Author Topic: About dark-wire.net  (Read 4023 times)

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
About dark-wire.net
« on: November 20, 2006, 02:36:07 am »
Sorry about the downtime, but it seems we're having some problems.  I've been told Mythix has been trying to sort it out.  It would appear that our subscription has expired.  The billing with darkwire has always been a little strange.  Mythix knows much more about the company that hosts us than I do, so I'm going to leave it to him.

Since I know a few of you use the uploader for various things, I thought you ought to know.  Sorry for any inconvenience.

Offline Mythix

• The Dude
  • x86
  • Victory
    • View Profile
    • Dark-Wire
Re: About dark-wire.net
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006, 08:36:07 am »
Status Update: Waiting for funds to transfer, account has been placed on "hold" until funds are received. Dark-wire.net should be back up in the next couple of days. Thanks for your patience.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2006, 08:38:20 am by Mythix »
Philosophy, n. A route of many roads leading from nowhere to nothing.

- Ambrose Bierce

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 08:43:29 am »
Funny, I was about to ask you over AIM why it was down :p Not that I use it for anything.
[23:04:34] <deadly7[x86]> Newby[x86]
[23:04:35] <deadly7[x86]> YOU ARE AN EMO
[23:04:39] <Newby[x86]> shush it woman

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Quote from: Ergot
Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

Offline Krazed

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2006, 08:49:15 am »
=( I was about to show some kids from school stuff from dw.net, plus the size restriction sucks, I wanna upload some fraps vids :p
It is good to be good, but it is better to be lucky.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2006, 01:16:33 pm »
=( I was about to show some kids from school stuff from dw.net, plus the size restriction sucks, I wanna upload some fraps vids :p

Bandwidth isn't unlimited.  Unless we start getting donations from the twenty people we host, it's not going to happen.

Offline Mythix

• The Dude
  • x86
  • Victory
    • View Profile
    • Dark-Wire
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2006, 01:24:09 pm »
Yes, Sidoh has done a great job keeping it in check while I've been gone. He's right, we don't have an unlimited stock of bandwidth to give away, you're having your stuff hosted as a service not as an obligation. Now if we were to get donations we could talk but until then, don't make me cut you!
Philosophy, n. A route of many roads leading from nowhere to nothing.

- Ambrose Bierce

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2006, 11:33:52 pm »
I reported it down first!  :O
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2006, 12:12:22 am »

Yet I doubt you were the first to notice it was down. ;)

It doesn't really matter, though...

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2006, 01:11:38 am »

Yet I doubt you were the first to notice it was down. ;)

It doesn't really matter, though...

... but... but... I'm not cool unless I'm first!   :)
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2006, 03:45:43 am »
Update

Unfortunately, we've lost everything on our account.  Sorry for anyone this has affected, but it was just something that happened.  The hosting company was unable to contact us the day after the payment was due and somehow believed that means that we wanted the account deleted.

In any case, we'll be setting up accounts again.  However, we are going to ask people who use it for any sort of major cause (forums that get a medium amount of traffic, etc) to help us earn some money by clicking on Google Ad links.  I'm going to be adding them to my uploader and I've be very grateful if you'd take the five seconds to click on a link.

We are not asking that the people we host pay; that's not what we want dark-wire to be.  However, we will happily be accepting donations for anyone who is feeling generous.

If you need a FTP account set up, please contact either Mythix or I over AIM, MSN or e-mail ( for me) and we'll get to it as soon as we can.

We're really sorry for any problems this has caused.  God knows we're both upset about it too!

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2006, 11:05:08 am »
Update

Unfortunately, we've lost everything on our account.  Sorry for anyone this has affected, but it was just something that happened.  The hosting company was unable to contact us the day after the payment was due and somehow believed that means that we wanted the account deleted.

In any case, we'll be setting up accounts again.  However, we are going to ask people who use it for any sort of major cause (forums that get a medium amount of traffic, etc) to help us earn some money by clicking on Google Ad links.  I'm going to be adding them to my uploader and I've be very grateful if you'd take the five seconds to click on a link.

We are not asking that the people we host pay; that's not what we want dark-wire to be.  However, we will happily be accepting donations for anyone who is feeling generous.

If you need a FTP account set up, please contact either Mythix or I over AIM, MSN or e-mail ( for me) and we'll get to it as soon as we can.

We're really sorry for any problems this has caused.  God knows we're both upset about it too!

And with that said, every dollar counts.  I had a conversation with Mythix about the whole situation and he said if everyone that Darkwire hosts donated even $1 that the hosting would be close to paying for itself.  Personally, I don't have an FTP through them but I will be clicking on the google ads when I remember to help give them a hand.  :-*

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2006, 11:29:10 am »
God, ruin my life. :(

I'll try and click the google ads too!  I only use it every-now-and-again for hosting pictures. ^^
The once grove of splendor,
Aforetime crowned by lilac and lily,
Lay now forevermore slender;
And all winds that liven
Silhouette a lone existence;
A leafless oak grasping at eternity.

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Offline ZeroX

• Pirating Your software since 1998
    • View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2006, 12:23:54 pm »
If I had a pay-pal account I would probally donate someward from 5-10 dollars due to the nice copyright that it gave us on our guild name over the summer. DAMN I MISS THE GUILD  :-[
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

mutsumibear: David's coming over Sunday so we can have mad sex all day.
zxdropoff: lucky you
mutsumibear: :D I know.
mutsumibear: I just pray I don't start my period before then.
zxdropoff: omfg
zxdropoff: stfu
zxdropoff: now please
mutsumibear: HAHA
mutsumibear: I love disturbing you.

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2006, 01:15:28 pm »
If I had a pay-pal account I would probally donate someward from 5-10 dollars due to the nice copyright that it gave us on our guild name over the summer. DAMN I MISS THE GUILD  :-[

Pft, Krazed Jr.  Leave the guild and transfer  ::)

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2006, 12:07:38 pm »
Up and running!  If you need/want an account set up, contact Mythix or I.