Author Topic: Swapping barcodes?  (Read 6109 times)

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
Re: Swapping barcodes?
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2006, 07:27:39 pm »
I'm in a city of about 700k people, and we have lots of Wal-marts, but none of them are (at least, as far as I know) "Super Wal-marts" -- what's the difference?  Maybe Canada isn't as into the idea of Super stores..
Kinda wierd; I live in a suburb with about 10,000 people in it, and I live literally 5 houses down from a Super Walmart.
Hitmen: art is gay

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2006, 07:47:45 pm »
They tend to be in lesser populated places (IE: in the burbs)

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2006, 07:50:33 pm »
I should've read. Oh well, it supports what you said.
Hitmen: art is gay

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2006, 11:32:09 pm »
Actually, they're converting the local Walmart in my city to the first super Walmart in Canada.  :)
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2006, 07:53:56 pm »
They removed self checkout from most of the stores here. I guess they weren't being used enough. Also, the Super Walmart in my city has self-checkout but it requires an employee validation. They are building another super walmart a few miles from my house so I'm curious to see how they implement it there.

Really?  I haven't noticed, maybe it's just in Norfolk.  Over where I live the Walmart(s) and Kroger(s) all have them, among a few other stores.
[23:04:34] <deadly7[x86]> Newby[x86]
[23:04:35] <deadly7[x86]> YOU ARE AN EMO
[23:04:39] <Newby[x86]> shush it woman

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Quote from: Ergot
Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

trust

« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2006, 11:15:37 pm »
We have a Super K-Mart, 2 Super Walmarts, a Big Kmart, and a Target. The new Super Walmart (#2) is being built right next door to the Big Kmart, so I think it's only a short time before we have: Super K-Mart, 2 Super Walmarts, and a Target. Although the Super K-Mart will be inbetween the two Wal-Marts so maybe they will go down too in more time. Currently the Super Walmart is always so crowded so this will definitely help (and the new walmart is not far from my house so that's good...although the other one isn't far either.)

We have 234,403 people in the city according to Wikipedia, but the way the area (referred to as the 7 cities) is set up is kind of like the European Union. They're all really close together and people travel between them like it's nothing. (Example: We have two malls in my city, but it's nothing to go to Chesapeake or Virginia Beach to go to the mall or movies or dinner etc.) The closeness is amplified by the fact that I live in Norfolk, but "South Norfolk" is a community in Chesapeake and "West Norfolk" is a community in Portsmouth. In the all of them, there's a population of 1.6 million making it the 4th largest metro area in the SE US, and the largest between DC and Atlanta.

It sucks because of all the "urban" people and poverty and crowds and stuff, but I guess the fact that we have stuff that's accesible is good.