Author Topic: Laugh at my brother!!  (Read 5292 times)

Offline Joe

• B&
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
Laugh at my brother!!
« on: September 07, 2006, 05:18:09 pm »
First, a few weeks ago, my brother spent the night at a friends house (sleepover party type thing) and let some friends use his phone. They racked up 100 text messages. My brother was in the hole to my parents for $15.

Second, today my brother had his phone OUT in class and someone stole it. Idiot. Middle schoolers are not allowed to posess a phone, let alone have it ON and in clear vision. High schoolers aren't allowed to have it on and in vision, although I dare leave mine on and in vibrate, as well as take it out in Spanish class and take pictures during work time, as well as leave it on the table during lunch (guarded like a hawk). Another $50, if he want's another phone.

The moral of this story is: retards diserve to be shot. When you have any device liable to give your parents a large hole in the wallet (from cell phone to car (insurance)), do not let other people use it unwatched, of even at all. I let some friends make calls (free after 7) but I always know that's all they use it for, and when I have a car I'll be glad to give people rides but I'll NEVER let anyone, EVEN MY OWN PARENTS borrow my car.

Proceed with laughing at paragraph one and two and discussion of the third.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
Re: Laugh at my brother!!
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2006, 05:30:56 pm »
To be honest, I think it's worse that you brought a knife to school.

Offline Joe

• B&
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2006, 05:32:39 pm »
To be honest, I think it's worse that you brought a knife to school.

Hm, to be honest that was pretty damn stupid too, but I'm not sure which is worse. Of course, I'm baised, but I think they were both equally dumb.

trust

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2006, 05:33:41 pm »
How could having a cellphone out possibly be worse than bringing a knife to school?

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2006, 05:35:03 pm »
I don't think there's any competition... you brought something dangerous with the intent to "scare" someone.  Your brother brought his phone to school with the intent of entertainment.  You do the same thing.  Even if you are more cautious, you do the same thing.  Though he may have been more careless, he's also younger and less wise.  Don't be such a dick.

How could having a cellphone out possibly be worse than bringing a knife to school?

Sort of what I was wondering too...

Offline Joe

• B&
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2006, 05:43:02 pm »
The knife was a stupid stunt. A very stupid stunt. The knife was only meant to scare him, and if I did pull it and he punched me, I would have pocketed it before retaliating. Don't take this as an attempt at humor, but to quote Mythix's shirt, "I don't need a weapon, I am one." If someone pisses me off (unarmed) I could easily lay them out. Hook the foot, hit the chest. They fail to step back and find themselves on the ground. But enough about that.

What I'm saying is that at his age I had everything he has now. The fact of the matter is I never left it on my desk in class and was so inattentive that someone could walk up and steal it, and also let my friends sit there texting and rack up bills like that. That's ridiculous. What averages them out is that I had a reason, whereas his reason was sheer idiocy. Sure, mine was idiocy too, but it was backed by some kernel of reasoning.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2006, 05:55:23 pm »
You're not a weapon.  There are bountiful numbers of people who would kick your ass -- that I'm sure of.

That aside, you're trying to justify something that doesn't make any sense.  You brought a weapon to school when it's widely known an offense that results in expulsion.  Your brother left his cell phone on the desk.  Perhaps he's absent minded?  That doesn't make him stupid.  I leave things laying around on a decently regular basis, but that doesn't make me an idiot.

You "kernel" of reasoning was highly idiodic.  I doubt he had a reason because it was an accident.

trust

« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2006, 05:57:16 pm »
Joe your weapon comment makes me think you act like that weird guy who wants to be a robot in Grandma's Boy.

Offline Joe

• B&
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2006, 06:03:38 pm »
Joe your weapon comment makes me think you act like that weird guy who wants to be a robot in Grandma's Boy.

I don't know the guy you're talking about but I don't want to be a robot. :)

EDIT -
I'm not trying to justify it, Sidoh, I was simply saying that I had a reason for doing it (albiet a VERY dumb idea, and not one to get expelled or even suspended for five days over, thus I won't do it again).

Also, I know theres a lot of people who could kick my ass. If they're bigger than me, the "strike first, strike hard" pinciple fixes that, but if they're faster I'm screwed. But the person who throws a punch that I dodge (+5% dodge to hair, woot) and doesn't know what I'm about to do (or is expecting me to run, I'm rather frail so they very well could) is in for a unplesant awakening. Once you get someone down in a fist fight it's game over. You can do anything from spitting and walking away to standing on their chest so they can't get up, or stomping their ribs in and killing them (I'll NEVER do the latterest unless I'm sure he's on the FBI's most wanted list, and even then I doubt I'd have the willpower). But enough about that, watch karate kid for more. Yes, I learned how to fight from that movie.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2006, 06:07:59 pm by Joe[x86] »

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2006, 06:06:41 pm »
I think I'll choose to laugh at you for laughing at your brother when you should really tell us to STILL be laughing at you.

Yeah, phone @ school is against the rules...knife at school is against the law.
 :-\ I'm gonna have to say knives on campus > phones on campus in the "OMG WHAT A FUCKTARD" department, but thats just me

trust

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2006, 06:57:54 pm »

I don't know the guy you're talking about but I don't want to be a robot. :)

This guy: http://youtube.com/watch?v=OtLKfackdJw&mode=related&search=

Offline Joe

• B&
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2006, 07:32:50 pm »
Actually, phone at school is against the law too, but it's never inforced and (IIRC) a misdemeanor. If I was convicted (apparently I was innocent, what the..) I would be a felon.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2006, 08:19:10 pm »
Your philosophy on fighting is little more than foolish.

Bringing a cell phone to school isn't a misdemeanor.  It's against the school's rules.  We could have cell phones at my school.  You can have them here, you could have them in the bigger surrounding schools.  They can't press charges against you claiming that you've broke a law that doesn't exist.  You did commit a felony, regardless of your state of conviction.  Your brother did do anything to warrant anymore than an in school suspension.

Offline Joe

• B&
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2006, 08:22:22 pm »
Our school handbooks reference a state law forbidding students to carry a cell phone on their body to a primary or secondary school class. I could go look it up but I'm too lazy. I have no doubt it's legal in Colarado, but it isn't here. But it's like speeding though, going five over is illegal but nobody cares, and carrying a phone on you is illegal, but nobody cares.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2006, 08:55:28 pm »
Actually, phone at school is against the law too, but it's never inforced and (IIRC) a misdemeanor. If I was convicted (apparently I was innocent, what the..) I would be a felon.
Actually you're fucking stupid.

Never mind the phone ACTUALLY being illegal thing, lets look @ this:
"phone at school is ... a misdemeanor.  If I was convicted I would be a felon"

Being convicted of a misdemeanor doesn't mean you're a felon, you have to be convicted of (OMG WAIT FOR THIS) felony to be a felon

Offline Joe

• B&
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2006, 09:08:00 pm »
L2reed. I said if I was convicted, referring to the knife. Posession of a deadly weapon on public property is a felony.

And seeing as how you all fucking suck at humor and know how to really piss someone off, this topic is locked. Bye.