Author Topic: Ouija Board  (Read 11558 times)

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
Ouija Board
« on: December 15, 2006, 05:01:10 pm »
That's right, tonight a bunch of my friends are getting together and we'll be using a Ouija Board. One of them knows the rules and has used one many times before, so we'll be fine. Anyone have any cool questions?
Hitmen: art is gay

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
Re: Ouija Board
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2006, 05:47:53 pm »
"Why the fuck are we playing a game for 8 year old girls?"
or...
"Doesn't anyone realize this is all a manipulation of the mind?"

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2006, 06:19:22 pm »
I've heard from many people, much older than I, that say it works. This is why I choose to try it out. If it doesn't work, oh well.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2006, 06:25:47 pm by Metal Militia »

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2006, 06:56:55 pm »
Yeah, I think it's a bunch of bullshit too.  If it works, it was probably a stupidly general question or a mere coincidence.

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2006, 09:26:22 pm »
Yeah, I think it's a bunch of bullshit too.  If it works, it was probably a stupidly general question or a mere coincidence.
If it does work with a group of people, I'm going to try it alone because I feel I can trust me self better. The only thing about doing it alone is that you will supposedly get possessed, but I feel if this is even true, I have a strong enough mind to resist. You guys will have your answer.

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2006, 12:51:51 pm »
Let me start off by saying that I don't fully believe what I saw last night, but I was watching very closely, and saw absolutely no evidence that anyone was moving it themselves. Also, then way you would put your fingers on it is just to barely touch it with the tip. At times we all had the tip of one finger on it, and the thing was speeding across the board spelling crap. You could see everyone's finger tips slide across the top while it was moving. Also, you don't follow your instinct and move it yourself. It moves by itself. There's still a chance, though, that it was done subconsciously by one of the few. This is why next time we do it, I intend to try it once or twice with only my finger on it. The following is what the Ouija Board said, whether or not it really worked:

A bit into the conversation, my friend asked the name, and the name was one that he recognized from when he used the Ouija Board at this haunted Gas and Motel is Douglass, AZ. He asked if he was mad at him, and it said yes. He asked why he was mad at him, and it spelt out "cam", which means camcorder because he video taped the entire thing at the Gas and Motel when he stayed. This was the same exact reason it said it was mad at my friend when he asked at that motel. Then, we asked what we could do to make him happy again, and it replied "die". It then asked us a question. "waz ne of u at gas" We asked if he was trying to ask if anyone else was at the gas and motel, and he replied yes. We replied no. Then we asked if we were bugging him, and he replied yes. We told him that if we were bugging him, that he could stop at any time, and he pulled the thing over to "Good Bye". And we were done. Whether or not it was real, we had a killer time.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2006, 01:24:40 pm »
"waz ne of u at gas"

lol, since when do demons use internet slang?

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2006, 01:33:25 pm »
"waz ne of u at gas"

Yeah, it made me chuckle a bit too. Also, I can't remember exactly how he spelt "you", I just heard my friend said it was the word "you".

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2006, 01:36:19 pm »
Yeah, it made me chuckle a bit too. Also, I can't remember exactly how he spelt "you", I just heard my friend said it was the word "you".

Clearly it was humanly undecipherable.  Your friend was possessed by the demon! :o

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2006, 01:41:15 pm »

Clearly it was humanly undecipherable.  Your friend was possessed by the demon! :o
haha

Oh yeah, we also asked it what kind of music it listened to, and it replied, "see". Whatever the hell that meant.

trust

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2006, 03:47:45 pm »
Sounds pretty intense. He didn't call you out on the lying about not being @ the hotel?

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2006, 03:54:55 pm »
Sounds pretty intense. He didn't call you out on the lying about not being @ the hotel?
Oh, I wasn't there, only my friend was. I plan on going there next time, though.

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2006, 04:33:10 pm »
We're trying again tonight. I'm probably going to record exactly what we ask, and exactly what it replies.

Offline Blaze

• x86
  • Canadian
    • View Profile
    • Maide
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2006, 09:30:19 pm »
If it works, it was probably a [.. ] mere coincidence.

A lot of religious things might work on that basis.  ;)   :-*
And like a fool I believed myself, and thought I was somebody else...

