Author Topic: Black Friday  (Read 7077 times)

trust

Re: Black Friday
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2006, 09:12:03 am »
Haha we got there at midnight and around 1:15 decided to go back to my house until they handed the vouchers out at 3. Well we fell asleep, and slept through my cell phones alarm from 3:15-5:55. All of the 175 TVs were gone, so he had to buy the full price one for $30 more to avoid his grandma yelling at him. :P Oh and I got Cat in the Hat for my sister for $1.97 at Wal-Mart. :)
I also bought the wet/dry vac for my dad from Home Depot.

And a 360 from Gamestop. Me not getting up on time cost be $92 basically. Circuit City had a special where you get the xbox and Gears of War for $399. Well, either gears of war or the console itself was sold out at all 3 I went to. So I went to GS which had the 2nd best Black Friday offer: 1 year warranty and CoD2. After taxes and adding on GoW it was $492. #@$#@

This comes after me spending all that money on my Wii/games and stuff. I have like $36 in my account, $10 in my wallet, and I owe my mom $23 because I didnt have enough for the 360 so I used my credit card. I also owe my parents $142 for their contribution to my two Wiis. So even after I transfer all of my Paypal funds  I'll still have next to nothing, and payday is a week away.  I'm going to tap into my other account (which I never touch) for Christmas shopping money. :\
« Last Edit: November 24, 2006, 09:17:31 am by OG Trust »

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2006, 07:33:59 pm »
Haha we got there at midnight and around 1:15 decided to go back to my house until they handed the vouchers out at 3. Well we fell asleep, and slept through my cell phones alarm from 3:15-5:55. All of the 175 TVs were gone, so he had to buy the full price one for $30 more to avoid his grandma yelling at him. :P Oh and I got Cat in the Hat for my sister for $1.97 at Wal-Mart. :)
I also bought the wet/dry vac for my dad from Home Depot.

And a 360 from Gamestop. Me not getting up on time cost be $92 basically. Circuit City had a special where you get the xbox and Gears of War for $399. Well, either gears of war or the console itself was sold out at all 3 I went to. So I went to GS which had the 2nd best Black Friday offer: 1 year warranty and CoD2. After taxes and adding on GoW it was $492. #@$#@

This comes after me spending all that money on my Wii/games and stuff. I have like $36 in my account, $10 in my wallet, and I owe my mom $23 because I didnt have enough for the 360 so I used my credit card. I also owe my parents $142 for their contribution to my two Wiis. So even after I transfer all of my Paypal funds  I'll still have next to nothing, and payday is a week away.  I'm going to tap into my other account (which I never touch) for Christmas shopping money. :\
Ouch... I'm so glad I didn't have to go shopping today.
errr... something like that...

Offline Mythix

• The Dude
  • x86
  • Victory
    • View Profile
    • Dark-Wire
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2006, 11:12:54 pm »
Me and one other co worker today got hit in the face by angry old ladies wanting video games for their grandchildren. We had some nice words to spare, it was fantastical.
Philosophy, n. A route of many roads leading from nowhere to nothing.

- Ambrose Bierce

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2006, 06:43:36 am »
Old ladies and video games ??? ??? ???

trust

« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2006, 08:30:49 am »
Me and one other co worker today got hit in the face by angry old ladies wanting video games for their grandchildren. We had some nice words to spare, it was fantastical.

We need quotes!

Offline Mythix

• The Dude
  • x86
  • Victory
    • View Profile
    • Dark-Wire
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2006, 02:02:29 am »
"@#$%ING @#$#@$ IF I HAD A PAIR OF @#$% ON ME I WOULD HAVE SWUNG BACK AT YOU, YOU @#4$ING %@#$%" that was me, forgot what my buddy said it was something similar to that though.
Philosophy, n. A route of many roads leading from nowhere to nothing.

- Ambrose Bierce