Author Topic: My day at work..  (Read 13254 times)

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
Re: My day at work..
« Reply #30 on: December 23, 2006, 03:34:49 pm »
If you can't handle a little shit from your managers at your minimum wage job at your age, you'll never make it in the working world. You should just give up now, depend on your parents, and do good in school so you can hopefully learn enough to be able to be self employed and survive off that. Hell, in that case, you could even sue yourself and win!

For your information, "NEXT TIME YOUR TERMINANTED" and "THIS IS YOUR LAST WARNING" is not a little shit, and $8.00/hr isn't even close to minimal wage.

Yeah, it is a little shit. Because all you did was hold something wrong. It also only occurred once or twice. Essentially, "waah, i got yelled at for doing something I admitted I was doing wrong."

By the way, being a lifeguard or whatever, it is pretty much a minimum wage job. It doesn't matter if it's above the minimum wage (compared to minimum wage in Alaska, that's less) because you can't live off of it. Does this make sense?
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 23, 2006, 04:12:56 pm »
If you can't handle a little shit from your managers at your minimum wage job at your age, you'll never make it in the working world. You should just give up now, depend on your parents, and do good in school so you can hopefully learn enough to be able to be self employed and survive off that. Hell, in that case, you could even sue yourself and win!

For your information, "NEXT TIME YOUR TERMINANTED" and "THIS IS YOUR LAST WARNING" is not a little shit, and $8.00/hr isn't even close to minimal wage.

Yeah, it is a little shit. Because all you did was hold something wrong. It also only occurred once or twice. Essentially, "waah, i got yelled at for doing something I admitted I was doing wrong."

By the way, being a lifeguard or whatever, it is pretty much a minimum wage job. It doesn't matter if it's above the minimum wage (compared to minimum wage in Alaska, that's less) because you can't live off of it. Does this make sense?
$8/an hour is nothing to scoff at...I WISH I made $8/an hour

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2006, 04:16:30 pm »
Get a real job, then. I know kids who deliver pizzas that make more than that out here.
- Newby

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline Joe

• B&
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2006, 11:24:56 pm »

I almost got fired over nothing. That's a lot of shit in my book, reguardless of what you say.

Please explain all the people who are living off it, then.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #34 on: December 24, 2006, 06:05:00 am »
The first job I had was $8.50/hr.  The same job during the summer was $6.50/hr because of lower funding from the school district.  They were both techy jobs, though, so it was great.  I actually enjoyed them more than my current job because of the environment and my boss (I just got back from role playing at his house from noon until about an hour ago), even though the pay has more than tripled.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 24, 2006, 11:26:18 am »

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 24, 2006, 12:39:00 pm »
I almost got fired over nothing. That's a lot of shit in my book, reguardless of what you say.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Not properly holding a life raft or whatever could cause someone to die. You deserve to get fired for not correctly giving 110% on the job the whole time.

But you didn't get fired, did you? You just don't like being told what to do.

Please explain all the people who are living off it, then.

Multiple minimum wage jobs. All the Mexicans I worked with worked double shifts at another restaurant. Living on 2*minimum wage is easier than just minimum wage.

$8/hr = ~$16K/yr. You ever wonder why the little lunch slips you got to prepay for lunches allowed you to get discounts if your family couldn't make ~$20K/yr? Or did you never get those? I know I got those prepay slips and prepaid in full, but always wondered why poor people got discounts.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2006, 12:40:41 pm by Newby »
- Newby

Offline Krazed

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 24, 2006, 02:51:56 pm »
I didn't read this thread, just your original post. But stop being a little bitch and do what your boss says.
It is good to be good, but it is better to be lucky.

Offline Joe

• B&
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2006, 03:17:43 pm »
@Newby: Quit your bitching. As if someone could drown in a two foot deep activity pool anyhow. And it's the long tube stick thingy that says GUARD on the front and is red. A bigger threat would have been that I was wearing shoes which would make it hard to swim, but I didn't get yelled at for that. Nobody would have been injured at all because of my actions.

