Author Topic: Re: Joe The Lifeguard  (Read 17146 times)

Offline Super_X

• I suck.
  • I suck!
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Joe The Lifeguard
« Reply #60 on: November 05, 2006, 08:41:55 pm »
That's stupid, put some gloves on and help deliver that baby man..although I doubt paramedics would take so long ..

Do you know how to deliver a baby? If yes, enlighten me, otherwise you know as much about delivering babies as I do.

Joe the Lifeguard is now a true lifeguard, certified by the American Red Cross in CPR, First Aid, and Lifeguarding.

It usually involves lieing to the woman telling her "One more push" and counting to ten. Knowing you, you'll have trouble with the counting part.

Well, considering being certified in CPR requries you to be able to count to 15..
I've had my first aid and my CPR certificut for quite some time (three years, as long as I've been the aid for the shops at school) and we go to 30 now. It's a recent change. They have decided that you won't revive them with CPR, so you have to keep pumping blood, not giving their brain more air.

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
Re: Joe The Lifeguard
« Reply #61 on: November 05, 2006, 09:39:30 pm »
You have to get retested every year Super :P

Anyway, I got my CPR/First Aid right before the changes, so technically I'm certified, but I'd still be doing it wrong :P

Offline Joe

• B&
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #62 on: November 05, 2006, 10:15:38 pm »
That's stupid, put some gloves on and help deliver that baby man..although I doubt paramedics would take so long ..

Do you know how to deliver a baby? If yes, enlighten me, otherwise you know as much about delivering babies as I do.

Joe the Lifeguard is now a true lifeguard, certified by the American Red Cross in CPR, First Aid, and Lifeguarding.

It usually involves lieing to the woman telling her "One more push" and counting to ten. Knowing you, you'll have trouble with the counting part.

Well, considering being certified in CPR requries you to be able to count to 15..
I've had my first aid and my CPR certificut for quite some time (three years, as long as I've been the aid for the shops at school) and we go to 30 now. It's a recent change. They have decided that you won't revive them with CPR, so you have to keep pumping blood, not giving their brain more air.

Yeah. CPR certification only lasts one year, and first aid certification only lasts three (or maybe it's perminant and the three-year is lifeguarding, but I doubt it). And our instructors tought us that it was 2:15 for an adult, but did mention a change. Either way, if we have an unconcious victim it's an automagic "serious injury" which means all slides are completely stopped, all guards, slide attendants, supervisors, directors, MOD's, security officers, and even the RA's are immediately required to report to the scene (unless you're at the top of a slide, which is pretty hard), so I bet SOMEONE could do it properly.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Super_X

• I suck.
  • I suck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 06, 2006, 07:08:39 pm »
You have to get retested every year Super :P

Anyway, I got my CPR/First Aid right before the changes, so technically I'm certified, but I'd still be doing it wrong :P
I know, I've had to get a new one each year. I guess I should have phrased it better, oh well. I was just saying what we had learned.