Author Topic: Re: Joe The Lifeguard  (Read 17806 times)

trust

Re: Joe The Lifeguard
« on: October 17, 2006, 09:21:22 pm »
1) Lacrosse is the shit.
2) Laxers are the shit.
3) Joe will still be able to achieve goals based on his GPA (I don't know what his is, but I know I have a 2.4 and I've still been accepted into 1 out of 3 schools I'm waiting on decisions from.) A job can do nothing but help you, regardless of what it is, with your application.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2006, 09:33:46 pm »
1) Lacrosse is the shit.
2) Laxers are the shit.

8).
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2006, 11:00:39 pm »
1) Lacrosse is the shit.
2) Laxers are the shit.
3) Joe will still be able to achieve goals based on his GPA (I don't know what his is, but I know I have a 2.4 and I've still been accepted into 1 out of 3 schools I'm waiting on decisions from.) A job can do nothing but help you, regardless of what it is, with your application.
Are you guys based on a 4.0 scale?...

trust

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2006, 11:23:02 pm »
1) Lacrosse is the shit.
2) Laxers are the shit.

Yes. I'm still not quite sure how my GPA dropped so low, as I only had one failing grade that I can recall (one semester in French) but I did have a significant number of C's and also a good number of D's from my IB years. All A's and a B this year though!

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2006, 12:00:50 am »
1) Lacrosse is the shit.
2) Laxers are the shit.

Yes. I'm still not quite sure how my GPA dropped so low, as I only had one failing grade that I can recall (one semester in French) but I did have a significant number of C's and also a good number of D's from my IB years. All A's and a B this year though!
2.4, tsk senor. 

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2006, 07:32:17 pm »
I had no GPA :P

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2006, 05:08:03 pm »
At my University, D was considered a failing grade.  I had to re-take a course that I got a D in. 

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2006, 05:25:26 pm »
At my University, D was considered a failing grade.  I had to re-take a course that I got a D in. 
At my university, D is still passing, but for all the engineering program you have to get at least a C in any course necessary for your degree.  So basically, D is passing, but it's not good enough to get a degree. I'd just call it failing and get on with it.
errr... something like that...

Offline d&q

• I'm here.
    • View Profile
    • Site
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2006, 09:30:08 pm »

What course?
The writ of the founders must endure.

Offline Joe

• B&
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
Re: Re: Joe The Lifeguard
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2006, 09:56:20 pm »
Life is good. I'm decked out in standard-issue lifeguard gear (lanyard + whistle and nametag, lifeguard trunks, lifeguard shirt (red cross on back)) and will be a REAL lifeguard on.. uh.. the friday two weeks from tomorrow, after training.

My schedule for the next three days:

Friday:
School, 8AM to 3:13PM.
Dead time, 4:00PM to 4:30PM (I've got some business with human resources, mainly buying additional clothing)
Work, 4:30PM to close.

Saturday:
Work, 8:30AM to 3/5PM.

Sunday:
Work, 8:30AM to 3/5PM.
Small groups, 6:00 to 7:30PM.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2006, 09:58:35 pm by Joe[x86] »
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

trust

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2006, 10:17:55 pm »
What are you making? The pool lifeguards here make $10.30 starting I think.

Offline Joe

• B&
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2006, 11:22:19 pm »

Apparently I'm not allowed to tell you, but no authroity figure has told me that yet, so I don't care, not that'd they'd find out anyhow. $7.25 at hiring, $8.00 after certification. I guess it's not as much as your lifeguards make, but hey, I still can't complain that I'm getting $1.50 over minimum wage having just turned 16. :)

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2006, 12:29:45 am »

Apparently I'm not allowed to tell you, but no authroity figure has told me that yet, so I don't care, not that'd they'd find out anyhow. $7.25 at hiring, $8.00 after certification. I guess it's not as much as your lifeguards make, but hey, I still can't complain that I'm getting $1.50 over minimum wage having just turned 16. :)
Why wouldnt you be able to tell someone that?

