Author Topic: *gasp*  (Read 19448 times)

Offline Joe

• B&
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
Re: *gasp*
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2006, 11:36:12 pm »
You. I honestly don't want to go. I thought for a while it might be fun to go to at least one dance in my high school carreer so I asked a friend -- it didn't work out so I shrugged it off.

You have something better to do than mingle with friends at a pseudo-informal dance?

As a matter of fact my grandfather's 70th birthday party (surprise!) falls at the same time.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2006, 11:42:39 pm »
As a matter of fact my grandfather's 70th birthday party (surprise!) falls at the same time.

So go late?  Birthday parties for old people are very rarely entertaining (or "required") for more than 20 minutes. :P

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2006, 11:46:13 pm »

So go late?  Birthday parties for old people are very rarely entertaining (or "required") for more than 20 minutes. :P

I always enjoy the time I visit with my grandparents..  I suck at life, I think.
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline Chavo

• x86
  • no u
    • View Profile
    • Chavoland
« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2006, 11:48:35 pm »
But you said you were going to spend the 4 hours sleeping.  Some grandson...  :-\

I'm still not buying it.  You admit you've never been to one and insist you aren't going simply because you are too lazy to do so, not that you don't want to.  You are probably taking 'afraid' too literally.  I would argue that given the circumstance that you happened to be right outside the dance, didn't have to pay, and noone at all had any dates so you wouldn't feel out of place in that regard you still wouldn't go. 

If you didn't go under those circumstances it would be a classic case of anxiety towards a situation outside of your 'comfort zone.' If you were really 'just too lazy' then you would go to the dance in the above hypothetical situation, but I don't have any reason to believe that is the case.

Offline Joe

• B&
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2006, 11:55:28 pm »

He lives an hour away and I'm not street-legal. :P

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #50 on: September 28, 2006, 12:29:39 am »
If you didn't go under those circumstances it would be a classic case of anxiety towards a situation outside of your 'comfort zone.' If you were really 'just too lazy' then you would go to the dance in the above hypothetical situation, but I don't have any reason to believe that is the case.

I must say I agree.  I was the same way most of the time in high school.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2006, 12:33:58 am »
You. I honestly don't want to go. I thought for a while it might be fun to go to at least one dance in my high school carreer so I asked a friend -- it didn't work out so I shrugged it off.

So go if you think it would be fun to go for at least one dance. Maybe you'll hook up with someone?
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Joe

• B&
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2006, 08:47:52 am »

So go if you think it would be fun to go for at least one dance. Maybe you'll hook up with someone?

Joe can't dance.

Offline Chavo

• x86
  • no u
    • View Profile
    • Chavoland
« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2006, 09:34:23 am »
Worst excuse ever.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2006, 09:44:54 am »

Joe can't dance.

So if she DID say yes and you did go... where would you be? What would you do?
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2006, 09:45:09 am »

Joe can't dance.
Few men can.  Usually only most black dudes & alot of mexicans...

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2006, 10:24:53 am »
Almost everyone at my school knew how to line dance, swing dance, and slow dance (if you don't know how to slow dance..... :-\).  However, most of us guys had no idea how to dance to rap.  This usually meant we were SoL because that's all they played at the dances.
errr... something like that...

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #57 on: September 28, 2006, 12:04:28 pm »
Almost everyone at my school knew how to line dance, swing dance, and slow dance (if you don't know how to slow dance..... :-\).  However, most of us guys had no idea how to dance to rap.  This usually meant we were SoL because that's all they played at the dances.

Haha, yeah.  They played nothing but rap and country at dances at my high school.  That's all the played at the state FBLA convention too. :\

But anyway, I have no idea how to dance either.  I can slow dance (who can't?!), but that's about it.  I can move around like an idiot if all else fails!

Offline Chavo

• x86
  • no u
    • View Profile
    • Chavoland
« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2006, 02:23:48 pm »
I can move around like an idiot
Dancing, definition of :P

Offline d&q

• I'm here.
    • View Profile
    • Site
« Reply #59 on: September 28, 2006, 03:36:14 pm »

Joe can't dance.

? Is that even a common stereotype?
The writ of the founders must endure.