Author Topic: Marijuana  (Read 13940 times)

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
Marijuana
« on: December 13, 2006, 05:23:24 pm »
http://www.mpp.org/site/c.glKZLeMQIsG/b.2284665/k.DC9E/2006_Teen_Marijuana_Use_Study.htm

I'm not sure how accurate those results are, but it's pretty interesting.
Hitmen: art is gay

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
Re: Marijuana
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 05:27:50 pm »
Those are the most idiotic "statistics" I've seen.

4000%?
How do you know how many people were using it then?  What about taking into account the population increase?

Use rate in Britain dropped?
How do they know kids use it if they don't arrest them?

Also, you can't straight compare other countries to the US.  Maybe cocaine is easier to get here?  Maybe there is more of a "reason" to use it here (like lower living standards, etc)

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2006, 05:30:35 pm »

4000%?
How do you know how many people were using it then?  What about taking into account the population increase?

Also, you can't straight compare other countries to the US.  Maybe cocaine is easier to get here?  Maybe there is more of a "reason" to use it here (like lower living standards, etc)
Confidential surveys. They give them out every couple years at my school. But, like I said, I'm not sure exactly how accurate it is. And since you've only given assumptions, you're not sure either.

Offline GameSnake

• News hound
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2006, 06:18:05 pm »
WOW Crazed that post was totally batshit. All your "questions" that lead to your conclusion are easily answerd and you should think before posting something so silly..

.............................. Wow.
It's called surveys?!
« Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 06:23:39 pm by GameSnake »

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2006, 06:23:06 pm »

4000%?

Have you read the "full report", or are you just drawing conclusions based on the highpoints?

trust

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2006, 06:24:41 pm »
The statistics make perfect sense in my opinion. Remember Marijuana was made illegal in the early 1900's and since then methods of production, distribution, etc. have obviouly been modernized and expedited. Plus, it's not more than ever accepted by society (still not very much, but through pop culture it isn't AS bad.) It's easier to get than ever so a gain of 4000% in the last 100 or so years isn't too far fetched.

Plus, when something is legalized it loses that "cool" effect.

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2006, 07:04:08 pm »
The statistics make perfect sense in my opinion. Remember Marijuana was made illegal in the early 1900's and since then methods of production, distribution, etc. have obviouly been modernized and expedited. Plus, it's not more than ever accepted by society (still not very much, but through pop culture it isn't AS bad.) It's easier to get than ever so a gain of 4000% in the last 100 or so years isn't too far fetched.

Plus, when something is legalized it loses that "cool" effect.
I agree.
Legalizing marijuana is the right way to go and this study reinforced what I already believed :)

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2006, 07:20:32 pm »
full report, silly me...I overlooked that

Offline ZeroX

• Pirating Your software since 1998
    • View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2006, 08:54:16 pm »
Iam still saying that the only reason Marijunana is outlawed for the soul propuse that the government cant tax it because people can grow it in their backyards. Before you go on the rant of people growing Tobacco too, The 4,000 chemicals that go into cigrattes are not as easy to obtain.
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

mutsumibear: David's coming over Sunday so we can have mad sex all day.
zxdropoff: lucky you
mutsumibear: :D I know.
mutsumibear: I just pray I don't start my period before then.
zxdropoff: omfg
zxdropoff: stfu
zxdropoff: now please
mutsumibear: HAHA
mutsumibear: I love disturbing you.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2006, 08:58:05 pm »
Before you go on the rant of people growing Tobacco too, The 4,000 chemicals that go into cigrattes are not as easy to obtain.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the chemicals basically just natural stuff?  I might be wrong, but I don't think that companies add a whole lot to tobacco.

Offline ZeroX

• View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2006, 09:05:39 pm »
Before you go on the rant of people growing Tobacco too, The 4,000 chemicals that go into cigrattes are not as easy to obtain.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't the chemicals basically just natural stuff?  I might be wrong, but I don't think that companies add a whole lot to tobacco.

I dont think that any of these are natural.

http://www.quit-smoking-stop.com/harmful-chemicals-in-cigarettes.html
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

trust

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2006, 09:15:57 pm »
Iam still saying that the only reason Marijunana is outlawed for the soul propuse that the government cant tax it because people can grow it in their backyards. Before you go on the rant of people growing Tobacco too, The 4,000 chemicals that go into cigrattes are not as easy to obtain.

People can go tobacco in their backyards too, and people can brew moonshine. Alcohol and tobacco are legal.

Obviously an alternative would be to outlaw the public growing of Marijuana, and make the only legal way to own it  be by getting it through a regular company with government permission to produce it.

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2006, 09:28:43 pm »
Iam still saying that the only reason Marijunana is outlawed for the soul propuse that the government cant tax it because people can grow it in their backyards.
Wait, why exactly can't the government tax Marijuana?

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2006, 09:47:56 pm »

I dont think that any of these are natural.

http://www.quit-smoking-stop.com/harmful-chemicals-in-cigarettes.html
Then where do they come from?  Do you think somebody sits there adding poison to cigarettes for fun? 

Here's some information on the manufacture of cigarettes:
Modern cigarettes produced after the 1950s, due to technological innovations, are composed mainly of several tobacco leaf-types and their processing by-products. Each cigarette's tobacco blend is made mainly from the leaves of flue-cured brightleaf, burley tobacco, and oriental tobacco. These leaves are selected, processed, and aged prior to blending and filling. The processing of brightleaf and burley tobaccos for tobacco leaf "strips" produces several by-products such as leaf stems, tobacco dust, and tobacco leaf pieces ("small laminate"). To improve the economics of producing cigarettes, these by-products are processed on the side into forms where they can then be added back into the cigarette blend without an apparent or marked change in the cigarette's quality.

Offline ZeroX

• View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2006, 09:48:46 pm »
Iam still saying that the only reason Marijunana is outlawed for the soul propuse that the government cant tax it because people can grow it in their backyards.
Wait, why exactly can't the government tax Marijuana?

How are they going to tax it when you are growing it out of your backyard?
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce