Author Topic: 10 years in prison for a blowjob...  (Read 6250 times)

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
10 years in prison for a blowjob...
« on: December 20, 2006, 05:29:55 pm »
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

trust

Re: 10 years in prison for a blowjob...
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2006, 06:20:57 pm »
Wow that's harsh.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2006, 06:37:54 pm »
That would have been legal in a REAL country like Canada :P

Offline Killer360

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2006, 07:05:08 pm »
That would have been legal in a REAL country like Canada :P
Oh yeah.  :D

Offline ZeroX

• Pirating Your software since 1998
    • View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2006, 07:33:39 pm »
Wait he was 17 and did it with a 15 year old? They cant say shit.
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

mutsumibear: David's coming over Sunday so we can have mad sex all day.
zxdropoff: lucky you
mutsumibear: :D I know.
mutsumibear: I just pray I don't start my period before then.
zxdropoff: omfg
zxdropoff: stfu
zxdropoff: now please
mutsumibear: HAHA
mutsumibear: I love disturbing you.

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2006, 07:37:29 pm »
Another example of how the government can ruin lives.
Hitmen: art is gay

Offline MyndFyre

• Boticulator Extraordinaire
  • x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
    • JinxBot :: the evolution in boticulation
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2006, 08:18:37 pm »
Depends on the state.  Some states have 16 as the age of consent, some 14, some 18.  Apparently, here they can.
I have a programming folder, and I have nothing of value there

Running with Code has a new home!

Our species really annoys me.

Offline Ersan

• Hi! I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2006, 08:40:07 pm »
That's bullshit, I say we invade Georgia.

Offline Super_X

• I suck.
  • I suck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2006, 09:06:21 pm »
Herein Oregon it's 18 for any sexyal activitey. It there's a 17 year old fucking a 19 year old and they get cought, the 19 year old can get arrested for stachatory rape.

trust

« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2006, 09:43:19 pm »

I think the state supreme court knows a little more about what they can say than you.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2006, 10:57:07 pm »
Herein Oregon it's 18 for any sexyal activitey. It there's a 17 year old fucking a 19 year old and they get cought, the 19 year old can get arrested for stachatory rape.
"stachatory", eh?

Anyways, the question is more what if a 17-year-old does it with a 15-year-old?  Is THAT bad?

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 21, 2006, 12:27:21 am »
"stachatory", eh?

Anyways, the question is more what if a 17-year-old does it with a 15-year-old?  Is THAT bad?
A freshmen going out with a junior. How many people have heard of an upper classman taking advantage of a lower classman simply because they're less mature, and thus lack morales? Wrong? If you ask me, yes. Ten years in prison? Probably not.
Hitmen: art is gay

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 21, 2006, 12:31:00 am »
Haha. I should try that...

I won't end up in jail, but I'll definitely convince her to drop the soap. ;)
- Newby

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline MyndFyre

• x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2006, 01:20:58 am »
"stachatory", eh?

If the law says that the age of consent is 16, apparently.

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2006, 01:28:56 am »
That is very stupid.  Ruining someones life over something like that? 
The once grove of splendor,
Aforetime crowned by lilac and lily,
Lay now forevermore slender;
And all winds that liven
Silhouette a lone existence;
A leafless oak grasping at eternity.

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Offline MyndFyre

• x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2006, 01:53:19 am »
The law is such to protect underage people who may be unable to make an appropriate decision about sex.

Quite honestly, I knew what the statuatory limits were on consent when I moved to Arizona at age 14.  I also knew what they were in Illinois before then.

If you don't like it, vote in congresspeople who will lower the age.

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2006, 02:46:37 am »
The law is such to protect underage people who may be unable to make an appropriate decision about sex.

Quite honestly, I knew what the statuatory limits were on consent when I moved to Arizona at age 14.  I also knew what they were in Illinois before then.

If you don't like it, vote in congresspeople who will lower the age.

And obviously this is a great example of how the law is poorly constructed and applied, even if it was made with good intentions.  It is incredibly crucial for there to be discretionary power to interpret individual situations rather than only rigid adherence to what can be at the very best a general guideline.

First of all, the punishment does not fit the so-called "crime" in this particular instance, and I think we can both acknowledge an overwhelming majority of the public would agree with this assessment; after all, the legal system is supposed to effectively represent the overall best interests of the public.

Secondly, he is not at all alone in what he did: there must be 1000s of teenagers in his state "guilty" of a similar "crime" who will not be pursued in this system, because hardly anyone would take this sort of situation seriously.  So not only is the public indifferent, the law is inconsistently applied, even if there is some good sense behind it (and there clearly is none).