Offline rabbit

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2006, 07:17:18 am »
Haha!  You have to miss church.  Joe-Owned.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2006, 11:29:31 am »
At my university, D is still passing, but for all the engineering program you have to get at least a C in any course necessary for your degree.  So basically, D is passing, but it's not good enough to get a degree. I'd just call it failing and get on with it.
Well, that's the same situation I was in.  Minimum C required in all courses, so D is basically a fail. 

What course?
74.303 -- Formal Languages and Automata Theory

I re-took it in my last semiester and got an A+, so go figure.  It's a tough course and my prof sucked. 

Why wouldnt you be able to tell someone that?
Some contracts have clauses that disallow discussion of that.  Part of the NDA. 

Offline Joe

• B&
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2006, 01:30:32 am »
I don't know what the NDA is, but for me, it's common sense, so theres no "I make more than you! Ha!" or "Why does he make more than me if he sucks at his job?" going on.

The first day was fun! I got to yell at like fifty kids for running.. around 5 cared what I had to say! I saw my 8th grade math teacher at the kiddie pool (with his kiddie) and basically rotated between two kiddie pools, a waterslide, and the bottom of the waterslide (all kiddie equipment). The nice thing about kiddie stuff is there is nearly zero posibility of drowning, or even getting hurt, so the kiddie pools was 'sit at the edge and make sure nothing bad happens', the bottom of the slide was 'stare at your feet and think' (splash waves would come hit your feet, because of the way the bottom is built, and you could tell when someone got down), and the top was pretty much 'you can go.. wait 30 seconds.. you can go..'. It's definately not the best job in the world, sure (I'd personally love a desk job programming right around now, actually), but it's definately not the worst (frycook, nay, busperson) and the indoor areas aren't that humid after you get your first good drenching and you're semi-wet. I think there were at least five points in the day where I totally forgot I was actually working. :)

EDIT -
Oh, and now that I've (temporarily, perhaps) quit WoW, I plan on going workaholic-mode on this job for a while. Shopping list!:
MacBook
iPod
Wireless router (for MacBook)
Phone line (Sounds stupid, but parents and I, plus friend, agreed it'd be a good move, plus the house is already wired for it).
More to come.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2006, 01:32:18 am by Joe[x86] »

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2006, 01:55:38 am »
I don't know what the NDA is, but for me, it's common sense, so theres no "I make more than you! Ha!" or "Why does he make more than me if he sucks at his job?" going on.

That doesn't mean that you haven't managed to overlook one or more reasons they want you to keep your pay somewhat confidential.

Offline Joe

• B&
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2006, 09:31:50 pm »
Seriously, like what? I honestly don't know. I respect their request, but I don't know why.

Anyhow, I just worked my first double (which is kinda big, seeing as how it's illegal or something for minors to work doubles..) and my feet hurt like fuck.

On the way out (it takes 15 minutes to walk from where I was stationed to the front desk) I saw these four girls, one taking a picture of the other tree, and said in a monotone, I'm-exhausted-but-joking voice, "Do you want the lifeguard in your picture too?" and they're like "YEAH!", one flings herself on me, smiles, and says "This is my boyfriend!". After they took the picture and were walking away, the one who took the picture, and thus wasn't in it, said "I'd like photo with you". I didn't recognize the accent as German, but as French, and I thought she said "I'd like flirt with you", because what American says "photo" in place of "picture", in that context, but then I remembered I was in WI Dells and that the majority are NOT Americans. :)

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2006, 09:53:33 pm »
Seriously, like what? I honestly don't know. I respect their request, but I don't know why.

Did you completely miss what I said?  Do you think that you're so special that you're capable of tracing every possible reason that a rule, a request or an expectation exists?

Offline Joe

• B&
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2006, 10:45:35 pm »

Did you completely miss what I said?  Do you think that you're so special that you're capable of tracing every possible reason that a rule, a request or an expectation exists?

I tried my hardest to say the opposite of that. I was asking if you meant that I missed something obvious, and if I did, to explain it.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2006, 11:05:42 pm »
I tried my hardest to say the opposite of that. I was asking if you meant that I missed something obvious, and if I did, to explain it.

You obviously didn't respect their request.  You totally ignored it and did exactly what it asked you to not do.

I'm not saying I see a reason for it; I'm simply pointing out that you should probably respect the requests of your employer.

