Author Topic: John Kerry: What a ... I dunno  (Read 7431 times)

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
Re: John Kerry: What a ... I dunno
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2006, 06:28:36 pm »
iago, you know you're just lookin for stuff to pick at. 
Everyone else has acknowledged Kerry said something that makes him look like a complete fool, not that he isn't of course.  Also, I believe most people have accepted that it might have been a failed attempt at a distasteful joke (especially considering Bush did better than Kerry in school & beat Kerry in the presidential election)
Keep in mind that I'm not trying to defend Kerry.  I don't care about him.  I just don't see anything bad from the quotes I've seen.  Like I said, at worst, it's ambiguous. 

It doesn't really matter, though.. this whole thing is pretty meaningless.  Why did you post it, again?  Most people here aren't even voting age, and this isn't going to change anybody's minds.

trust

« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2006, 06:33:52 pm »
It doesn't really matter, though.. this whole thing is pretty meaningless.  Why did you post it, again?  Most people here aren't even voting age, and this isn't going to change anybody's minds.

So? Government affects everybody. I don't think posting a new blue screen is interesting, nor do I think it affects me. Most people here probably don't care, and they probably won't care after looking at it...but you still posted it.

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2006, 06:41:25 pm »
The blue screen thread is in his personal forum.  If you don't want to see iago's personal opinions, don't go there.  The General forum is for general stuff.  Besides, it doesn't matter what Kerry said.  He's a douchebag.  End of story.

trust

« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2006, 06:57:31 pm »
The blue screen thread is in his personal forum.  If you don't want to see iago's personal opinions, don't go there.  The General forum is for general stuff.  Besides, it doesn't matter what Kerry said.  He's a douchebag.  End of story.

Point taken. So, in that case, I don't care about the size of his databases. I'm pretty sure most people agree that it's not really important and it probably doesn't affect them that much. So, wait, why did he post it again?

The point is just because people here can't vote doesn't mean it shouldn't be posted. I don't care about the majority of the computer related stuff posted here, but I still visit. iago probably doesn't care about the political stuff, but he still visits.

Offline Hitmen

• B&
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2006, 08:53:10 pm »
I think this whole thing is just a GOP rally cry for the support of ignorant people. Anyone with half a brain, even the president of this country, knows exactly what Kerry was trying to say. While I've said before in this thread I think Kerry is a douche, I do not think he would ever insult this country's troops. He served in Vietnam. He knows what it's like to be thrown into something like that. Does bush? Nope. I do not know where the hell he believes it is his right to accuse a veteran of insulting the troops when it was obviously a jab at him. If it made him cry and he felt the need to lash out, great, but putting words into his mouth is not the right way to go about it.
(22:15:39) Newby: it hurts to swallow

trust

« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2006, 09:25:14 pm »
I don't think any words were put into his mouth, seeing as how he actually said it. Regardless of what was meant to be said, it was said. I understand that he meant to make a jab at our Commander in Chief (which in my opinion is just as bad) but the point is it isn't OK to say things like that. It's just like when George Allen called that guy a Macacca. It was a joke, but it was still offensive and he's still receiving backlash for it which could hurt him in the midterm elections and in the presidential election.

Furthermore Kerry's intended remarks were just as unfounded. Bush was a veteran as well, not to mention Kerry's schoolmate. Bush was educated at one of the most prestigious high schools in the world, and at the top two colleges in the country (Yale and later Harvard, which he switched to for grad school as Yale was too liberal for his liking.) And even past that, Kerry has no room to talk as he performed worse in school than Bush.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2006, 11:21:15 pm »
It's not that I don't want anything about politics.  It's often interesting (or depressing). 

But I don't care if Kerry insulted the troops, intentionally or accidentally.  And I don't think too many others would, either. 

If he insulted the troops, it was an accident.  And like I said originally, Bush is the king of saying things by accident! :)

And incidentally, being educated at a prestigious school doesn't make somebody smarter or better, it means that they were richer (unless they had a scholarship, but I don't think that counts).  But I suspect that's a wholly different topic...

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2006, 02:20:37 am »
Agreed Bush has made up some odd stuff, but nothing like this.

Also, that Kerry would make a joke about Bush's intelligence is amusing simply because Bush did better in school.
So I guess if you fail to navigate the educational system you get (us) stuck in Iraq then you must suck at life if you lose the presidency to a person who failed to navigate the educational system.

trust

« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2006, 06:48:38 am »
Plus Kerry was on the Senate advisory council for Iraq (during the WMD investigation.) So I guess, in essence, he got us stuck there too?

Somebody should make him some waffles.

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2006, 06:53:17 am »
Kerry does not deserve waffles.