Author Topic: Mayday  (Read 2398 times)

Offline Killer360

• View Profile
Mayday
« on: October 05, 2006, 07:30:27 pm »
I was recently watching Discovery channel, and they have this show called Mayday that is only aired once in a while.

Anyways, this one was about a hijacked Ethiopian Airlines flight... and a disturbing crash as the 767 ran out of fuel.

I was searching google video, and I found it... This is what happens as a startled tourist films:
http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-7698963880629030399&q=ethiopian+airlines

:o

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
Re: Mayday
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2006, 11:09:56 am »
The book "Mayday" by Nelson DeMille and Thomas Block is way cooler than a Discovery Channel show about a plane from Ethiopia.  :P  It's about a supersonic jet that accidentally gets with an experimental Navy missile without a warhead, the plane decompresses in the outer atmosphere, and the only people who don't become zombie-like braindead people were in the lavatories where there was still atmosphere (air was being pushed in faster than it was escaping).
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.

Offline Killer360

• View Profile
Re: Mayday
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2006, 05:01:02 pm »
The book "Mayday" by Nelson DeMille and Thomas Block is way cooler than a Discovery Channel show about a plane from Ethiopia.  :P  It's about a supersonic jet that accidentally gets with an experimental Navy missile without a warhead, the plane decompresses in the outer atmosphere, and the only people who don't become zombie-like braindead people were in the lavatories where there was still atmosphere (air was being pushed in faster than it was escaping).
There are more episodes than just the Ethiopian Airlines one. That's what makes it more interesting. :)