Author Topic: I got my new debit card, yay!  (Read 7532 times)

Offline Joe

• B&
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
Re: I got my new debit card, yay!
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2006, 10:57:43 pm »
reguardless

YOU'RE NOT CANADIAN.  That's not even an acceptable spelling of regardless in any form of English.

It was a typo, not me trying to be Canadian. And I will spell both colour and Saviour exactly as I'd like to. Actually, you're word "Savior" is pronounced with a u anyhow, if you ask me, so I spell it like that on accident!

You were in the midwest.  Coastal states, particularly in (sub)urban areas support debit (everywhere I've been to in Philly/NJ/NYC accepted debit).

Nobody's rejected my debit card yet. And besides, if they did, it's a valid visa credit card, too, in the sense that it's like a credit card on their side. I still get it immediately charged to my account, like a debit card. You know what I mean though, right?
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Chavo

• x86
  • no u
    • View Profile
    • Chavoland
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2006, 11:10:24 pm »
We do have it.  Joe just sucks at accepting social standards.
No, when I vacationed there last month maybe half the places I went to supported Debit, compared to here where they support it everywhere
A lot of places just run the debit as credit to save money on systems they have to implement.  Maybe you just didn't realize they supported debit in that way.  The only places I can't use a debit card here (a small town at that) are on-campus organization things.  I use my debit card literally everywhere.  In fact, the only reason I ever have cash anymore is for tips (if you write the tip on the bill, they get that taxed, so I'd rather do them a favor and give them cash) and splitting things with other people.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2006, 12:52:41 am »
We do have it.  Joe just sucks at accepting social standards.
No, when I vacationed there last month maybe half the places I went to supported Debit, compared to here where they support it everywhere
what kinda small ass town did you go to?

Even our city of 80k people is mostly cc/debit friendly

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2006, 06:52:29 am »
Actually, you're word "Savior" is pronounced with a u anyhow
No.  It's not.

Nobody's rejected my debit card yet. And besides, if they did, it's a valid visa credit card, too, in the sense that it's like a credit card on their side. I still get it immediately charged to my account, like a debit card. You know what I mean though, right?
I'm not talking about "rejecting" it.  I'm talking about places that accept cash or check only.

trust

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2006, 07:23:37 am »
So do you want to buy those books/Nintendo 64 now?

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2006, 09:40:49 am »
To respond to an older post in this thread: it's sort of true.  We do have cheques, but stores don't take them.  Cheques are only used for person-to-person money transfers, it's very rare to use one for a business (unless it's mail-in).

Offline Joe

• B&
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2006, 11:29:26 am »
So do you want to buy those books/Nintendo 64 now?

Oh, yeah! How much for the N64 and games? And does your paypal accept credit card (I'd assume so, bringing it up in this thread).

Also, what books do you have?

And yay, it's payday!
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.