Author Topic: Police slaughter 91-year-old woman  (Read 6428 times)

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
Police slaughter 91-year-old woman
« on: November 22, 2006, 09:45:46 am »
http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/11/22/woman.shot.ap/index.html

In a bloody shoot out, the police shot and killed poor old 91-year old grandmother.  The police burst into her house in a case of mistaken identity, and gunned down the lady.  This is one of the most horrific cases of police brutality ever seen, considering her age. 

Of course, the lady shot first, injuring both cops.... don't you love slant?

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
Re: Police slaughter 91-year-old woman
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2006, 10:51:01 am »
As the plainclothes Atlanta police officers approached the house about 7 p.m., a woman inside started shooting, striking each of them, said Officer Joe Cobb, a police spokesman.
She shot before they were even there...?
Interesting twist.

Old people can commit crimes too.  So, if she shot first...uhm, both of their bads.
The cops, I spose, went in thinking it was who they were looking for (seeing as how they'd be shot already & all) so they shot her because she knew she was a deadly threat to them.

Honestly, maybe her bad more so than the cops'.

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2006, 10:52:55 am »
Yeah, you don't shoot old people because they're not dangerous, but when that condition falls through, so does the rule.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2006, 11:46:06 am »
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/10374909/detail.html

Old crazy ass woman shot 3 cops with a shotgun...hmm, wow.  Slaughter is the wrong word, "served justice" or "self defense" sounds a little better.

Offline Ender

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2006, 03:45:49 pm »
Yes, I agree with craz3d, "slaughter" is completely incorrect. If you shoot at the police you're going to get shot back; the woman was a moron.

What's also interesting is a quote from the CNN article:
Of the police brutality cases we've had, this is the most egregious because of the woman's age. (Rev. Markel Hutchins)

Isn't it the younger the person the more tragic...?

Whether or not this is true, the reverend is also a moron. It's not police brutality; it's justice, order, cause and effect -- whatever you want to call it -- but the consequence was deserved and necessary.

Offline Nate

• You all suck
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2006, 07:08:52 pm »
92 year old woman who owns a shotgun...Yea, I am sure she was the sweet granny type.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2006, 07:52:49 pm »
Just to save myself, in case anybody didn't notice, I was putting a stupid slant on the article. :P

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2006, 10:28:10 pm »
That's why CNN fucking sucks more than every other news outlet.  They all use words like that to make people think some horrible injustice has occurred and that the people should rise up and rebel, or something.  But then, I guess that's what journalism really is.  Nobody would pay attention to news if it was "A 91 year old woman, after shooting cops, was gunned down in her home."  I mean, that's almost like.. telling the truth!  Journalism isn't about the truth!
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you
 [17:42:25.585] <Ergot> FORBIDDEN

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed
<Hitmen> he has no arms?!

on AIM with a drunk mythix:
(00:50:05) Mythix: Deadly
(00:50:11) Mythix: I'm going to fuck that red dot out of your head.
(00:50:15) Mythix: with my nine

Offline Super_X

• I suck.
  • I suck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2006, 04:44:03 am »
That's why CNN fucking sucks more than every other news outlet.  They all use words like that to make people think some horrible injustice has occurred and that the people should rise up and rebel, or something.  But then, I guess that's what journalism really is.  Nobody would pay attention to news if it was "A 91 year old woman, after shooting cops, was gunned down in her home."  I mean, that's almost like.. telling the truth!  Journalism isn't about the truth!
Ya see, Deadly.. If you cause a riot, you have something to cover the next day on the news.And what fun is plain ol' black and white journalism, Mix it up, add some yellow journalism.

Offline Mythix

• The Dude
  • x86
  • Victory
    • View Profile
    • Dark-Wire
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2006, 11:25:05 am »
How you doing grandma?

Oh fine, except I got arthritis in my trigger finger. That beat down the police gave me didn't slow me down a bit!
Philosophy, n. A route of many roads leading from nowhere to nothing.