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2006, 10:39:21 pm »
"waz ne of u at gas"

"yo jesus fuk u mfqr. pwnd"
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2006, 11:30:56 pm »
"waz ne of u at gas"

In the name of Jesus Christ, demon, I command you to identify yourself.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2006, 11:41:36 pm »
A lot of religious things might work on that basis.  ;)   :-*

I've become increasingly less religious, if you hadn't noticed. :P

HAHAHA.  I LOVE YOU.

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2006, 01:47:12 am »

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2006, 02:03:52 pm »
Well, it said a crap load of things last night, and I didn't write any of it down. I'd probably sound like an idiot if I told you it all, so I'm going to tell you the first thing that made me believe. Last night, I was doing it was 2 people who had never done it before. We asked how old it was, and was expecting it to give us a number. Instead of going to a number, it went to f, o, r, and we were expecting forty. Then, it finished it off, and said "forever". I don't see how it would go to that when none of us were expecting it.

trust

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2006, 03:13:16 pm »
Next time you do it have the person with their fingers on the thingy be blindfolded.

Edit: Have you tried doing it without anybody touching it? Or asking it to do something?

(See this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erD64ZACE18)

It's something I've always wanted to try but I've read too many things about the negative side effects of using one so I never have (and probably won't.) But I do believe in them working.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2006, 03:33:18 pm by OG Trust »

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2006, 03:56:24 pm »
Next time you do it have the person with their fingers on the thingy be blindfolded.

Edit: Have you tried doing it without anybody touching it? Or asking it to do something?

(See this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erD64ZACE18)

It's something I've always wanted to try but I've read too many things about the negative side effects of using one so I never have (and probably won't.) But I do believe in them working.
I'll be sure to try.

trust

« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2006, 04:24:08 pm »
Just be careful, especially if you keep getting the same spirit.

Did you ask it if it was a demon and when/how it died and stuff?

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2006, 05:18:32 pm »
It said it was an angel that has been around forever. It's name was Faust Queen, or Faustqueen. Most likely the first, though.

trust

« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2006, 05:44:06 pm »
Hmm. Faust as in the German who sold his soul to Mephistopheles in exchange for knowledge?

Oh and from what I've read (I read alot about it because I had thought about trying it but I read too many accounts of it just ending really badly, plus it's forbidden by the Bible) the spirit starts off being cooperative and, I guess, 'nice' but changes and the real demon comes out. Remember it's most likely lying about alot of things just to keep you talking to it, I bet if you summoned it to leave forever it would turn mean. And also I don't think it's possible for a good angel to be contacted like this (or at all maybe?) so I'd be willing to bet that it's a demon or someone trapped between earth and Hell.

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2006, 06:07:29 pm »
Ask it if it's in Heaven or Hell (I'm going to guess Hell), if it's a human or angel/demon, and ask it to describe the afterlife. The bible tells enough about each that we could probably confirm that it actually knows, and it's pretty broad so it's damn near impossible to be a coincidence.

But make sure you and everybody else does not research the topic before you ask it.

trust

« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2006, 06:13:25 pm »
Ask it if it's in Heaven or Hell (I'm going to guess Hell), if it's a human or angel/demon, and ask it to describe the afterlife. The bible tells enough about each that we could probably confirm that it actually knows, and it's pretty broad so it's damn near impossible to be a coincidence.

But make sure you and everybody else does not research the topic before you ask it.

It could be in neither Heaven nor Hell. I don't think any truly good spirit would make contact via a Ouija board either.

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2006, 10:10:56 pm »
Which is why I assumed Hell. And if it's in limbo / purgatory (neither of which I believe in), that'd be interesting. Ask them to describe that, too.

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2006, 10:22:53 pm »
I've been looking into some theories suggested by Lord, and now agree that this is done subconsciously. Especially since it called me immortal when my friends asked why I wasn't going to heaven.

trust

« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2006, 10:25:21 pm »
I've been looking into some theories suggested by Lord, and now agree that this is done subconsciously. Especially since it called me immortal when my friends asked why I wasn't going to heaven.

Which is why you should try with a blindfold or without touching it. If you can't see the letters it can't be you doing it (or maybe turn the board upside down but not tell the person.) And if you don't touch it, well that's obvious. Though it could be argued that the spirit uses your sight when doing it and that it won't work. I guess it depends.

