Author Topic: Remembering September 11th  (Read 14828 times)

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
Re: Remembering September 11th
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2006, 11:59:49 pm »
What happened in 9/11 was hardly "horrific" in my book.

Pretending that the loss of thousands of innocent lives isn't horrific doesn't make you look cool.  Grow the fuck up.
Give a shit about Darfur before you insult deadly about 9/11.

Offline Chavo

• x86
  • no u
    • View Profile
    • Chavoland
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2006, 12:52:27 am »
I don't recall suggesting that it in any way wasn't....

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2006, 01:30:42 am »
Now I can see how your son is going to turn out.

No, you can't.  You've been using this as a mechanism of offense in several cases.  You should learn that using such sensitive subjects as this lead you nowhere.  It's pathetic that you resort to something such as this.

I never said it made me look cool.  I gave up wanting to be cool in the sixth grade.  On a grand scale, what happened on 9/11 hardly counts as horrific.  A few thousand people died, yeah.. but out of the whole population (let's call it six billion) and let's call the number of people killed on 9/11 2,752.  You get 4.5867 x 10^-7% or (.00000000045867%).  I hardly consider that a "horrific" death toll.  Sure, that's a lot of people killed needlessly, but I don't believe it enough to be classified as "horrific."  The only reason you think it's horrific is because you are American.  I am not, so it doesn't really unnerve me that much that 2800 people I would never have met died.  Death happens.

Humans are naturally selfish.  I believe that sympathy is usually an illusion -- a projection of a feeling in order to gain the trust of a person or a group of people.  This is the initial cause of sympathy: it is an expectation.  Anyone who wishes to differentiate theirself from a group of people in this sort of situation can choose to ignore this expectation.  I've seen it done countless times.  I think the only way for a euphoric society to exist is to live life by the law: "Treat others as you wish to be treated."  If you ignore this metioned expectation in a more personal environment (say, for example, your friend has just told you that his father has died), I doubt that you would respond with such an insensitive remark as: "Who cares?  Your father is 0.00000000000000000023847234% of the world's population."  This is because the expectation is applied directly.  You're speaking with a person who has been directly effected by the event you have just learned of.  Since you were clearly not directly effected by September 11th, I think you choose to react with simple apathy because you think it makes you different, noticeable and mysteriously superior to the other people who have experessed the opposite of your feelings: sympathy and grief for the familys who lost their father, mother, friend, brother, sister, cousin, uncle, wife, husband or aquaitance.

Give a shit about Darfur before you insult deadly about 9/11.

Thank you for bringing a totally unrelated topic to this discussion.  No one said they didn't care about Darfur.  Stop attempting to portray a false image of wisdom.

Offline rabbit

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2006, 09:47:40 am »
It's not totally unrelated.  People keep talking about "substantial loss of life" and "thousands dead" etc...  deadly already showed how tiny an amount of people died.  Where are the threads of "Remembering Darfur"?  Half a million people died within a couple years, and another 2 million were forced out of their homes.  10000 die each month due to that shit.  9/11 would have to happen THREE TIMES A MONTH just to keep up, and yet nobody here has said a damned thing in remembrance or support.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2006, 09:53:14 am »
1) Darfur kills its own damned people like Saddam did.
2) Darfur isnt fucking America...OF COURSE we put the USA #1 in our minds as we should.

Offline Chavo

• x86
  • no u
    • View Profile
    • Chavoland
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2006, 10:24:28 am »
It's not totally unrelated.  People keep talking about "substantial loss of life" and "thousands dead" etc...  deadly already showed how tiny an amount of people died.  Where are the threads of "Remembering Darfur"?  Half a million people died within a couple years, and another 2 million were forced out of their homes.  10000 die each month due to that shit.  9/11 would have to happen THREE TIMES A MONTH just to keep up, and yet nobody here has said a damned thing in remembrance or support.

You are still introducing an unrelated topic and suggesting that because noone has previously suggested it was horrific that we must all think it is not horrific.  Is it horrific? Of course.  Does it make 9/11 less horrific? No.  If you measure how horrific death is by just the number of people that died, your life is either too sheltered and you just don't have a good grasp on death or you are a heartless bastard.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2006, 12:48:15 pm »

No one has done anything?

http://www.gatesfoundation.org/GlobalHealth/Pri_Diseases/Vaccines/Announcements/Announce-040526.htm
http://www.gatesfoundation.org/GlobalHealth/Pri_Diseases/Vaccines/Announcements/Announce-040525.htm
http://www.gatesfoundation.org/GlobalHealth/OtherInitiatives/EmergencyRelief/Announcements/Announce-050629.htm

Stop being such a dumbass, rabbit.  I grow weary of you attempting to appear mysteriously wiser than everyone around you.  We're aware of Darfur, we're sorry about their living conditions and the deaths of their family members.  Who the fuck are you to judge us?  How the fuck do you think that you can climb into our minds and see that we don't give a fuck about Darfur?  I don't see you shedding a tear over them either.  You're merely using their situation to "one-up" us.  Pathetic.