Offline Joe

• B&
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2006, 11:12:35 pm »
K.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2006, 11:21:23 pm »
but it's definately not the worst (frycook, nay, busperson)

I doubt it. Do you get discounted/free food? Do you make your paycheck in tips? (meaning paycheck*2, meaning out here, that'd be ~$12-13 an hour)

Sure, you work harder, but you make more $ too. I'd rather be occupied with doing something than sitting there and going "ok, you can go...... wait..... ok, you can go" for six hours at a time.
- Newby

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline dark_drake

• x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2006, 11:29:00 pm »
Do you think that you're so special that you're capable of tracing every possible reason that a rule, a request or an expectation exists?
I am.  ;D

Offline rabbit

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2006, 08:31:04 am »
Home Depot ftw!  They pay 1/2 college tuition :X

trust

« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2006, 08:42:52 am »
Home Depot ftw!  They pay 1/2 college tuition :X

Are you serious? What are the requirements?

Offline rabbit

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2006, 11:11:29 am »
Work...I was talking to the girl at the paint counter while my paint was being stirred (shaken?).  She said they pay 1/2 of tuition as long as you work for them and are in college for something related to Home Depot (she said even English counts, so eh?), you get paid leave, ANNNND they will work you around your schedule, as long as you work a certain number of hours a week, which I think it's only like 8 or 10 too.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2006, 02:04:46 pm »
Work...I was talking to the girl at the paint counter while my paint was being stirred (shaken?).  She said they pay 1/2 of tuition as long as you work for them and are in college for something related to Home Depot (she said even English counts, so eh?), you get paid leave, ANNNND they will work you around your schedule, as long as you work a certain number of hours a week, which I think it's only like 8 or 10 too.

Wow, that's a pretty sweet deal.  I'd still hate working there, though.  Plus, I'm not sure if they'd count my areas of focus.

It's still nice to know.

Offline rabbit

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2006, 04:32:50 pm »
What area is that?

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2006, 04:50:45 pm »
What area is that?

Computer Science, Physics and Mathematics.

Offline Joe

• B&
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2006, 05:44:39 pm »
I doubt it. Do you get discounted/free food? Do you make your paycheck in tips? (meaning paycheck*2, meaning out here, that'd be ~$12-13 an hour)

Sure, you work harder, but you make more $ too. I'd rather be occupied with doing something than sitting there and going "ok, you can go...... wait..... ok, you can go" for six hours at a time.

I get dramatically discounted food. A 22oz soda is $1, down from $2.25. A $2 icecream bar is $1. In our break room, we get king sized candy bars for decent prices (the entire vending machine is >$1). No, I don't get tips, but the friend in question works at Wendy's, not a, in your words, real resteraunt, so he doesn't either. I'm sure there are people my age who make more than me, but the fact is I'm content with what I do make.

Story of the day! Clocking out I realized that a new pay cycle had begun, and I'd clocked out yesterday with 13.99 hours (not 13 hours and 99 minutes, though), all acheived on a Friday-Saturday. Today I got to run the most "intense" slide we have, the Hurricane, and naturally on my first shift running it the raft-return went to shit on us. Luckily the shallow-guard at the bottom was Tory and he knew I was a newbie and figured it all out on his own. :). After that it was shallow-guard in the kiddie pool for two rotations in a row (the person behind me was willing to skip me, but thought I was insane), and then clocking out 15 minutes late because LG supervisors can't tell time. When I went to schedule my hours for this week, the supervisor in that area was on Yahoo chatting and had to finish typing her message before she minimized and talked to me. :(.

EDIT -
At Newby's second point, slide attendants only attend slides half the time. The rest is shallow-guarding in kiddie pools. You don't need certification to do shallow-guard under 1ft, but you can't administer first aid if something happens (two whistle blows and a "come here" sign gets you a real lifeguard though so it's all good, and three whistle blows gets them all!).
« Last Edit: October 22, 2006, 05:46:17 pm by Joe[x86] »

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2006, 05:49:55 pm »
I get dramatically discounted food. A 22oz soda is $1, down from $2.25. A $2 icecream bar is $1

I meant actual meals, but neat. You can get junk food cheaper. I got soda for free though, and it's an unlimited supply. :P

- Newby

Offline Joe

• B&
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2006, 05:51:53 pm »
I meant actual meals, but neat. You can get junk food cheaper. I got soda for free though, and it's an unlimited supply. :P

When I bought my soda, I filled it up, chugged it, and refilled it. I'm sure we'd be able to get refills, but I wasn't thirsty enough to bother finding out. And yeah, they don't serve actual meals.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2006, 07:48:13 pm »
When I bought my soda, I filled it up, chugged it, and refilled it. I'm sure we'd be able to get refills, but I wasn't thirsty enough to bother finding out. And yeah, they don't serve actual meals.