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2006, 10:33:33 pm »
The success attributed to the Ouija Board methods, however, are due only to the humans whose hands direct the answers. The Ouija Board is credited with spelling out known names and likely dates, when in truth this is entirely within the control of the humans with their hands on the pointer, eyes closed or not. It takes but a moment to mentally record the pattern of letters and numbers, and the distance between them. Even blindfolded, the human hand can trace what the mind remembers, and sense the tension in the air when this or that target is close.
Source = http://www.zetatalk.com/index/blog1121.htm

trust

« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2006, 11:02:14 pm »
They think aliens dumped all these creatures on our earth. I don't know how much I'd believe what they say.

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2006, 11:14:30 pm »
Yeah, I'll be sure to try it Tuesday night.

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2006, 02:08:13 am »
For the record, he asked it if he'd go to heaven if he died right now, and it replied no. After asking why, it replied "immortal". He asked if he'd come back in another life and it said yes.

He was talking to his guardian angel, Hrothgar, who was also the guardian angel of Beowulf. So, if this is true, Metal was Beowulf in another life. Cool, huh?

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2006, 02:12:12 am »
For the record, he asked it if he'd go to heaven if he died right now, and it replied no. After asking why, it replied "immortal". He asked if he'd come back in another life and it said yes.

He was talking to his guardian angel, Hrothgar, who was also the guardian angel of Beowulf. So, if this is true, Metal was Beowulf in another life. Cool, huh?

Last time I checked, Christianity doesn't support reincarnation... ;P

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2006, 04:27:03 am »

Tell Hrothgar. :P

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2006, 08:47:49 am »

This is why I don't believe it.

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2006, 10:19:24 am »
Isn't there a saying that goes something along the lines of reincarnation lost by two votes?
errr... something like that...

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2006, 02:20:55 pm »
Isn't there a saying that goes something along the lines of reincarnation lost by two votes?

Uh, what?

Offline dark_drake

• x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2006, 02:27:44 pm »
Uh, what?
[/quote]
When people got together and were deciding whether or not reincarnation would be part of the religious doctrines of Christianity, it was a really close race because so many people back then believed in reincarnation. At least that's what I was told when I asked about it.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #39 on: December 18, 2006, 03:32:25 pm »
When people got together and were deciding whether or not reincarnation would be part of the religious doctrines of Christianity, it was a really close race because so many people back then believed in reincarnation. At least that's what I was told when I asked about it.

Catholicism has some pretty big differences when compared to other Christian churches, if that's what you're saying.

I can honestly say I've never met a bona-fide Christian that believes in reincarnation.

Offline dark_drake

• x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2006, 06:31:30 pm »
What I was getting at is the fact that when Christianity was getting started, the people coming up with the doctrines didn't know whether or not reincarnation existed.  In the end, it was cut out of the doctrines.  Who is to say they voted the right or wrong way?

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2006, 06:41:23 pm »
What I was getting at is the fact that when Christianity was getting started, the people coming up with the doctrines didn't know whether or not reincarnation existed.  In the end, it was cut out of the doctrines.  Who is to say they voted the right or wrong way?

If reincarnation was included in Christianity, it would be by virtue of dogma...

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2006, 04:47:53 pm »
So, uh, you trying this again tonight or what? This is interesting. :)
http://www.chyea.org/ - web based markup debugger

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2006, 04:57:44 pm »
So, uh, you trying this again tonight or what? This is interesting. :)
Yep. I think I may have found somebody to write everything down, too!

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2006, 07:10:03 pm »
Cool, keep me posted.

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2006, 02:23:38 pm »
Well, when we first got on the board, it was a little creepy. We were talking to a little girl named Sara, who started off saying "HELP ME". It seemed like she was in pain because she moved the cursor frantically around the board. We asked what she needed help with, and she said "HE HURT ME". We then asked who hurt her, and she replied "HIM". We asked what "HIM"'s name was, and she said "HIM" again. We asked one more time, and she said "CANT TELL". Then we asked how we could help her, and she said "YOU CANT HE WILL HURT YOU". Then, we said goodbye to the board so we could talk to someone else.