- Ambrose Bierce

Offline disco

• Comfortably Numb
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2006, 12:43:36 pm »
Sounds like a Robot Chicken sketch...

trust

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2006, 02:46:19 pm »
Just to save myself, in case anybody didn't notice, I was putting a stupid slant on the article. :P

Was posting the wrong age part of the slant too? iago shouldn't be allowed to post news anymore. ;)

Anyway, people are making a mountain out a mole hill. They announced themselves, she shot them anyway. It's her fault. If somebody was shooting me, I don't care who they are - I'm going to shoot to kill. Plus look at her, regardless of her age she's living in the ghetto where drugs are rabid anyway. It was probably her son or daughters boyfriend who they were after and she was just 'protecting' against da white man 5-0.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2006, 03:05:12 pm »
Was posting the wrong age part of the slant too? iago shouldn't be allowed to post news anymore. ;)
Yeah, I was off by a year.  Go away.  :P

Anyway, people are making a mountain out a mole hill. They announced themselves, she shot them anyway. It's her fault. If somebody was shooting me, I don't care who they are - I'm going to shoot to kill.
I agree.

Plus look at her, regardless of her age she's living in the ghetto where drugs are rabid anyway. It was probably her son or daughters boyfriend who they were after and she was just 'protecting' against da white man 5-0.
I disagree -- living in the ghetto doesn't mean it's ok for the police to shoot you. 

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2006, 03:58:27 pm »

I like how you come out and make comments like this when you obviously haven't even read the article.

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2006, 07:19:30 pm »
I like how you come out and make comments like this when you obviously haven't even read the article.
Oh, yes, because you know me SOO WELL and you're SOOO smart that you can even figure out what I was talking about.  Also, for your information, I did read the article - just not the one on CNN.  So go bite it.
[17:42:21.609] <Ergot> Kutsuju you're girlfrieds pussy must be a 403 error for you

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2006, 07:21:48 pm »
"Alone in her home, she was waiting with her gun on Tuesday night when a group of plainclothes officers with a warrant knocked down her door in a search for drugs, police said."

It isn't like they barged in an shot her. She shot first.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline Killer360

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2006, 10:19:32 pm »
Sadly, it was her fault...

Police do have the rights to knock on someones door.

Although she had no idea who it was at her door, she shouldn't have opened fire. It wouldn't be considered as self defense..

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2006, 11:52:30 pm »
Oh, yes, because you know me SOO WELL and you're SOOO smart that you can even figure out what I was talking about.  Also, for your information, I did read the article - just not the one on CNN.  So go bite it.

Lol.  Seeing as though you were using this as an example of why CNN is the worst news source, "that's why CNN fucking sucks.." I think it's obvious I was referring to the CNN article, and that's really all that matters; they didn't put a very dramatic spin on this story at all, so your post was completely irrelevant and stupid.  Also, I'd assume if you'd read about this in any mainstream news source, you wouldn't have repeated iago's mistake on her age.   But maybe you're just that dense, who knows?

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2006, 12:23:32 am »
Slashdot ftw.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline deadly7

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2006, 01:41:50 pm »
Lol.  Seeing as though you were using this as an example of why CNN is the worst news source, "that's why CNN fucking sucks.." I think it's obvious I was referring to the CNN article, and that's really all that matters; they didn't put a very dramatic spin on this story at all, so your post was completely irrelevant and stupid.  Also, I'd assume if you'd read about this in any mainstream news source, you wouldn't have repeated iago's mistake on her age.   But maybe you're just that dense, who knows?
So you're just assuming, out of the blue, that I'm talking, in specific, about that article.  Good job, dolt.  Also, I don't care enough to remember every little insignificant detail about some stupid shit like this.  I also refrain from reading "mainstream" news outlets for the same reason - they're all full of loaded words like "slaughter" and what have you.

on IRC playing T&T++
<iago> He is unarmed

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2006, 08:58:29 pm »
So you're just assuming, out of the blue, that I'm talking, in specific, about that article.  Good job, dolt.  Also, I don't care enough to remember every little insignificant detail about some stupid shit like this.  I also refrain from reading "mainstream" news outlets for the same reason - they're all full of loaded words like "slaughter" and what have you.

You were using it as a specific example against CNN, so you'd be stupid not to read the article.  I guess I was assuming that you at least wouldn't want to look like an idiot, but I suppose I was wrong there too.