Author Topic: Photo Fraud  (Read 3072 times)

Offline Killer360

• View Profile
Photo Fraud
« on: September 01, 2006, 01:29:46 pm »
The media is using photo fraud in Lebanon to make the situation look all one sided:
http://www.aish.com/movies/PhotoFraud.asp

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
Re: Photo Fraud
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2006, 02:09:02 pm »
Hahahah!  Wow, that was a really good thing to watch.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2006, 04:04:30 pm »
I bet if you look at any major event/war you'd find stuff like that.  The scary part is, the only people we really have to trust is the media, where else do we get events from?

Photos aren't the worst part, either; the worst part is translations/dubbing.  When they dub over people like Osama bin Ladin and Saddam Hussein, they are invariably translated to sound more evil/malevolant than they actually are.  It's the nature of people to make their enemies look harsh and evil, it's all part of propaganda.  I had one Philosophy professor (an amazing man) who always said that if you want the true story, you have to learn the language. 

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2006, 06:06:15 pm »
I bet if you look at any major event/war you'd find stuff like that.  The scary part is, the only people we really have to trust is the media, where else do we get events from?

Photos aren't the worst part, either; the worst part is translations/dubbing.  When they dub over people like Osama bin Ladin and Saddam Hussein, they are invariably translated to sound more evil/malevolant than they actually are.  It's the nature of people to make their enemies look harsh and evil, it's all part of propaganda.  I had one Philosophy professor (an amazing man) who always said that if you want the true story, you have to learn the language. 

True, theres only so much they can change however withought changing the entire meaning entirely.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2006, 06:20:43 pm »
Photos aren't the worst part, either; the worst part is translations/dubbing.  When they dub over people like Osama bin Ladin and Saddam Hussein, they are invariably translated to sound more evil/malevolant than they actually are.  It's the nature of people to make their enemies look harsh and evil, it's all part of propaganda.
And people like Osama and Saddam aren't that evil?
errr... something like that...

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2006, 06:25:18 pm »
Photos aren't the worst part, either; the worst part is translations/dubbing.  When they dub over people like Osama bin Ladin and Saddam Hussein, they are invariably translated to sound more evil/malevolant than they actually are.  It's the nature of people to make their enemies look harsh and evil, it's all part of propaganda.
I don't think they're as evil as they're made out to be.  They're still humans, after all, and people seem to forget that. 

Apparently, in his native language, Osama actually talks quite nicely and he's very charismatic and poetic when he talks, but when he's translated he's gruff and such.  At least, that's according to my prof, he speaks middle-eastern languages (although he is white).

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2006, 08:44:41 pm »
I don't think they're as evil as they're made out to be.  They're still humans, after all, and people seem to forget that. 

Apparently, in his native language, Osama actually talks quite nicely and he's very charismatic and poetic when he talks, but when he's translated he's gruff and such.  At least, that's according to my prof, he speaks middle-eastern languages (although he is white).
Osama seems like he'd be a jacked dude no matter how he speaks.

Lives in hiding because he tries to destroy western civilization.

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2006, 08:48:04 pm »

He's a crazy evil terrorist poet from Pakistan. Nuff said.

Roses are red
violets are blue
DEATH TO AMERICA
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2006, 01:44:39 am »

And when the US is under attack, Bush doesn't hide? 

If your country was the weaker one, you'd be hiding the generals fighting against the "evil" ones, wouldn't you?  It's just because your army is stronger than there's that you can set in that arrogant position..

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2006, 12:33:40 pm »

And when the US is under attack, Bush doesn't hide? 

If your country was the weaker one, you'd be hiding the generals fighting against the "evil" ones, wouldn't you?  It's just because your army is stronger than there's that you can set in that arrogant position..

I don't exactly see a problem with that, we're stronger because we dont waste our time training terrorists. They can have fun in caves and we'll just bomb Osama into next week. Fun. Aim for the turban.

Offline BigAznDaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2006, 02:45:15 pm »
the war is just a publicity stunt now there are so many fuckers acting that it is not funny anymore.
i was watching a report thing that showed the people acting.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2006, 03:20:10 am »
I don't exactly see a problem with that, we're stronger because we dont waste our time training terrorists. They can have fun in caves and we'll just bomb Osama into next week. Fun. Aim for the turban.
You think your country is stronger because you don't spend time training terrorists?  Are you kidding?

Offline Super_X

• I suck.
  • I suck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2006, 05:21:56 am »
You think your country is stronger because you don't spend time training terrorists?  Are you kidding?
Didn't the U.S.A. train Osama? I thought that the CIA had done that in the baja area of California.