Author Topic: Apple gets shitted on hard  (Read 2933 times)

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
Apple gets shitted on hard
« on: October 19, 2006, 07:57:44 pm »
http://www.windowsitpro.com/Articles/ArticleID/93946/93946.html

Hah. Blasted. Compared to McDonalds, they came out on BOTTOM.

That's gotta hurt.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
Re: Apple gets shitted on hard
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2006, 08:06:58 pm »
That guy's a retard.

Apple and McDonald's took the same steps.  They make it seems like McDonalds is somehow better, the only difference was the one little line, "As you might imagine, we are upset at Windows for not being more hardy against such viruses, and even more upset with ourselves for not catching it," which I still think was more 'poking fun' then anything else. 

Making fun of Apple on a site with "microsoft" in its name -- big effin' deal.

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2006, 08:16:24 pm »
I think the guy makes a great point:

But hey, why waste an opportunity to blame Microsoft for content on an iPod?
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2006, 02:23:48 pm »
That guy's a retard.

Apple and McDonald's took the same steps.  They make it seems like McDonalds is somehow better, the only difference was the one little line, "As you might imagine, we are upset at Windows for not being more hardy against such viruses, and even more upset with ourselves for not catching it," which I still think was more 'poking fun' then anything else. 

Making fun of Apple on a site with "microsoft" in its name -- big effin' deal.

Difference: Mcdonalds took responsibility for the problem, Apple pointed fingers. It's their fault for not watching what goes onto their iPod, that's a scary thing considering millions of people get the iPods.

What pisses me off is they blast Windows for being a bad OS yet use it in their distribution process..
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2006, 02:28:24 pm »
Difference: Mcdonalds took responsibility for the problem, Apple pointed fingers. It's their fault for not watching what goes onto their iPod, that's a scary thing considering millions of people get the iPods.

What pisses me off is they blast Windows for being a bad OS yet use it in their distribution process..
Apple took responsiblity.  They said "As you might imagine, we are upset at Windows for not being more hardy against such viruses, and even more upset with ourselves for not catching it,"

If millions of people got the virus, that would be funnier much different.  But as it stands, the problem was very minimal.  Not that that means anything, but eh?

They never blasted Windows, they poked fun.  But in any case, me and Newby (mostly me) came up with a few reasons why they might be using Windows:
- iPods are manufactured in China, and Chinese people are stupid. 
- They use Windows for QA, to make sure the product works (most likely explanation, and also the most humorously ironic).
- They use Windows to install the firmware, since Windows iPods have slightly different firmware (FAT32 instead of HFS+). 

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2006, 02:42:07 pm »

HAHAHHA.  Right.  Stupid and Chinese are mutually exclusive!

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2006, 02:58:37 pm »

Apple took responsiblity.  They said "As you might imagine, we are upset at Windows for not being more hardy against such viruses, and even more upset with ourselves for not catching it,"

If millions of people got the virus, that would be funnier much different.  But as it stands, the problem was very minimal.  Not that that means anything, but eh?

It is wrong for them to blame Windows for a problem soley their fault. THEY didnt check for issues with their iPods, it shows that they just don't know what they are putting on their iPods. It might not have gotten out to the millions but that's besides the point. The point is that it COULD of and for something to even get this far is a joke.

They never blasted Windows, they poked fun.  But in any case, me and Newby (mostly me) came up with a few reasons why they might be using Windows:

I'd call saying an OS isn't "Hardy against viruses" as an attack torwards the OS. Maybe if Mac had more marketshare people would be interested enough to write viruses for that shitty OS.

- They use Windows for QA, to make sure the product works (most likely explanation, and also the most humorously ironic).
- They use Windows to install the firmware, since Windows iPods have slightly different firmware (FAT32 instead of HFS+).

That's true, it's still pretty ironic they attack Windows from time to tiem (WWDC, Commercials, etc..) and use that OS to install the firmware.

[/quote]
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2006, 03:25:46 pm »
I'd call saying an OS isn't "Hardy against viruses" as an attack torwards the OS. Maybe if Mac had more marketshare people would be interested enough to write viruses for that shitty OS.
Yeah, but it wouldn't work reversed, because Mac would pop up that warning box (like Windows Vista) has and people would go "wtf mate? ^^"

That's true, it's still pretty ironic they attack Windows from time to tiem (WWDC, Commercials, etc..) and use that OS to install the firmware.
It's ironic, but it's also understandable.  If they support Windows, it's expected that they use Windows for QA and testing. 

And incidentally, I doubt that the factory that makes them is specifically Apple, it's probably just some "Chin's Factowy" somewhere.

Offline Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2006, 04:05:49 pm »
LOL CHINS FACTOWY