Author Topic: Firefox 2.0 being released!  (Read 10558 times)

Offline Ergot

• 吴立峰 ^_^ !
  • x86
  • I steal bandwidth. p_o
    • View Profile
Re: Firefox 2.0 being released!
« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2006, 04:57:04 pm »
I like this new FireFox.

New web brower, new computer, new phone...I've had alot of new this last few days.  (The only one that should've happened was the browser, but whatever)
It's obvious that downloading the new Firefox leads to new stuff! Everyone should download it!
Who gives a damn? I fuck sheep all the time.
And yes, male both ends.  There are a couple lesbians that need a two-ended dildo...My router just refuses to wear a strap-on.
(05:55:03) JoE ThE oDD: omfg good job i got a boner thinkin bout them chinese bitches
(17:54:15) Sidoh: I love cosmetology

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2006, 01:18:20 am »
Plus, it's even more bloated.  Sure, I don't leave Firefox running to rape my memory up the ass, but now I have even more bloat with it!

Spell-checking, search engines, web feeds, live titles?  What the heck?  I don't use that crap, stop forcing it on me.  If the makers of Firefox like it, great, they can make a plugin for it.  Stop forcing what was once a light, nice browser to become a bloated IE, neg huge security holes.
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline Super_X

• I suck.
  • I suck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 29, 2006, 01:01:05 am »
Plus, it's even more bloated.  Sure, I don't leave Firefox running to rape my memory up the ass, but now I have even more bloat with it!

Spell-checking, search engines, web feeds, live titles?  What the heck?  I don't use that crap, stop forcing it on me.  If the makers of Firefox like it, great, they can make a plugin for it.  Stop forcing what was once a light, nice browser to become a bloated IE, neg huge security holes.
I still prefer Mozilla suite 1.7. See, I pwn. No change for me!

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2006, 01:28:31 am »
You're all fools for not using Opera!  Except iago.  He's not a fool.

Okay, okay.  None of you are fools.  But still!  Opera is awesome!  And if you don't believe me, I have a few words to convince you:

Common...  Common!

Offline Ergot

• 吴立峰 ^_^ !
  • x86
  • I steal bandwidth. p_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2006, 02:39:30 am »
You're all fools for not using Opera!  Except iago.  He's not a fool.

Okay, okay.  None of you are fools.  But still!  Opera is awesome!  And if you don't believe me, I have a few words to convince you:

Common...  Common!
I don't like Opera. I tried it, it just wasn't me.
Who gives a damn? I fuck sheep all the time.
And yes, male both ends.  There are a couple lesbians that need a two-ended dildo...My router just refuses to wear a strap-on.
(05:55:03) JoE ThE oDD: omfg good job i got a boner thinkin bout them chinese bitches
(17:54:15) Sidoh: I love cosmetology

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2006, 03:10:37 am »
I don't like Opera. I tried it, it just wasn't me.

Then you suck!  It's the only plausible explanation.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2006, 08:52:17 am »

Actually, another feature is that it uses less memory and runs faster. 

Go figure...

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2006, 10:22:17 am »

Go figure...
Prove it. ;)
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2006, 11:00:40 am »

Go figure...
Prove it. ;)
I can't find it on their "Release Notes" page, but I'm sure I read it somewhere in their changelog.  But I don't feel like finding it, so screw it. 

- Spell-checking is a really nice feature, and it's not optional, nor does it take a noticeable amount of memory or cpu.
- Search engines are in every modern browser, including FireFox 1.0 and 1.5.
- Web feeds are done in FireFox 1.0 and 1.5, and I love them.  They just improved the interface to them in 2.0.

Nothing is being forced on you.  If you don't want to use RSS feeds, don't click the little icon (which, by the way, is there on FireFox 1.0 and 1.5).  If you don't want spellchecking (I don't know why you wouldn't), don't click them.  If you don't want search engine integration.. well, use IE6 or before. Every other browser includes search engines. 

Mozilla has never been a nice, light browser, it's always been a useful feature-rich browser.  And IE isn't bloated, IE is simplistic, annoyingly simplistic.  IE doesn't need bloat to have its own security holes.

You're just looking for excuses.  If you don't want to go with a new browser, then don't.  But don't pick on features for being "forced on you"!

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2006, 04:06:25 pm »

Go figure...
Prove it. ;)
My anus is bleeding.

You're just looking for excuses.  If you don't want to go with a new browser, then don't.  But don't pick on features for being "forced on you"!

It's deadly. Go figure.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT.