Author Topic: *gasp*  (Read 17688 times)

Offline Chavo

• x86
  • no u
    • View Profile
    • Chavoland
Re: *gasp*
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2006, 09:34:24 am »
I think you are afraid you would have a good time.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2006, 02:57:02 pm »
Or he's like me and knows he won't.  There's nothing I hate more than big social events.  The only time I like going 'out' somewhere is when there's bands playing that I like, so I can spend the time watching the bands and not socializing, because I hate socializing. 

But that's just me. 

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2006, 03:05:20 pm »
Let's leave my mom out of this. :(
Meanie.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline Joe

• B&
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2006, 05:05:49 pm »
@CrAz3D: It's not as bad as it sounds. It was more of a "we're not dating, we're just friends going to a social event together" thing than an actual date. In all truth, I wasn't even sure I wanted to go.

@iago: Except church, agreed.

@Warrior: You've brought up other people's moms before, haven't you?
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Chavo

• x86
  • no u
    • View Profile
    • Chavoland
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2006, 05:07:54 pm »
Or he's like me and knows he won't.  There's nothing I hate more than big social events.  The only time I like going 'out' somewhere is when there's bands playing that I like, so I can spend the time watching the bands and not socializing, because I hate socializing. 

But that's just me. 

In my experience, if you don't like a social event you either dislike ALL aspects of it or you convince yourself you don't like it because of one aspect.  When you are younger, you just cripple yourself socially if you let one or two things lock you into your 'safety zone' where you feel 100% comfortable.

Feeling uncomfortable in a situation != unable to have a good time and enjoy it.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2006, 05:15:10 pm »
In my experience, if you don't like a social event you either dislike ALL aspects of it or you convince yourself you don't like it because of one aspect.  When you are younger, you just cripple yourself socially if you let one or two things lock you into your 'safety zone' where you feel 100% comfortable.

Feeling uncomfortable in a situation != unable to have a good time and enjoy it.
It really depends.  I've went to social events and been perfectly comfortable before (like, being 100% family/friends, stuff like that).  I still don't like them.  I'm stuck somewhere for 4 hours and all I get to do is make small talk and try to keep the attention of people I'm talking to, which is a lot of work. 

Just no fun..

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2006, 05:16:00 pm »
She decided to go to a movie with some friends. It's ok, I didn't really want to go anyhow. I wasn't planning on going to dinner or anything, just dress up and hang out for four hours. So now I can spend those four hours much better -- sleeping. :)

Ouch. :|
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Joe

• B&
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2006, 05:21:01 pm »
No, I'm saying that if I went to the dance I'd be sitting for four hours socializing with perhaps five people, losing my voice trying to get them to hear me talk over the music (I'm going to do that tonight too, but eh?), getting a headache, and above all, wasting five dollars. :)

Offline Chavo

• x86
  • no u
    • View Profile
    • Chavoland
« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2006, 05:24:51 pm »

It really depends.  I've went to social events and been perfectly comfortable before (like, being 100% family/friends, stuff like that).  I still don't like them.  I'm stuck somewhere for 4 hours and all I get to do is make small talk and try to keep the attention of people I'm talking to, which is a lot of work. 

Just no fun..
Not my fault your family is boring :P

@joe: now you're just trying to rationalize your fear ;)

Offline Joe

• B&
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2006, 05:27:15 pm »
Haha @ Ron's family.

I'm not afraid of going to the dance. I'm just too damn lazy.

EDIT -
If I were afraid of anything right now it'd be the song I'm supposed to perform on stage in sign language tonight. And I'm not all that afraid. If anyone cares, it's Life is Good by Stellar Kart.

All around me your creation brings me to my knees in adoration.
Beauty here cannot compare to what I'll see when I first see you.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 05:29:13 pm by Joe[x86] »

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2006, 06:23:44 pm »
@Warrior: You've brought up other people's moms before, haven't you?

So? It's only mean when it comes to me.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline Chavo

• x86
  • no u
    • View Profile
    • Chavoland
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2006, 08:17:22 pm »

Who are you trying to convince? me or you?

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2006, 08:44:23 pm »
Himself. lol.

So, a girl made you unlazy? Sounds like you have some issues you need to work out. :P
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Joe

• B&
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2006, 11:16:22 pm »

Who are you trying to convince? me or you?

You. I honestly don't want to go. I thought for a while it might be fun to go to at least one dance in my high school carreer so I asked a friend -- it didn't work out so I shrugged it off.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2006, 11:25:06 pm »
You. I honestly don't want to go. I thought for a while it might be fun to go to at least one dance in my high school carreer so I asked a friend -- it didn't work out so I shrugged it off.

You have something better to do than mingle with friends at a pseudo-informal dance?