Offline rabbit

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2006, 03:04:59 pm »

http://www.gatesfoundation.org/GlobalHealth/Pri_Diseases/Vaccines/Announcements/Announce-040526.htm
http://www.gatesfoundation.org/GlobalHealth/Pri_Diseases/Vaccines/Announcements/Announce-040525.htm
http://www.gatesfoundation.org/GlobalHealth/OtherInitiatives/EmergencyRelief/Announcements/Announce-050629.htm

Stop being such a dumbass, rabbit.  I grow weary of you attempting to appear mysteriously wiser than everyone around you.  We're aware of Darfur, we're sorry about their living conditions and the deaths of their family members.  Who the fuck are you to judge us?  How the fuck do you think that you can climb into our minds and see that we don't give a fuck about Darfur?  I don't see you shedding a tear over them either.  You're merely using their situation to "one-up" us.  Pathetic.
I said nobody here, not just nobody.  And of course you don't see me shed a tear.  You're not at the fucking marches.

trust

« Reply #38 on: September 14, 2006, 03:05:34 pm »
Last time I checked, none of the people that died in the attacks on the US died while in Darfur. Please make a "Remembering Darfur" thread or something.

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 14, 2006, 03:20:12 pm »
Go back to wherever you came from.  You're an insensitive piece of shit and should be stoned on sight, that's like saying, "Fuck Independence Day, it was hardly "glorious" in my book."
Now I can see how your son is going to turn out.

Pretending that the loss of thousands of innocent lives isn't horrific doesn't make you look cool.  Grow the fuck up.
I never said it made me look cool.  I gave up wanting to be cool in the sixth grade.  On a grand scale, what happened on 9/11 hardly counts as horrific.  A few thousand people died, yeah.. but out of the whole population (let's call it six billion) and let's call the number of people killed on 9/11 2,752.  You get 4.5867 x 10^-7% or (.00000000045867%).  I hardly consider that a "horrific" death toll.  Sure, that's a lot of people killed needlessly, but I don't believe it enough to be classified as "horrific."  The only reason you think it's horrific is because you are American.  I am not, so it doesn't really unnerve me that much that 2800 people I would never have met died.  Death happens.

I agree completely with uT.
Read above.

Good thing I don't have a son  ???

Try again.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 05:51:57 pm by Furious »
[23:04:34] <deadly7[x86]> Newby[x86]
[23:04:35] <deadly7[x86]> YOU ARE AN EMO
[23:04:39] <Newby[x86]> shush it woman

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Quote from: Ergot
Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2006, 04:10:30 pm »
I said nobody here, not just nobody.  And of course you don't see me shed a tear.  You're not at the fucking marches.

I didn't fly to New York to offer my sympathy to the victims of the 9/11 attack and I don't intend to fly to PA to march for the people in Darfur.  This is not the place to act the way you are.  You're being an insensitive, unthoughtful idiot.  What you're doing here is asinine.

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2006, 04:38:24 pm »

Change that?  You are perfectly capable of creating a thread to try and raise awarness of Darfur with in our community.
The once grove of splendor,
Aforetime crowned by lilac and lily,
Lay now forevermore slender;
And all winds that liven
Silhouette a lone existence;
A leafless oak grasping at eternity.

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2006, 10:28:26 pm »
No, you can't.  You've been using this as a mechanism of offense in several cases.  You should learn that using such sensitive subjects as this lead you nowhere.  It's pathetic that you resort to something such as this.
He pointlessly attacks me, so I figure I get to antagonize him.   I barely visit this place anymore as it is, and I don't much like having to deal with fucktards like him who can't handle that other people AREN'T LIKE HIM AND HAVE DIFFERENT OPINIONS (caps locked for emphasis).

Humans are naturally selfish.  I believe that sympathy is usually an illusion -- a projection of a feeling in order to gain the trust of a person or a group of people.  This is the initial cause of sympathy: it is an expectation.  Anyone who wishes to differentiate theirself from a group of people in this sort of situation can choose to ignore this expectation.  I've seen it done countless times.  I think the only way for a euphoric society to exist is to live life by the law: "Treat others as you wish to be treated."  If you ignore this metioned expectation in a more personal environment (say, for example, your friend has just told you that his father has died), I doubt that you would respond with such an insensitive remark as: "Who cares?  Your father is 0.00000000000000000023847234% of the world's population."  This is because the expectation is applied directly.  You're speaking with a person who has been directly effected by the event you have just learned of.  Since you were clearly not directly effected by September 11th, I think you choose to react with simple apathy because you think it makes you different, noticeable and mysteriously superior to the other people who have experessed the opposite of your feelings: sympathy and grief for the familys who lost their father, mother, friend, brother, sister, cousin, uncle, wife, husband or aquaitance.
I don't sympathize with people I don't know, nor do I expect people to sympathize with me.  And your trying to psychoanalyze me failed completely.

Good thing I don't have a son  ???
Try again.
I had a fifty percent chance.  Quiet.
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2006, 01:38:09 am »
You mean you don't sympathize with people who you don't have to confront.

I doubt you'd have the same attitude with a 9/11 victim if you met them at your house.

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2006, 05:18:00 pm »

I didn't fly to New York to offer my sympathy to the victims of the 9/11 attack and I don't intend to fly to PA to march for the people in Darfur.  This is not the place to act the way you are.  You're being an insensitive, unthoughtful idiot.  What you're doing here is asinine.
You have to understand Sidoh, that rabbit is liberal.  He's the kind of loony lefty liberal that is worried with everyone's freedom of speech and expression.... unless you say something that pisses him off... in which case he can't wait to tie your ass to the back of a Toyota hybrid and drag your rotting carcass in front of the Castro Instititute for the Continuing Study of Why America Sucks.  He's willing to change the world if he has to spend every buck of your money to do it.
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.