You bought it. I simply picked up a cup and filled it. :]
- Newby

Offline rabbit

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2006, 08:19:01 pm »
ROFL!!  That counts.  I'm sure of it.

Offline Joe

• B&
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2006, 07:59:41 am »
Note that dri-fit shirts are great for lifeguarding, but when dry they're very static. :(.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2006, 12:33:33 pm »
ROFL!!  That counts.  I'm sure of it.

?

Offline Joe

• B&
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2006, 05:13:01 pm »
Joetheodd is phat rich mofos. $20 in savings, $20 in checking, at Wells Fargo. I earn intrest on my savings, and have a checkbook for my savings.. so I don't know what the difference is, but eh? I grossed $101.43, paid $34 to the Wilderness for my uniform, and like $8 to USA, netting $59.67, spending around $5 at McDonalds, and bought some gum, soda, and a CD Player at Wallyworld.

Life is good, damn it.

Offline dark_drake

• x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2006, 05:34:13 pm »
Life is good, damn it.
So you're cursing the fact that life is good? :-\

Offline Joe

• B&
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2006, 05:53:41 pm »
No, I'm emphasing it!

And actually, my checkbook for my savings account is just full of deposit slips. Hm, whatever. And yay for balance tranfers.. I'm prepared to go out of town this weekend, after transfering $10 to checking! :)

Offline d&q

• I'm here.
    • View Profile
    • Site
« Reply #40 on: October 29, 2006, 07:21:58 pm »
Hehe I'm rich too! I have $80 under my bed. I think I'm gonna buy 790 bags of ramen and a $1 hooker. And also, maybe you should save for college, or something remotely useful.

Offline Joe

• B&
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2006, 11:54:25 pm »
Red Cross is a bunch of hardasses. Rule of Lifeguarding, when a woman is giving emergency child birth, never stick your fingers in her vagina for any reason, even to assist delivery. Also, the baby will be slippery so avoid dropping it.

Monday: Classroom.
Tuesday: Rescue practice at city pool.
Wednesday: Classroom.
Thursday: Some more pool stuff.
Friday: Testing.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #42 on: October 31, 2006, 12:02:04 am »
Does a quicky before her contractions get too bad count?

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2006, 07:29:33 pm »
That's stupid, put some gloves on and help deliver that baby man..although I doubt paramedics would take so long ..
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline Joe

• B&
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2006, 11:39:09 pm »
That's stupid, put some gloves on and help deliver that baby man..although I doubt paramedics would take so long ..

Do you know how to deliver a baby? If yes, enlighten me, otherwise you know as much about delivering babies as I do.

Joe the Lifeguard is now a true lifeguard, certified by the American Red Cross in CPR, First Aid, and Lifeguarding.

Offline d&q

• I'm here.
    • View Profile
    • Site
« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2006, 11:13:28 am »
Congrats!

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2006, 07:43:35 pm »

Do you know how to deliver a baby? If yes, enlighten me, otherwise you know as much about delivering babies as I do.

Joe the Lifeguard is now a true lifeguard, certified by the American Red Cross in CPR, First Aid, and Lifeguarding.

It usually involves lieing to the woman telling her "One more push" and counting to ten. Knowing you, you'll have trouble with the counting part.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2006, 07:46:18 pm »
It usually involves lieing to the woman telling her "One more push" and counting to ten. Knowing you, you'll have trouble with the counting part.

Excuse me, but have you been to medical school?

Offline Joe

• B&
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2006, 11:04:15 pm »

Well, considering being certified in CPR requries you to be able to count to 15..

