Author Topic: Blind F'ers sue Target cuz...guess...they cant access their web page  (Read 2387 times)

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061024/ap_on_bi_ge/business_of_life

That's why the NFB, an organization that represents blind people, is suing Target Corp., saying that its Web site is inaccessible to blind Internet users.
Are you kidding me?!  Why don't they just F'IN sue Mother Nature cause they cant see the sunlight & they're damned program won't read it to them!? 
Maybe they should try to climb Mt. McKinley then sue Alaska because they walked off a cliff & there were no friggin brail signs that said "MOTHER F'ING HUGE DROP, BACK YOUR BLIND ASS AWAY!"

What on earth is this world coming to!?

Last month a federal judge in California allowed the NFB's case to proceed, rejecting Target's argument that its Web site wasn't subject to the Americans With Disabilities Act, a 1990 law that requires retailers and other public places to make accommodations for people with disabilities. Target argued that the law only covered physical spaces.
I hope somebody finds a way to sue the court system if Target loses this case.

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
Re: Blind F'ers sue Target cuz...guess...they cant access their web page
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 07:10:40 am »
?  It was ruled a while ago that major commercial websites (maybe not even major) based in the US must comply with the AWDA.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 08:26:14 am »
?  It was ruled a while ago that major commercial websites (maybe not even major) based in the US must comply with the AWDA.
I was just thinking, there must be some reason if they're allowed to sue. 

And calling them "Blind F'ers" is pretty rude, I have an aunt who was blind (till she died), and it seems like being blind really, really sucks

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2006, 09:46:43 am »

And calling them "Blind F'ers" is pretty rude, I have an aunt who was blind (till she died), and it seems like being blind really, really sucks
nah, just this dude that is suing is who I'm talkin about.

?!  bah, how could they possibly rule that a website has to comply with that law!?  That is ridiculous.

Any idea when some court said that it applies to websites?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2006, 09:49:59 am by CrAz3D »

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2006, 11:46:23 pm »

My blind friend, Sam, is a proficient Java programmer and has no problems browsing websites, it's only things like Flash that #@#$ the program he uses.  :P

Upon review of the target webpage, IT IS TERRIBLE.
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...