Author Topic: Snakes In A House!  (Read 4982 times)

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
Snakes In A House!
« on: September 27, 2006, 02:42:42 pm »
http://www.forbes.com/technology/ebusiness/feeds/ap/2006/09/26/ap3047433.html

One day, Lyman Hepworth reached to turn on a light and discovered the pull cord was actually a snake.
That would WAY creep me out.

Endangered or not, I'd be takin a shovel to those little things

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
Re: Snakes In A House!
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2006, 02:53:53 pm »
Don't forget the movie, Snakes on a Train:)

But yeah, I wouldn't kill something unless it deserved to be killed.  And being somewhere you wouldn't expect it (like a house) isn't reason enough for me.  I'd sooner call Animal Control and let them deal with the problem, it's safer and nicer.

trust

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006, 10:03:58 pm »
I bet iago would hug a tree and wear pink boxers too.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2006, 10:20:48 pm »
I bet iago would hug a tree and wear pink boxers too.
Wow, you need help.  Have you ever tried poking your head out of your little box?

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2006, 10:32:08 pm »
But yeah, I wouldn't kill something unless it deserved to be killed.  And being somewhere you wouldn't expect it (like a house) isn't reason enough for me.  I'd sooner call Animal Control and let them deal with the problem, it's safer and nicer.

What if they erradicate the snakes? :P

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2006, 10:37:46 pm »

What if they erradicate the snakes? :P

Then that was obviously the best solution, and it's fine with me.  But they're the experts, not me, so I'd rather let them make the call. 

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2006, 10:42:36 pm »
Then that was obviously the best solution, and it's fine with me.  But they're the experts, not me, so I'd rather let them make the call. 

Alright, just making sure. :P

I'd call the animal police too.

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2006, 10:57:17 pm »

Alright, just making sure. :P

I'd call the animal police too.

OMG I HOPE PETA HAS YOUR ASS.
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2006, 12:27:18 am »
Are you crazy? If a snake jumped on my head when I opened a door, I'd be going ape-shit.
Hitmen: art is gay

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2006, 12:30:46 am »
OMG I HOPE PETA HAS YOUR ASS.

Pff, please.  They wouldn't touch my ass.  It's an endangered species.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2006, 12:35:06 am »
Are you crazy? If a snake jumped on my head when I opened a door, I'd be going ape-shit.
...or if you pulled a "chain" & it was a snake...I wouldve had a friggin heart attack right there

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2006, 12:04:26 pm »
Yeah, and maybe we're different, the last thing I'd do is try to kill it.  I'd slam the door and call 911 and tell them to send somebody to get the snake out of my house.  I sure as hell wouldn't try attacking it. 

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2006, 12:06:49 pm »
Yeah, and maybe we're different, the last thing I'd do is try to kill it.  I'd slam the door and call 911 and tell them to send somebody to get the snake out of my house.  I sure as hell wouldn't try attacking it. 

In that case, I think I would attack it.  I'd just stomp on its head or something like that.  My dad kills rattle snakes at the golf course he goes to with his golf clubs almost every time he goes.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2006, 02:17:38 pm »
In that case, I think I would attack it.  I'd just stomp on its head or something like that.  My dad kills rattle snakes at the golf course he goes to with his golf clubs almost every time he goes.
I'd be more worried about getting bitten.  Let a professional handle it, for me.  Plus, in addition to the safety thing, I still wouldn't want to kill an animal unless I had no choice. 

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2006, 02:34:17 pm »
I'd be more worried about getting bitten.  Let a professional handle it, for me.  Plus, in addition to the safety thing, I still wouldn't want to kill an animal unless I had no choice. 

I'd be worried too, but I think I'd still kill it.

I'd definitely kill a snake in that situation, even if I knew it was possible to call animal cops.