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #49 on: November 05, 2006, 12:33:07 am »
Well, considering being certified in CPR requries you to be able to count to 15..

You cheated.

Offline Joe

• B&
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #50 on: November 05, 2006, 12:48:05 am »

You cheated.

No, but I'll admit that I did a horrible job at it (CPR itself, not counting).

One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen.
Uno, dos, tres, cuatro, cinco, seis, siete, ocho, nueve, deis, once, doce, trece, catorce, quince.
Un, deux, trois, quatre, cinq, six, sept, huit, neuf, dix, onze, douze, treize, quatorze, quinze.
Uno, due, tre, quattro, cinque, sei, sette, otto, nove, dieci, undici, dodici, tredici, quattordici, quindici.
Uns, dois, três, quatro, cinco, seis, sete, oito, nove, dez, onze, doze, treze, quatorze, quinze.
واحد ، اثنين او ثلاثة او اربعة او خمسة او ستة او سبعة وثمانيه وتسعة وعشر والحاديه عشرة والثانية عشرة والثالثة عشرة والرابعة عشرة وخمسة عشر.

English, Español, Français, Italiano, Portuguese, العربية (Arabic).
« Last Edit: November 05, 2006, 12:54:49 am by Joe[x86] »

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2006, 12:51:04 am »
You googled it.

Offline Joe

• B&
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #52 on: November 05, 2006, 12:56:14 am »
Not English and Spanish. :P

Sidoh es mi mejor amigo, pero él no hablas español..
« Last Edit: November 05, 2006, 01:00:06 am by Joe[x86] »

Offline dark_drake

• x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 05, 2006, 01:06:14 am »

Wrong verb conjugation on hablar.

Offline Joe

• B&
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #54 on: November 05, 2006, 01:07:50 am »
Really? What's the proper verb conjugation?

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #55 on: November 05, 2006, 01:54:12 am »
Anyone can type a sentence into Google Translator, Joe.  That doesn't make you fluent in the language.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 05, 2006, 02:15:14 am »

Wrong verb conjugation on hablar.

Indeed.

Sidoh es su amigo mejor, pero el no habla espanol porque es un tonto que usa Windows. Necesita morir.
- Newby

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #57 on: November 05, 2006, 02:22:49 am »
 ::)

Offline rabbit

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 05, 2006, 07:28:50 am »
15 in Italian is cinquedici.

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 05, 2006, 04:34:59 pm »

Excuse me, but have you been to medical school?

It was a joke..jesus christ.

Offline Super_X

• I suck.
  • I suck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 05, 2006, 08:41:55 pm »

I've had my first aid and my CPR certificut for quite some time (three years, as long as I've been the aid for the shops at school) and we go to 30 now. It's a recent change. They have decided that you won't revive them with CPR, so you have to keep pumping blood, not giving their brain more air.

Offline rabbit

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 05, 2006, 09:39:30 pm »
You have to get retested every year Super :P

Anyway, I got my CPR/First Aid right before the changes, so technically I'm certified, but I'd still be doing it wrong :P

Offline Joe

• B&
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #62 on: November 05, 2006, 10:15:38 pm »

I've had my first aid and my CPR certificut for quite some time (three years, as long as I've been the aid for the shops at school) and we go to 30 now. It's a recent change. They have decided that you won't revive them with CPR, so you have to keep pumping blood, not giving their brain more air.

Yeah. CPR certification only lasts one year, and first aid certification only lasts three (or maybe it's perminant and the three-year is lifeguarding, but I doubt it). And our instructors tought us that it was 2:15 for an adult, but did mention a change. Either way, if we have an unconcious victim it's an automagic "serious injury" which means all slides are completely stopped, all guards, slide attendants, supervisors, directors, MOD's, security officers, and even the RA's are immediately required to report to the scene (unless you're at the top of a slide, which is pretty hard), so I bet SOMEONE could do it properly.

Offline Super_X

• I suck.
  • I suck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 06, 2006, 07:08:39 pm »
You have to get retested every year Super :P

Anyway, I got my CPR/First Aid right before the changes, so technically I'm certified, but I'd still be doing it wrong :P
I know, I've had to get a new one each year. I guess I should have phrased it better, oh well. I was just saying what we had learned.