Author Topic: Wii  (Read 11405 times)

Offline Miamiandy

• SpAm In ThE cAn
    • View Profile
    • MyHouseGeek
Re: Wii
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2006, 09:56:47 pm »
IIRC Nintendo has a warranty on all their products.  I've never had a problem with a nintendo system, though.  Also, I know of no one that has ever had a problem with a Nintendo product unless they did it themselves (breaking off the disc cover on their Gamecube is hardly a product defect).

That was my logic. Nintendo prides themselves in incredibly low defect rates. Unlike the xBox which has a decent rate and the PS2 which was down right horrible, the Gamecube for instance had a rate that was incredibly low. I mean even back to the NES Nintendo promised rates lower than I think it was .01% on all software and hardware released by them. And third party cartridges since they still manufactured them all at that time.

I'm primarily excited to test out what kind of features and what kind of newer ideas the Wii will create when it comes to controller enhancements and combining the motion sensors with video game play. This is pretty cheap for a new generation console not to mention it does have a decent amount of games on launch. Excite truck, Zelda, Ultimate Alliance, Sports bundle. I honestly can't wait to test it out I think Nintendo will make a huge comeback to audiences everywhere with this system.
I couldn't agree more. Nintendo always tried the unique approach and it seems to work best for them. Pretend the gamecube isn't in the picture.
Want to meet someone famous?  Cut out this coupon!

|This coupon good for  \
|ONE FREE hunting        \
|expedition with            /
|Dick Cheney.             /

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2006, 09:58:44 pm »
How much Wii can I get for $4.88?  I need to call Home Depot on Saturday about my application (arg).

Offline Miamiandy

• SpAm In ThE cAn
    • View Profile
    • MyHouseGeek
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2006, 10:00:10 pm »
For $4.88, you can get the batteries that are included for the "Wiimote" and nunchuck.

|This coupon good for  \

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Offline Mythix

• The Dude
  • x86
  • Victory
    • View Profile
    • Dark-Wire
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2006, 10:06:27 pm »
Or you should buy some lipstick rabbit and earn your Wii a bit faster on the street corner.
Philosophy, n. A route of many roads leading from nowhere to nothing.

- Ambrose Bierce

Offline Miamiandy

• SpAm In ThE cAn
    • View Profile
    • MyHouseGeek
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2006, 10:13:09 pm »
That might work too. I think I'll be staying inside for the next few weeks though.

|This coupon good for  \

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2006, 10:21:05 pm »
I couldn't agree more. Nintendo always tried the unique approach and it seems to work best for them. Pretend the gamecube isn't in the picture.
The little discs are frikkin' awesome and unique!
errr... something like that...

trust

« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2006, 10:28:58 pm »
Nintendo has a very low rate of initial shipment defects. I doubt I'll get any warranty. Maybe mine will break though so I can return it for a black one. ;)

I still don't know if I want to drop almost $300 on Sunday, and turn around and spend another $180 for indoor lacrosse (my mom refuses to pay since I only went to like 4 summer lax games.)

It will probably depend on how large my paycheck is tomorrow.

My main concern is the graphics though, but I don't think they're going to be as bad as everyone thinks. I'm no gaming fanatic so it's not really a big deal to me...I'm fine with the graphics rendered with my ati radeon 9200+ on my computer, so...

As long as it gives me decent models in CoD, Zelda, and Madden I'm fine. My TV is nice too so hopefully that will help. I'm hoping with the online thing Nintendo can update stuff from that adding to it being a console that will last a while. This is something I want so that I can take the Wii with me to college.

The main seller for me is FREE online gameplay.

Edit: And the big question is should I just spend the extra $100 and get the 360?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 10:34:07 pm by OG Trust »

Offline Miamiandy

• SpAm In ThE cAn
    • View Profile
    • MyHouseGeek
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2006, 10:42:45 pm »
Its graphics are supposedly a tiny bit better than the original xbox.

|This coupon good for  \

¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

trust

« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2006, 02:32:26 am »
Wal-Mart had 25 in but the manager was nice enough to tell us so those in line wouldn't have to wait for nothing. (We were 26 and 27.) We had just gotten there though and it was about 5:30 so we left and drove to Toys R' Us. The guy told me they had a big surplus and will start selling them at 10AM and if we get there between 10AM and 1PM we should be able to get one.

Then we went to Super K-Mart; they had 10. We were 4th and 5th in line. They required a bundle of 2 games or 1 game and 1 accessory. Chris and I both got a game (Madden/Zelda) and an extra Wii Remote.

Camping out actully wasn't that bad, but it was only 4 hours. (6-10, then they let us go home until 12) We just listened to my iPod and watched part of a movie on my dvd player, I did homework and stuff too.

Both of them are on eBay, and I'm going to get a 3rd from Toys R' Us in the morning.

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2006, 08:56:53 am »
You put the Wii on eBay?  I don't you'll have as much luck as the people selling the PS3s.
[23:04:34] <deadly7[x86]> Newby[x86]
[23:04:35] <deadly7[x86]> YOU ARE AN EMO
[23:04:39] <Newby[x86]> shush it woman

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Quote from: Ergot
Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

trust

« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2006, 09:36:10 am »
You put the Wii on eBay?  I don't you'll have as much luck as the people selling the PS3s.

As long as I double.

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2006, 09:41:25 am »
*sigh*

I'm not going to go into how I feel about people doing that on eBay.

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

trust

« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2006, 09:47:37 am »
Supply and demand, man.

Nintendo sent out alot of units, but there was also a demand. The store I was at only had 10. Some on eBay are selling for like $750 and all it comes with is a game. I'm including the Wii, a game (either Zelda or Madden) and the Wii controller.

I want to play it pretty badly though, so I'm thinking about going up to Toys R' Us on Military Hwy and getting another one. They told me they'd have alot when doors opened at 10.

Bundle w/ Zelda and Wii Remote

Bundle  w/ Madden and Wii Remote

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2006, 09:55:15 am »
Supply and demand, man.

Nintendo sent out alot of units, but there was also a demand. The store I was at only had 10. Some on eBay are selling for like $750 and all it comes with is a game. I'm including the Wii, a game (either Zelda or Madden) and the Wii controller.

I want to play it pretty badly though, so I'm thinking about going up to Toys R' Us on Military Hwy and getting another one. They told me they'd have alot when doors opened at 10.

Bundle w/ Zelda and Wii Remote

Bundle  w/ Madden and Wii Remote

I know why the prices are up there, I just think it's wrong.

trust

« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2006, 10:40:32 am »
The guy who referenced in my last post ended up selling it for $1,000.

I doubt I'll get that much, but I would like to. For that reason I invested in making my auctions featured.

Total spent on Wii stuff: ~$712
Total spent on auction: ~80