Author Topic: Backgrounds?  (Read 6656 times)

Offline Kaleeko

• Female Nerdz0r
  • Just let him in the fridge already!
    • View Profile
    • Kaleeko's DeviantART
Re: Backgrounds?
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2006, 11:07:45 pm »
We meaning "me", along with "you" if you answer yes, and including the other believers on these forums. GJ avoiding that. :)

Also, when you said "Joe myself and I" I thought for sure at least one of them meant you. Then I thought for a second..

Waaaaaaait a second. You can think?

.. ;)

Offline Killer360

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2006, 11:28:31 pm »
I was born and raised in a Pentecostal church. I attend the church almost every Sunday.

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2006, 12:10:14 am »
We meaning "me", along with "you" if you answer yes, and including the other believers on these forums. GJ avoiding that. :)

Also, when you said "Joe myself and I" I thought for sure at least one of them meant you. Then I thought for a second..

Waaaaaaait a second. You can think?

.. ;)
:o
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2006, 01:28:24 am »
First Baptist isn't really a denomination, try American, Southern, Seventh-Day or Independent. That is assuming you are in the US ofcourse, god help you if your Canadien baptist.
I went to a First Baptist church. There were various other First Baptist churches in surrounding towns, so I assumed it was a denomination.  I have never been too interested in finding out, so meh.
errr... something like that...

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2006, 11:53:46 am »
First Baptist isn't really a denomination, try American, Southern, Seventh-Day or Independent. That is assuming you are in the US ofcourse, god help you if your Canadien baptist.

Hrm, sure seems like a denomination to me:

The First Baptist Church in America is the oldest Baptist church in the United States, founded by Roger Williams in Providence, Rhode Island in 1638. Arminian in tone, in the spirit of Christian liberty and free communion, it not long afterward became virtually what is now known as a Free Baptist church.

Arminian, free communion Baptist churches appeared in North Carolina at an early date. The Original Freewill Baptists of North Carolina claim to trace their origin to the General Baptists of England (Wales). The largest of the several "Freewill" Baptist bodies is that which has grown out of the church organized by Benjamin Randall in New Durham, New Hampshire, June 30, 1780. This was formed as a result of Calvinistic intolerance.

Today the Baptist churches have generally become Calvinistic and Premillennial in doctrine (especially the Independent Baptist). However, Free Will Baptists still remain faithful to the original doctrine of the First Baptist church in America.

Offline Nate

• You all suck
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2006, 09:25:12 pm »
The First Baptist Church in America is an American Baptist Church formally a Northern Baptist Church, formally an American Baptist Church.  All the same thing the convention just split during the Civil War.  I'm from Rhode Island and I was raised as a Baptist.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2006, 10:09:49 pm »
If the name is the only difference, why wouldn't they choose to merge?

Offline Nate

• You all suck
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2006, 10:58:58 pm »
Now your just confusing me...First Baptist tends to be how churches were named as in the First Baptist Church of.... or the Second Baptist Church of....

Offline Super_X

• I suck.
  • I suck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2006, 12:03:18 am »
I was born and Baptized Roman Catholic. I went to catholic school 'til the fourth grade. Since then, I only attend church when forced.