Author Topic: St Paul in a couple weeks  (Read 4947 times)

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
St Paul in a couple weeks
« on: September 21, 2006, 10:48:25 pm »
Dunno if anybody cares, but on Oct. 5 - 8 I'm going to be in St Paul, and in particular I'm going to be bored out of my mind on Oct. 6.  So if anybody around there is interested in meeting up, let me know -- 6th is by far the best day, I'm going to have 3-4 hours to kill in the evening.  And if you're going to talk about what's around there, pretend that I know absolutely nothing about St Paul. :)

Offline Chavo

• x86
  • no u
    • View Profile
    • Chavoland
Re: St Paul in a couple weeks
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2006, 02:47:48 am »
Go to the Mall of America.  Seriously, you can easily burn that 3-4 hours there without spending a cent. (and I don't even like malls/shopping/etc!)

There are a few good breweries if you are into that sort of thing, I can get specifics if you are.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 02:49:51 am by unTactical »

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2006, 07:40:41 am »
By St. Paul, I think you mean St. Paul Missery? How do you plan on getting there, car or plane? If the former, I think Wisconsin isn't too far out of your way. :)
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2006, 09:52:37 am »
Go to the Mall of America.  Seriously, you can easily burn that 3-4 hours there without spending a cent. (and I don't even like malls/shopping/etc!)

There are a few good breweries if you are into that sort of thing, I can get specifics if you are.
Haha, I think I'm going to end up going to Mall of America with friends, it's Friday when I'm going to be alone. 

By St. Paul, I think you mean St. Paul Missery? How do you plan on getting there, car or plane? If the former, I think Wisconsin isn't too far out of your way. :)
I have no idea what "Missery" is.  But to be specific, on Friday, I'm dropping people off at:
MYTH NIGHTCLUB ~ 3090 SOUTHLAWN DR, MAPLEWOOD, MN, 55109
And will have a couple hours to kill alone after that. 

It's rather hard to go to Wisconsin when I'm with a couple friends.  "I need to go meet a little boy who I met online" -- yeah right :P

However, if you can get to somewhere near Maplewood, which I hear is part of St Paul, then that's different.. I'm going to be alone in that area.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2006, 11:02:37 am »
Misery is top-secret America codename for Missouri.

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2006, 11:17:42 pm »
Ah, for some reason I mixed up the positions (and names) of Missouri and Minnisota in the middle of my sentence and thinking. Yeah, Wisconsin *is* out of your way then. But you're still coming around Christmas, right?

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2006, 12:26:30 am »
Dude.. you won't be too far away from me.  In fact, if you drove south you'd be where I am.
But the 5th - 8th are bad days.  I'm busy on all of them. :(
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2006, 03:30:17 am »
Ah, for some reason I mixed up the positions (and names) of Missouri and Minnisota in the middle of my sentence and thinking. Yeah, Wisconsin *is* out of your way then. But you're still coming around Christmas, right?
I have no idea if I'm going anywhere around Christmas, but with this trip coming, likely not. 

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2006, 02:29:08 pm »
I have no idea if I'm going anywhere around Christmas, but with this trip coming, likely not. 

Oh, I thought you said something about your being in Wisconsin over Christmas break when I tried to schedule some rendevouz in Canada over Christmas break. :P

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2006, 03:05:14 pm »
Oh, I thought you said something about your being in Wisconsin over Christmas break when I tried to schedule some rendevouz in Canada over Christmas break. :P
Well, we were thinking of going south around Christmas, but not necessarily to Wisconsin, just for something to do.  But since we're doing that in October, I don't think there's much sense in going again around Christmas.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2006, 08:50:58 pm »
We leave first thing tomorrow morning.  I don't think anybody can meet me there, but if you can, let me know. :P

We rented a "full-size" car, which is Dodge Magnum or Ford Taurus.  But they were out of those, so we got bumped to Chrysler 300, a Luxury!  It's pretty awesome.  :)

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2006, 10:54:00 pm »
=(  Damn you for not coming when I don't have an AP class / license. -.-
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2006, 11:01:04 pm »
Join us! Join us!
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2006, 01:37:54 am »
Come to Laramie, WY!
errr... something like that...

Offline Quik

• Webmaster Guy
  • x86
  • \x51 \x75 \x69 \x6B \x5B \x78 \x38 \x36 \x5D
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2006, 05:40:54 pm »
We leave first thing tomorrow morning.  I don't think anybody can meet me there, but if you can, let me know. :P

We rented a "full-size" car, which is Dodge Magnum or Ford Taurus.  But they were out of those, so we got bumped to Chrysler 300, a Luxury!  It's pretty awesome.  :)

Haha, such a silly Canadian.

DSM, or Diamond Star Motors, makes cars under the names "Dodge", "Mitsubishi", and "Chrysler" (Also Jeep as a spinoff). Saying the Chrysler is a luxury improvement over the Dodge is like saying Acura or Lexus is luxury compared to Honda or Toyota, respectively. It's the same damn thing! ;)
[20:21:13] xar: i was just thinking about the time iago came over here and we made this huge bomb and light up the sky for 6 min
[20:21:15] xar: that was funny

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2006, 08:37:32 pm »
I'm here, in my hotel room on St Paul.  How exciting!

Haha, such a silly Canadian.

DSM, or Diamond Star Motors, makes cars under the names "Dodge", "Mitsubishi", and "Chrysler" (Also Jeep as a spinoff). Saying the Chrysler is a luxury improvement over the Dodge is like saying Acura or Lexus is luxury compared to Honda or Toyota, respectively. It's the same damn thing! ;)
Well, it has to do with the rental car place.  The place has different levels (economy, mid-size, full-size, luxury, minivan, truck), and we had reserved a full-size, which is Ford Taurus / Dodge Magnum.  Because they were out, they gave us a Luxury, which is Chrysler 300 and others. 

It's all on their site: http://www.dollar.com/fleet/fleet_canada.aspx