When we got back on, we asked, "Are there any spirits in the room", and the pointer went to "NO" like a smart ass. Then we asked if we were speaking to Sara again, and it went to "no", then spelt out, "SARA IS GONE". We asked who we were talking to, and it said "CANT TELL". We then said goodbye again, to hopefully talk to someone else.

We were now talking to Faust Queen, which is somebody we've talked to before. To do a little trick, we took a deck of cards, and shuffled them. I picked a random card out of the deck, and without any of us looking at it, I placed it face down on the board. I then asked what card it was, and it said "7". I asked what suit, and then it spelt out "disrespectful", then went to goodbye. We obviously annoyed it. But, when we looked at the card, sure enough, it was a fucking 7. What's that, a 1 in 13 chance?

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2006, 02:44:54 pm »
First of all, I'd find it rather odd for an angel or a demon to know English.  Unless the board automatically translates it? :P

And yeah, on Penn&Teller's "Bullshit" they did that experiment of blindfolding the people and rotating the board 180 degrees.  When asked a question, they went to around where the letter would have been.  So unless spirits depend on channeling through the humans (which I doubt), it's crap. 

But still an interesting experiment in psychology.

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2006, 02:46:31 pm »
Yall have to wait for it to spell all this stuff out? I'd get annoyed knowing it was about to spell "disrespectful," yet still had to wait for it to spell it. lol. That's pretty fucking crazy, though. What was the suit, anyways? Dude, that's crazy that you'll talk to the same thing multiple times.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2006, 02:48:02 pm »
First of all, I'd find it rather odd for an angel or a demon to know English.  Unless the board automatically translates it? :P

And yeah, on Penn&Teller's "Bullshit" they did that experiment of blindfolding the people and rotating the board 180 degrees.  When asked a question, they went to around where the letter would have been.  So unless spirits depend on channeling through the humans (which I doubt), it's crap. 

But still an interesting experiment in psychology.

I don't think it's odd that angels or demons would know english, but I agree with the rest of what you said.  It'd be a very interesting experiment.

trust

« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2006, 03:56:53 pm »

Well, they are in America. If the spirits are 'passing through' maybe they're all American? Or in the afterlife you have the ability to just communicate with anyone. Or if they are channeling through the person then that would explain it. The card is pretty crazy though.

Did you try a blindfold or no hands?

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 20, 2006, 03:59:45 pm »

Well, they are in America. If the spirits are 'passing through' maybe they're all American? Or in the afterlife you have the ability to just communicate with anyone. Or if they are channeling through the person then that would explain it. The card is pretty crazy though.

Did you try a blindfold or no hands?
No hands didn't work, and we ran out of time before we tried it blindfolded. We'll be sure to try it again, though.

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2006, 07:59:39 pm »
Why is this kind of thing timed? How did you run out of time? :P

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2006, 09:22:25 pm »
Why is this kind of thing timed? How did you run out of time? :P
It was 2 AM and my friend had to work the next day.

Anyways, as of now, I officially quit Ouija. Real or not, it gets kind of corny, the conversations take forever, and the conditions have to be perfect for it to work. At least, I'm never planning a Ouija night ever again. If it just so happens to happen while I'm around, I'll might just do it.

trust

« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2006, 09:42:37 pm »
You need to continue because it's like experiments for x86! Do it for science!

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 21, 2006, 01:29:13 am »
Meh. I just hate how reality feels so... fake the following day. I might continue if I get bored again.

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 21, 2006, 08:56:44 am »

Offline cheeseisfun

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 01, 2007, 10:02:09 pm »

Catholicism has some pretty big differences when compared to other Christian churches, if that's what you're saying.

I can honestly say I've never met a bona-fide Christian that believes in reincarnation.

Then again, it doesn't matter what we believe, or what a bonafide Christian believes... because who really knows what the truth could be? Perhaps the real afterlife resembles what Christians believe, but has differences, such as the reality of reincarnation? But perhaps it is completely different, and is beyond anything we can comprehend. Keep your mind open...

P.S. Christianity/Catholicism/etc is about money and is just another system of control. However, that's what I think.

Don't settle for what Christian preachers tell you. Think for yourself, and come to your own conclusions... and question authority. That is my message here.