Author Topic: Dear Europe, DIAF  (Read 7732 times)

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
Dear Europe, DIAF
« on: December 19, 2006, 10:46:23 am »
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,20950801-1702,00.html

Oh silly Europe & you're ridiculously spelled words.

I still like the guillotine idea.

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
Re: Dear Europe, DIAF
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 11:10:58 am »
Guillotine's are gross, psycho. And if you ask me, their words are spelled more like they're pronounced, like colour which is pronounced, of all things CUL UR. They still need the first u, but they're one closer than we are. :)
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2006, 11:18:58 am »
Gross, maybe.  But better than lethal injection because it'd be quicker.

Offline disco

• Comfortably Numb
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2006, 11:22:15 am »
The guillotine, while gruesome in spectacle, is actually quite humane.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2006, 11:27:44 am »
The guillotine, while gruesome in spectacle, is actually quite humane.

It may be painless, but it's humiliating, disgusting and violent.  It shouldn't be considered "humane."

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2006, 11:33:31 am »
It isn't humiliating unless it is public, and even so...who the hell gives a crap if it is hulimiating?

Violent?  In the sense that it is a quick end...but less involves much less struggle than most other methods.

As far as disgusting, that's your opinion.

I think guillotining people is a very viable alternative to lethal injection.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2006, 01:03:41 pm »
Killing is bad.  I don't care if it's the bad guys or the good guys doing it.  That's all I have to say on the matter.

One other thing (ha) is, this is my favorite line:
"These decisions... mark the definitive beginning of the end... I have no doubt that this trend is welcomed by a lot of Americans who, given a proper choice, prefer just security to cruel revenge,''

Which says exactly what I always say: the death penalty exists because people like to get revenge, people like the good feeling they get when somebody they don't like is killed.  And that is, I'm afraid, Barbaric.  Sorry, but enjoying somebody else's death, or feeling better that somebody died, is the whole problem.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2006, 01:23:06 pm »
That's your opinion.

I feel more secure when murderers are arrested and in jail.
I feel even more secure when murderers are executed and have zero possibility oh escaping.

Offline Chavo

• x86
  • no u
    • View Profile
    • Chavoland
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2006, 02:13:04 pm »
Killing is bad.  I don't care if it's the bad guys or the good guys doing it.  That's all I have to say on the matter.

"These decisions... mark the definitive beginning of the end... I have no doubt that this trend is welcomed by a lot of Americans who, given a proper choice, prefer just security to cruel revenge,''

Which says exactly what I always say: the death penalty exists because people like to get revenge, people like the good feeling they get when somebody they don't like is killed.  And that is, I'm afraid, Barbaric.  Sorry, but enjoying somebody else's death, or feeling better that somebody died, is the whole problem.
QFT

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2006, 02:32:49 pm »

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2006, 02:49:46 pm »
That's your opinion.

I feel more secure when murderers are arrested and in jail.
I feel even more secure when murderers are executed and have zero possibility oh escaping.
Yeah, in places with no death penalty you'd think the hills would be overrun by escaped murderers.  But trust me, they aren't.  Escapes are very, very rare.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like jails either, the way they are currently run -- but I think they're slightly better than the death penalty.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2006, 03:23:28 pm »
It isn't humiliating unless it is public, and even so...who the hell gives a crap if it is hulimiating?

Violent?  In the sense that it is a quick end...but less involves much less struggle than most other methods.

As far as disgusting, that's your opinion.

I think guillotining people is a very viable alternative to lethal injection.

How does it involve less struggle?  You don't think someone's head getting cut off is gruesome?  You're right, that's subjective statement, but I'd think that my opinion is shared by just about everyone...

You may think that, but I don't think it's a legal form of execution in any of the first world countries, so unless you plan to move to Chad, you'll just have to remain pouting in your corner.

I'm not for the death penalty, but I don't really like this argument.  I don't think it's barbaric to feel relieved when someone who's inflicted immense amounts of pain to a number of people is killed.  I think it's human nature.  If human nature is barbaric, then I agree.

Offline Chavo

• x86
  • no u
    • View Profile
    • Chavoland
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2006, 03:37:58 pm »
The death penalty is closer to Hammurabi's code than any other law that I can think of at the moment.  I consider the time period of Hammurabi to be pretty barbaric.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2006, 04:51:32 pm »
The death penalty is closer to Hammurabi's code than any other law that I can think of at the moment.  I consider the time period of Hammurabi to be pretty barbaric.

The president is as close as it gets to a king, but that doesn't mean that democracy needs to be changed because it's too close to monarchy.

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2006, 05:08:37 pm »
I stand by with what I've said before -- people should have life in prison unless they are too dangerous (IE, escaping and going on a killing spree). To you, what would be more punishment -- life in confinement, bored out of your wits, every day for the rest of your life, or the end? But yeah, if they're an escape mastermind then we're definately not going to let them sit and plot out their escape and killing spree.

As for a lethal injection, it doesn't hurt, does it? I mean, I've never gotten one obviously, but it can't hurt more than a flu shot. Five minutes after the injection, the on-site doctor declares you dead after checking for a pulse, and from the limited footage of the injections I've seen, your writs and legs and strapped to a table, you're injected, and you die. I've never seen anyone scream / writhe in agnoy or pain, like electric chairs.

Yes, the guillotine was neat back in it's time period (before injections because usable) because it killed them quickly, but how would you rather die -- head chopped off, or injected? And think about your funeral, especially if you want to have an open casket. Your headless form won't be too attactive.

But I think that any form of killing someone is overkill. They should just sit in prison and rot.

The president is as close as it gets to a king, but that doesn't mean that democracy needs to be changed because it's too close to monarchy.

There's two things wrong with your analogy. First, I doubt you intended this, but you didn't specify which kind of monarchy you were referring to. The government we have is like a constituional monarchy. Second, who said that monarchy was barbaric? Your analogy implies that. In fact, I'd say that Clan x86 operates under a constutional monarchy, Newby is the Queen (yes, the Queen), and the rules are our constituion.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2006, 05:12:02 pm by Joe[x86] »
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.