Author Topic: Recommendation for a GOOD PSU..  (Read 8462 times)

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
Re: Recommendation for a GOOD PSU..
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2006, 07:37:01 pm »
I'm lucky... and so are all the other people with some random stock PSU, right...
Sure, they probably do fine more times than not, but you don't want to take the chance of damaging hundreds of dollars of equipment, just to save $40.
Hitmen: art is gay

Offline Ergot

• 吴立峰 ^_^ !
  • x86
  • I steal bandwidth. p_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2006, 10:51:47 pm »
I'm lucky... and so are all the other people with some random stock PSU, right...
Sure, they probably do fine more times than not, but you don't want to take the chance of damaging hundreds of dollars of equipment, just to save $40.
If you've boughten a cheap PSU, and it hasn't gone out on you, you're lucky.
Who gives a damn? I fuck sheep all the time.
And yes, male both ends.  There are a couple lesbians that need a two-ended dildo...My router just refuses to wear a strap-on.
(05:55:03) JoE ThE oDD: omfg good job i got a boner thinkin bout them chinese bitches
(17:54:15) Sidoh: I love cosmetology

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2006, 12:17:20 am »
Now, combine both of those, just like they were originally right next to each other.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2006, 12:18:44 am »
Now, combine both of those, just like they were originally right next to each other.

So you can look like you're contradictiong yourself again? ;)

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2006, 01:46:20 am »
Even if the chance of failure is smaller than the chance of success, the amount of risk involved would consider the outcome lucky.

Think of a game of Russian Roulette with 6 people. You only played one round, and you don't die. Even though there's only a 1/6 chance you could have died, if you look back upon the event, you'd still consider yourself lucky for coming out alive.

Offline Ergot

• 吴立峰 ^_^ !
  • x86
  • I steal bandwidth. p_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2006, 01:55:09 am »
Even if the chance of failure is smaller than the chance of success, the amount of risk involved would consider the outcome lucky.

Think of a game of Russian Roulette with 6 people. You only played one round, and you don't die. Even though there's only a 1/6 chance you could have died, if you look back upon the event, you'd still consider yourself lucky for coming out alive.
Nope. You would consider yourself lucky if you were the person that died.
Who gives a damn? I fuck sheep all the time.
And yes, male both ends.  There are a couple lesbians that need a two-ended dildo...My router just refuses to wear a strap-on.
(05:55:03) JoE ThE oDD: omfg good job i got a boner thinkin bout them chinese bitches
(17:54:15) Sidoh: I love cosmetology

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2006, 11:21:19 am »

Evidently, the chances of failure are massively smaller than the chance of success.  2.5 years of using a lot of equipment on the same PSU that came with my case without a single problem suggests that.  So do the rest of my computers (other than my dad's, but like I said, his was fried in a surge).

I see what you're saying, but I think you're scrounging for a defense that makes little sense so you don't look like a complete ass.

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2006, 05:20:40 pm »

Evidently, the chances of failure are massively smaller than the chance of success.  2.5 years of using a lot of equipment on the same PSU that came with my case without a single problem suggests that.  So do the rest of my computers (other than my dad's, but like I said, his was fried in a surge).

I see what you're saying, but I think you're scrounging for a defense that makes little sense so you don't look like a complete ass.
No, it's what I meant when I first said it. That's why I put them right next to each other. If you don't think it makes much sense, then ignore and stop picking out every little thing in my arguments that really don't effect the main idea. I'm not the best with words, but I know both you and Ergot perfectly understood what I was getting across.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2006, 05:57:28 pm »
No, it's what I meant when I first said it. That's why I put them right next to each other. If you don't think it makes much sense, then ignore and stop picking out every little thing in my arguments that really don't effect the main idea. I'm not the best with words, but I know both you and Ergot perfectly understood what I was getting across.

Yes.  I'm pretty sure that I know what you were saying in both cases, but I believe that they directly contradict each other.  I think both of those things that you said were supposed to be profound pieces of your argument, so I don't think we (err... Ergot) was being pedantic.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2006, 12:30:18 pm »
So uh, it's back to not working and doing the same thing again.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
Re: Recommendation for a GOOD HEATSINK..
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2006, 04:57:06 pm »
So it's not the power supply. I'm just a retard.

It's the heatsink on my video card.

Time to buy a new one! :D

Any recommendations? I have an ATi Radeon X800 XT PE.
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT.