• The Dude
  • x86
  • Victory
    • View Profile
    • Dark-Wire
Re: Wii
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2006, 01:00:04 pm »
Supply and demand, man.

Nintendo sent out alot of units, but there was also a demand. The store I was at only had 10. Some on eBay are selling for like $750 and all it comes with is a game. I'm including the Wii, a game (either Zelda or Madden) and the Wii controller.

I want to play it pretty badly though, so I'm thinking about going up to Toys R' Us on Military Hwy and getting another one. They told me they'd have alot when doors opened at 10.

Bundle w/ Zelda and Wii Remote

Bundle  w/ Madden and Wii Remote

I know why the prices are up there, I just think it's wrong.

I agree, it's the same exact thing as scalping tickets to some sporting event. If people are desperate enough to pay it then I guess they don't mind shelling out several extra hundred dollars for it.
Philosophy, n. A route of many roads leading from nowhere to nothing.

- Ambrose Bierce

trust

« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2006, 01:01:57 pm »
Every place is sold out. I got to Toys R' Us at about 11:30 and they had sold all 50.

Oh well, I guess I'm without a personal one until they send out a new shipment. :(

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2006, 01:03:14 pm »
I agree, it's the same exact thing as scalping tickets to some sporting event. If people are desperate enough to pay it then I guess they don't mind shelling out several extra hundred dollars for it.

It's also similar to buying stocks and selling them when they're worth more, but I agree this is much more annoying.  

Offline Mythix

• The Dude
  • x86
  • Victory
    • View Profile
    • Dark-Wire
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2006, 01:13:13 pm »

It's also similar to buying stocks and selling them when they're worth more, but I agree this is much more annoying. 

Comparable yes, but I'd consider this as a "I know i'm gonna make a bookoo load of cash". So it's like being married to the Dow Jones and rolling over in the morning going, hey baby, I'm gonna be rich.

- Ambrose Bierce

trust

« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2006, 01:51:26 pm »
Maybe not. Less than 13 hours left and no substantial bids. (Someone bid a max of $10...wtf is that?)

These better sell (or at least one for a good amount) because paying for a featured ad is expensive!

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2006, 02:10:39 pm »
I'm thinking about buying one off of you, Trust. I'll keep you informed. ;)
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2006, 02:12:57 pm »
Maybe not. Less than 13 hours left and no substantial bids. (Someone bid a max of $10...wtf is that?)

These better sell (or at least one for a good amount) because paying for a featured ad is expensive!

It's usually a waste of time to bid on things before there isn't much time left in the auction.  The prices will probably go way up toward the end, but I'm doubtful you'll be swimming in cash afterwards.

trust

« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2006, 02:30:17 pm »

It's usually a waste of time to bid on things before there isn't much time left in the auction.  The prices will probably go way up toward the end, but I'm doubtful you'll be swimming in cash afterwards.

I doubt it as well, but sitting in a chair for 4 hours isn't a bad tradeoff for even $100 dollar profit, imo. If I had been home I'd have been sitting in a chair on the computer playing Counter Strike or something so it's no big. :P

Offline Ergot

• 吴立峰 ^_^ !
  • x86
  • I steal bandwidth. p_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 19, 2006, 02:50:17 pm »
I have discussed this (with myself) and I think that it's not right to do this. You're depriving people who actually want the system and setting a ridiculous price. Then again, I think people are stupid to buy it for that much on eBay instead of just waiting.
Who gives a damn? I fuck sheep all the time.
And yes, male both ends.  There are a couple lesbians that need a two-ended dildo...My router just refuses to wear a strap-on.
(05:55:03) JoE ThE oDD: omfg good job i got a boner thinkin bout them chinese bitches
(17:54:15) Sidoh: I love cosmetology

trust

« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2006, 03:06:08 pm »
I have discussed this (with myself) and I think that it's not right to do this. You're depriving people who actually want the system and setting a ridiculous price. Then again, I think people are stupid to buy it for that much on eBay instead of just waiting.

I actually want the system. But I also want a 360, PS3, etc. Maybe I'll be able to get all 3 now?

Offline Mythix

• The Dude
  • x86
  • Victory
    • View Profile
    • Dark-Wire
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2006, 06:52:31 pm »
It's good to have a variety of systems to play, but that many high-end systems at once? Where's it end at.

- Ambrose Bierce

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2006, 06:56:01 pm »
It's good to have a variety of systems to play, but that many high-end systems at once? Where's it end at.

When you run out of systems to buy?

Looks like you're in the clear, Trust.  Not bad.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2006, 06:57:38 pm by Sidoh »

trust

« Reply #42 on: November 19, 2006, 07:12:44 pm »
No I'm not. As of now neither system will sell.

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 19, 2006, 09:00:38 pm »

My thoughts exactly.  Hell, he could have bought the last one from wherever and the person behind him may have actually wanted to get it to give to their child or go home and play - but hey, being greedy is what Americans are known for right?
[23:04:34] <deadly7[x86]> Newby[x86]
[23:04:35] <deadly7[x86]> YOU ARE AN EMO
[23:04:39] <Newby[x86]> shush it woman

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Quote from: Ergot
Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

trust

« Reply #44 on: November 19, 2006, 09:03:39 pm »
If they wanted it that bad they would have gotten there earlier.

I'm really considering taking down one of my auctions though so I can play. As it is now I won't make much profit. This afternoon they were averaging 600-1000, now they're 300-600. In order to break even I need to sell each system for roughly $400. Preferably, I'd like to fully break even ($800) and have money left over to buy my own Wii. (So I need to sell each one for $525.)