Author Topic: New Talents  (Read 6725 times)

Offline Joe

• B&
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
Re: New Talents
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2006, 06:55:18 am »
If I saw a rogue coming at me, I'd death coil and burn him, but not launch another fear after the death coil.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2006, 12:37:21 pm »
If I saw a rogue coming at me, I'd death coil and burn him, but not launch another fear after the death coil.

That's assuming you saw it. ;)

If you didn't, there's always ambush, several backstabs and stunlock. :P

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2006, 01:23:53 pm »
Any rogue that just "runs" at a warlock needs to quit playing, now. Also, if you're not fearing the rogue, you need to stop playing.

Offline Krazed

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2006, 03:26:48 pm »

If you didn't launch fear, the rogue's away for THREE seconds, you're gonna tell me you can down a rogue in 3 seconds? And, if they wanted, before the deathcoil's up, they can trinket out and stunlock. A rogue that knows how to stunlock is a true match for a lock.  :)
It is good to be good, but it is better to be lucky.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2006, 03:38:33 pm »
You can't use the trinket in Death Coil, I don't think.  It's a "special" kind of fear.  You can use it on the subsequent fear, though.

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2006, 04:08:16 pm »

If you didn't launch fear, the rogue's away for THREE seconds, you're gonna tell me you can down a rogue in 3 seconds? And, if they wanted, before the deathcoil's up, they can trinket out and stunlock. A rogue that knows how to stunlock is a true match for a lock.  :)
if you find a rogue flawless in his stunlock abilities, the warlock has no chance

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2006, 04:58:43 pm »
You can't use the trinket in Death Coil, I don't think.  It's a "special" kind of fear.  You can use it on the subsequent fear, though.
Truth. You canNOT trinket out of DC, because instead of running in fear, you're running in "terror". ::)

Towelie: if the warlock actually has health it's impossible to stunlock him completely.

Offline Joe

• B&
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2006, 05:05:22 pm »
Towelie: if the warlock actually has health it's impossible to stunlock him completely.

Truth: I have over 300 stamina, 4000 health unbuffed (except for my Imp's Blood Pact) and get stunlocked from 100% to 0% all the time.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2006, 05:34:34 pm »
Truth: I have over 300 stamina, 4000 health unbuffed (except for my Imp's Blood Pact) and get stunlocked from 100% to 0% all the time.

That's not really that much.  My Priest had 416 Intellect with no buffs at all and my interests in stat bonuses are much more widespread than a Warlocks.

Offline Krazed

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2006, 08:24:26 pm »
Honestly, warlocks with good gear can have upwards of 6k health. And stunlock rogues are HARD, very hard. Impossible, no. If you manage to get the rogue away from you, you win. It's that simple.
It is good to be good, but it is better to be lucky.

Offline Joe

• B&
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2006, 09:41:49 pm »
But when you're stunned you're not going to get it away from you. :P

What's the sequence for stunlock? I suppose you'd open with a backstab, then cheap shot. Kidney shot somewhere, too? That'd give you what, 8 seconds to kill someone?

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2006, 10:24:47 pm »
You never open with backstab.  Backstab isn't a finishing move.  You're probably thinking of Ambush, which is 250% Weapon damage + C.  Backstab is 150% + C.

Cheap Shot is also an opening move.  You can't use it at any arbitrary point in the battle.  If you open with a move and immediately want a stun, you use it.  I would normally use kidney shot, then gouge after cheap shot, but I was a sword rogue.

Rogues also have some of the highest burst damage in the game.  It's easily possible to kill someone in eight seconds assuming you have decent gear.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2006, 10:28:47 pm by Sidoh »

Offline Joe

• B&
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2006, 12:10:22 am »
Yeah, Ambush, not Backstab.

And the last point is why I say fearlock isn't the same as stunlock. You could go paranoid and fear them, drop DoT's, fear, shadowbolt, fear, etc, but I usually wait for them to start running back after breaking it before fearing them again. Unfortunately, pally bubble's pop in that time easy making me die badly.