.

I know that, but it'd be a very sloppy way of doing it.  You can make macros to move things into the trade window and wait until they put in an amount of money greater than or equal to some threshold before you accept?

They've changed it since I've used it, then... but it still doesn't change much.  Something like what you're describing would better be made an addon for obvious reasons...

Right, it would be an addon. I only brought up that it could be done as an addon, though not a macro, for sake of argument over its do-ability. So really we've both agreed that it can be done as an addon, but not a macro, and defeats the purpose of this argument. :)
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2006, 11:50:05 am »
Right, it would be an addon. I only brought up that it could be done as an addon, though not a macro, for sake of argument over its do-ability. So really we've both agreed that it can be done as an addon, but not a macro, and defeats the purpose of this argument. :)

You didn't answer my questions.

From what I can tell, there are no events associated with trade functions, which makes sense...  you'd have to have the people whisper you at proper times, which would get overly complicated for most people.  Plus, I'm really sure that it'd be evident enough to the average person that its an automated system... one that warrants punishment.  You'd be banned in a week. :P

Offline Blaze

• Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #32 on: August 31, 2006, 01:38:08 pm »
Addons cannot be bots.  Addons can automate small steps, but they cannot activate each other, nor can they make you move or make you face a direction.  They can change the direction of your camera vision, though... *shrug*

You won't be banned for using the macros you posted.
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...