As for those who are making a living off it, they hold one job. I know this because they're friends of mine, go to my church, and we hang out outside of church/work on a regular basis. They're 22, in college, live in an apartment co-owned by their younger brother (18, pre-lifeguard / slide attendant), and make by pretty well.

@Krazed:
Read the thread. I got back to his boss and he's in deep shit now.

Offline Krazed

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 24, 2006, 03:44:28 pm »
@Newby: Quit your bitching. As if someone could drown in a two foot deep activity pool anyhow. And it's the long tube stick thingy that says GUARD on the front and is red. A bigger threat would have been that I was wearing shoes which would make it hard to swim, but I didn't get yelled at for that. Nobody would have been injured at all because of my actions.

As for those who are making a living off it, they hold one job. I know this because they're friends of mine, go to my church, and we hang out outside of church/work on a regular basis. They're 22, in college, live in an apartment co-owned by their younger brother (18, pre-lifeguard / slide attendant), and make by pretty well.

@Krazed:
Read the thread. I got back to his boss and he's in deep shit now.

Theres a little thing about tattling on people. Sure it gets that person in trouble, but everyone who knows of the situation now also thinks of you differently. Grow some balls.
It is good to be good, but it is better to be lucky.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 24, 2006, 05:01:01 pm »
@Newby: [1]Quit your bitching. [2]As if someone could drown in a two foot deep activity pool anyhow. And it's the long tube stick thingy that says GUARD on the front and is red. [3]A bigger threat would have been that I was wearing shoes which would make it hard to swim, but I didn't get yelled at for that. Nobody would have been injured at all because of my actions.

As for those who are making a living off it, they hold one job. I know this because they're friends of mine, go to my church, and we hang out outside of church/work on a regular basis. [4]They're 22, in college, live in an apartment co-owned by their younger brother (18, pre-lifeguard / slide attendant), and make by pretty well.

1. You're the one who started bitching in the first place.
2. It could happen. What if they bonk their head on the exit and become unconscious?
3. Why would you do such a thing? You're in charge of lives, Joe. Stupid shit like that could cost you a life. How could you live with yourself?
4. So there are multiple people paying for the apartment? That's more than one person on minimum wage paying for an apartment. If it was just him paying for it, he wouldn't be able to afford to waste time outside of work and school to do anything, especially hang out with you. I don't know how pricing for apartments/housing is out there, but damnit, you couldn't live on $8/hr if you tried.

Is this "they" plural or singular? You act as if multiple people do it, but your description leads me to believe only one does. And if he's in college, I doubt he has any money left over if he's paying for an apartment and school shit. I bet he takes his job seriously. He can't lose it.
- Newby

Offline Quik

• Webmaster Guy
  • x86
  • \x51 \x75 \x69 \x6B \x5B \x78 \x38 \x36 \x5D
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 24, 2006, 07:12:08 pm »
Hey, if someone can drown in a bowl of soup then someone can drown in a kiddie pool.
[20:21:13] xar: i was just thinking about the time iago came over here and we made this huge bomb and light up the sky for 6 min
[20:21:15] xar: that was funny

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 24, 2006, 07:30:07 pm »
Hey, if someone can drown in a bowl of soup then someone can drown in a kiddie pool.
If someone drowns in a bowl of soup it means that they don't have the necessary skills to function and live.  Its probably for the better

Offline Joe

• B&
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #43 on: December 24, 2006, 11:48:41 pm »
Newby's a retard. He needs to govern his own (lack of a) job instead of trying to do mine, like deadly did before he left.

Locked.

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 25, 2006, 01:48:07 am »
Newby's a retard. He needs to govern his own (lack of a) job instead of trying to do mine, like deadly did before he left.

Ooh, I'm unemployed. Ouch. That was a harsh blow, man! Wait a minute...

I just lost all respect I ever had for you. Which wasn't much. Nice way to try and insult me.
- Newby