Author Topic: May play for about a month in Dec  (Read 7704 times)

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
May play for about a month in Dec
« on: December 02, 2006, 04:52:16 pm »
Hey guys,I'm probably going to be starting a new character next month and will be playing it during Christmas Break.  I'm not sure how much I'll be playing yet, but if anyone is up for making a new character and leveling with me (and possibly a couple of my RL friends), let me know.  I'm not entirely sure which class/race yet, but I'm leaning toward a Night Elf Druid.

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
Re: May play for about a month in Dec
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2006, 11:52:13 am »
Server?
[23:04:34] <deadly7[x86]> Newby[x86]
[23:04:35] <deadly7[x86]> YOU ARE AN EMO
[23:04:39] <Newby[x86]> shush it woman

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Quote from: Ergot
Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2006, 01:39:01 pm »
I'm not sure yet.  It depends on what my RL friend is going to do.

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2006, 02:06:35 pm »
I'm not sure yet.  It depends on what my RL friend is going to do.
Gogogo destromath ;)

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2006, 02:09:12 pm »
Nothing you say will do anything to convince me otherwise if my friend decides to play on a determined server.

Offline ZeroX

• Pirating Your software since 1998
    • View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2006, 12:11:31 pm »
The ways of a NE druid are many. GO restro because even if you spec balance/feral you still will be healing.
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

mutsumibear: David's coming over Sunday so we can have mad sex all day.
zxdropoff: lucky you
mutsumibear: :D I know.
mutsumibear: I just pray I don't start my period before then.
zxdropoff: omfg
zxdropoff: stfu
zxdropoff: now please
mutsumibear: HAHA
mutsumibear: I love disturbing you.

Offline Kaleeko

• Female Nerdz0r
  • Just let him in the fridge already!
    • View Profile
    • Kaleeko's DeviantART
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2006, 05:13:08 am »
The ways of a NE druid are many. GO restro because even if you spec balance/feral you still will be healing.

That's not necessarily true. My druid (almost 45) is completely feral and I practically refuse to heal in instances. Not in that I won't heal when it's needed, but I won't go with the intention of being the main healer. I do carry around a large amount of healing gear in my bags just in case, but I almost never actually have to use it.

Granted, at 60, a feral druid is a rare sight to see (at least, on my server). Though, I have no intention of ever respeccing to oomkin or resto, because the main reason for being healing specced is instances/raids, and I don't intend to raid much with my druid. If at all.

Leveling a resto druid is a pain in the arse, though. DON'T DO IT. NEVAR.

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2006, 10:48:51 am »

That's not necessarily true. My druid (almost 45) is completely feral and I practically refuse to heal in instances. Not in that I won't heal when it's needed, but I won't go with the intention of being the main healer. I do carry around a large amount of healing gear in my bags just in case, but I almost never actually have to use it.

Granted, at 60, a feral druid is a rare sight to see (at least, on my server). Though, I have no intention of ever respeccing to oomkin or resto, because the main reason for being healing specced is instances/raids, and I don't intend to raid much with my druid. If at all.

Just FYI his main is a 60 Druid :P

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2006, 12:41:20 pm »

I won't be getting to level 60 and I'm not particularly worried about my spec at the moment.

Offline ZeroX

• Pirating Your software since 1998
    • View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2006, 04:38:37 pm »

During AV I have to heal the MT on drak or other Bosses. When I tell them my healing is crap iam feral most people just /lol and tell me to respec. So your spec restro no matter what your doing.
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

mutsumibear: David's coming over Sunday so we can have mad sex all day.
zxdropoff: lucky you
mutsumibear: :D I know.
mutsumibear: I just pray I don't start my period before then.
zxdropoff: omfg
zxdropoff: stfu
zxdropoff: now please
mutsumibear: HAHA
mutsumibear: I love disturbing you.

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2006, 05:58:47 pm »

During AV I have to heal the MT on drak or other Bosses. When I tell them my healing is crap iam feral most people just /lol and tell me to respec. So your spec restro no matter what your doing.

Off topic, but where the hell have you been Zero?  I haven't seen you on WoW at all lately.

Offline Kaleeko

• Female Nerdz0r
  • Just let him in the fridge already!
    • View Profile
    • Kaleeko's DeviantART
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2006, 06:02:55 pm »

I know. :P I was just stating that while druids are expected to heal, pretty much all the time, there are ways to get around it, even if it's being a dickface and getting yourself kicked from the group for refusing to heal. (Which isn't a good idea, I'm just saying it's possible.)

Though, I say speccing resto is a bad idea because I have a couple of guildmates that made that choice and severely regretted it; not from first hand experience. Sometimes I wish I had some points in resto, but I'm not asked to heal a lot in instances anymore, so it doesn't matter to me.

It's really a basis of playstyle. I'm not an expert on druids, and even when I hit 60 I doubt I will be, but speccing resto doesn't seem like a good idea unless you plan on doing a lot of instances all the time. (Which, I do, and actually am asked to tank more often than heal.)

Offline Screenor

• My own little world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2006, 07:31:49 pm »
My guild before I got banned and it died had lots of feral druids, they healed fine. There's very few talents in resto that actually make a huge difference healing wise... So it's not a big deal.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2006, 01:18:49 pm »
NE Druid on Maelstrom.

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2006, 02:08:02 pm »