Author Topic: New laptop  (Read 6181 times)

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
Re: New laptop
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2006, 10:57:05 am »
Dude, you should get a Gateway CX2724.  That's the tablet I have.  It kicks major ass.  :)  It was $1250 plus tax - they'll give you the original purchase price + tax towards your new machine, but you're on your own for the new warranty.  Mine was $250 without accidental damage coverage.
ahh, ok, Iw as gonna ask you what you have.  I see that you've been through BestBuy's program before :(
Have you ended up scratching your screen by writing on it?...
Nope, the screen is designed to avoid scratching and you of course use the stylus they provide.

I always get the Best Buy warranty program on laptops.  I've gotten 3 batteries out of it (out of 2 computers!) and a new 17" LCD screen.  Not to mention a brand-spankin' new computer.  The cost of the warranty is always worth it.

I haven't had problem 1 with my Gateway - I'm actually quite impressed with how well it works.  I get about 3.5 hours of battery life when I'm not playing an optical disc and when I have the screen on max brightness - a little less than advertised, but still more than my old laptop (I couldn't make it through a 75 minute class with that beast).  Plus the tablet!  :D

Overall this machine performs just as well as my home computer, and gets a Vista experience index of 2.6.
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
Re: New laptop
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2006, 03:14:46 pm »
Dude, you should get a Gateway CX2724.  That's the tablet I have.  It kicks major ass.  :)  It was $1250 plus tax - they'll give you the original purchase price + tax towards your new machine, but you're on your own for the new warranty.  Mine was $250 without accidental damage coverage.
ahh, ok, Iw as gonna ask you what you have.  I see that you've been through BestBuy's program before :(
Have you ended up scratching your screen by writing on it?...
Nope, the screen is designed to avoid scratching and you of course use the stylus they provide.

I always get the Best Buy warranty program on laptops.  I've gotten 3 batteries out of it (out of 2 computers!) and a new 17" LCD screen.  Not to mention a brand-spankin' new computer.  The cost of the warranty is always worth it.

I haven't had problem 1 with my Gateway - I'm actually quite impressed with how well it works.  I get about 3.5 hours of battery life when I'm not playing an optical disc and when I have the screen on max brightness - a little less than advertised, but still more than my old laptop (I couldn't make it through a 75 minute class with that beast).  Plus the tablet!  :D

Overall this machine performs just as well as my home computer, and gets a Vista experience index of 2.6.
That sounds pretty sweet!
Too bad BestBuy doesnt carry tablets it seems:(

My current laptop's battery life is about 2 hours... :(