The problem isn't with the legal age limit, and the solution isn't to tell the few people who are even aware of this story to change their votes as a result.  The problem is the idea that fairness in this system is construed to mean a uniform interpretation of undoubtedly limited laws and regulations.  The solution is to start fresh, after having sterilized those below a certain intelligence quotient, in the hope that such an unthoughtful, ineffective and inflexible system will not develop once again.  In Canada the boy wouldn't have been found guilty of anything, as there is a 2 year age difference between him and the girl.  In other states, this wouldn't have been heard in court.  Is there such a large cultural difference between Canada and the US to account for this incredibly large difference in outcomes?  Is there such a large cultural difference between the state this boy lives in and other states to account for such a drastic difference in outcomes?  In this case it shouldn't matter exactly what's written down on paper.  It should matter whether someone with a high functioning brain is making these life-changing discretionary, individual decisions.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2006, 02:56:31 am by Rule »

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2006, 03:00:45 am »
Also, take into account that sexual education is a requried course. I don't know about the rest of the US, but I took it in 8th grade (and proudly passed with flying colors, TYVM). I think that if you can pass that class then you are "intelligent" enough to consent. The stupid people of the world aren't smart enough, though, thus high age of concent's.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Super_X

• I suck.
  • I suck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2006, 03:41:44 am »
[...] statuatory [...]
Thank you, I couldn't figure it out so next best thing is phonetics.

Offline ZeroX

• View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2006, 04:03:16 am »

I think the state supreme court knows a little more about what they can say than you.

Iam sure they do. But when it violates their own laws then I consider what they can say and not. In the states 18 is the legal age of adult hood. With that being said nobody of legal adult hood can have sex with a minor. From what I heard and read. The guy was 17 and the chick was 15. No guts no glory.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2006, 04:11:12 am by ZeroX »
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

Offline MyndFyre

• x86
  • The wait is over.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2006, 04:55:26 am »
Iam sure they do. But when it violates their own laws then I consider what they can say and not. In the states 18 is the legal age of adult hood. With that being said nobody of legal adult hood can have sex with a minor. From what I heard and read. The guy was 17 and the chick was 15. No guts no glory.
No.  In the States, the only constitutional law regarding people who are 18 is the legal voting age - people who have reached such an age shall not be denied the right to vote.  To illustrate this point, note that you cannot legally drink until you have reached age 21.  Many consider this the "true age" of "adulthood." 

Legal issues regarding the age of a person and whether you are an "adult" is left to the states.  That's why you hear about whether a 16- or 17-year-old is being "tried as an adult."

You should do some research into what you're talking about before you try to prattle off nonsense.

And obviously this is a great example of how the law is poorly constructed and applied, even if it was made with good intentions.  It is incredibly crucial for there to be discretionary power to interpret individual situations rather than only rigid adherence to what can be at the very best a general guideline.
I don't want you to think that I agree with the ruling; I haven't read the article so I don't know the details.  In general, law is constructed in such a way here so as to allow for there to be such flexibility in interpretation on a case-by-case basis.

What I was simply saying is - if you are going to be engaging in any behaviors, you should make yourself aware of the potential repercussions.  One of the reasons I don't drink, at all, is that I know one of the potential repercussions is that I can be hit with a DUI.  It's not worth it to me to have any remote chance of that happening.  When I was in high school I didn't fool around with the underclassmen because I didn't want to be hit with such an incredibly harsh penalty (someone I know from two classes is now a registered sex offender in my area). 

There once was a notion of personal responsibility.  10 years is probably a bit excessive; like I said, I haven't read the article.  My point is simply: if the penalty was a viable outcome under Georgia law, the guy should have had the foresight to know that before he got busy with the chick.

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2006, 11:25:15 am »
He might have been aware about the age limitations and chose to ignore them.  Even in this case, however, I think the ruling was unfair -- irrespective of whether or not it followed from a strict interpretation of a law intended to protect youth.

To be completely honest, I don't know whether I'd ignore the law or not in this case.  It's not just the harsh punishment that bugs me, but the fact that so many people do this and no-one cares, and so kids are almost arbitrarily picked out of the crowd and "made examples of."  This usually amounts to needlessly damaging a relatively innocent person's life, while making a mockery of our legal system.

Having said all this, I'm now rather curious how this got to the court in the first place?  Who blowed the whistle? Hmm...

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2006, 12:02:16 pm »

Having said all this, I'm now rather curious how this got to the court in the first place?  Who blowed the whistle? Hmm...

my guess is the girl's parents.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2006, 01:53:03 pm »

I think the Girlfriend did.

..... oh wait, what do you mean by "whistle"?

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2006, 02:03:22 pm »
Damnit. I come in to capitalize on that comment, and two people already have.
- Newby

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2006, 06:41:21 pm »

I love you.

Yea, it's perfectly possible for the two to have sex while both agreeing while the parents can still tell on you.

Personally, this whole thing about states having different laws is a load of bullshit.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2006, 06:43:58 pm »
Personally, this whole thing about states having different laws is a load of bullshit.
I totally agree. DAMN FEDERALISM TO HELL!!!!  ::)
errr... something like that...

Offline Ersan

• Hi! I'm new here!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2006, 02:31:51 pm »
[...] statuatory [...]
Thank you, I couldn't figure it out so next best thing is phonetics.

For fucks sake, it's STATUTORY, you're all retarded I swear.

Offline ZeroX

• View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2006, 07:58:49 pm »

I love you.

Yea, it's perfectly possible for the two to have sex while both agreeing while the parents can still tell on you.

Civil war showed that this isnt possible.
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce