Author Topic: Michael Richards hecklers want "to be compensated for what happened"  (Read 6080 times)

Offline Super_X

• I suck.
  • I suck!
    • View Profile
Re: Michael Richards hecklers want "to be compensated for what happened"
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2006, 11:29:15 pm »
So I'm watching Jamie Foxx's stand-up right now, pretty racist sounding ;)

-White peoples, they get anorexia.  They say "I'm too fat" and stop eating.  Black people get anorexia accidentally.  "Daddy, do we have anorexia?"  "Naw, daddy lost his job"

White people sky dive and bungee jump, black people aint do that cause its too much like lynching

hmmmmmmmm, double standard? ;)

Don't double post.

Any way, every one knows that black people can call other black people "niggers" all they want. Same way that fat people can make fat jokes, and that every one can make fun of joe. It all depends on the variables, which is redundant, too bad.

Offline d&q

• I'm here.
    • View Profile
    • Site
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2006, 11:33:32 pm »
Any way, every one knows that black people can call other black people "niggers" all they want. Same way that fat people can make fat jokes, and that every one can make fun of joe. It all depends on the variables, which is redundant, too bad.

Did you not read a single post in this topic? It is definitely not innately right for black people to call each other niggers, same with other races..and @CrAz3D, you have to understand the not-so-fine line between a joke and an insult. Although I despise that form of comedy, he is not meaning to offend anyone. Same thing with Dave Chappelle and Carlos Mencia(even though he sucks).
The writ of the founders must endure.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2006, 11:51:28 pm »
Maybe Michael Richards was just being a misunderstood comic genius ::)

Some people still laughed, I think it was just a bad taste in humor, more so than Foxx's (cause I thought parts of his rant were funny).
You hear comedians yell at hecklers all the time cracking personal jokes about them...the only reason this one turned out bad because he cracked racist jokes

Offline d&q

• I'm here.
    • View Profile
    • Site
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2006, 11:59:11 pm »
Most jokes based on degrading specific demographics(race, sex, age, income) can be extremely offensive if said incorrectly. And I highly doubt Michael Richards was joking.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2006, 12:21:57 am »
Most jokes based on degrading specific demographics(race, sex, age, income) can be extremely offensive if said incorrectly. And I highly doubt Michael Richards was joking.
I think he was joking, I just think he took it to the edge and especially had the wrong tone in his voice.

Some of the stuff he said was amusing to me and my friends (which include a black dude).  Eventually we all did agree that he presentation of it all was bad.

Offline d&q

• I'm here.
    • View Profile
    • Site
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2006, 12:27:28 am »
I never said it wasn't amusing; I found it pretty funny. However, it was still highly inappropriate and very offensive. And I still stand by belief that he wasn't joking.

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2006, 04:08:42 am »
Michael Richards obviously crossed the line; he lost his mind on stage.  And no, obviously the hecklers shouldn't be compensated.  And please, enough of this bullshit about how black people get away with so much more, because it's not particularly true, and it's totally besides the point.  It doesn't change that Michael Richards acted inappropriately.  And also, use some common sense when interpreting the racial jokes in general; don't be dumb, or play dumb, or whatever it is you're (crazed) doing. :)