Author Topic: Stupid people and doors  (Read 4294 times)

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
Stupid people and doors
« on: March 07, 2005, 12:37:11 pm »
We have a really crappy hallway at my University.  It's actually a tunnel between 3 builds that results in a T-type intersection.

There's 2 loong hallways that are perpendicular, like an L, and then a doorway with a hall to form the end of the T.  There are two doors, so people can go in both directions.  All halls concerned are very busy during class change.

Today, as I came down one (the perpendicular one in the T), I noticed that there was a problem.  Some stupid asian girl had come to the door, realized that the one on the right was closed and that there was traffic coming through the other one, so she stopped to patiently wait for the endless stream of traffic to end.  Note that there was also an endless stream of traffic behind her, which was quickly piling up, just because she didn't want to open the door.

Just a note, the door opens towards her.

So she inched closer to the door, to the point where it would have been impossible to open it.  She had pretty much screwed up a few dozen people by then.

Just then, our Hero (that would be me) realized that he was standing by the handicap button that opens the door automatically.  So I press it, and the door starts slowly opening towards her.  Because she had caused a jam-up, people were crammed up behind her, so she had no choice but to get hit by the door, and eventually squeeze through.  Luckly, I was able to hold in my laughter when the door hit her and she couldn't do anything.

That's my Story of the Day.  :)

Offline SNiFFeR

• Sexy
    • View Profile
    • k
Re: Stupid people and doors
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2005, 02:48:10 pm »
Lol that happens like everyday with our stupid freshmen. I usually just push them into the door or through the other way into on-coming traffic.  :P

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2005, 03:27:08 pm »
There was really no way of going through oncoming traffic.  There are just too many people and the call is too narrow.  I could tell other stories about slow people or people standing confused in front of closed doors, but I just enjoyed this one because I got to hit her with the door :)

Offline Quik

• Webmaster Guy
  • x86
  • \x51 \x75 \x69 \x6B \x5B \x78 \x38 \x36 \x5D
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2005, 05:43:48 pm »
So you pushed the handicap button, but there was no handicapped person trying to get through?! What if you broke it, and was unusable for the next handicapped person to try to use the door? You could have ruined someone's day, Mr. Hero.
[20:21:13] xar: i was just thinking about the time iago came over here and we made this huge bomb and light up the sky for 6 min
[20:21:15] xar: that was funny

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2005, 06:09:05 pm »
So you pushed the handicap button, but there was no handicapped person trying to get through?! What if you broke it, and was unusable for the next handicapped person to try to use the door? You could have ruined someone's day, Mr. Hero.

That would be hilarious.

Offline Ergot

• 吴立峰 ^_^ !
  • x86
  • I steal bandwidth. p_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2005, 06:29:29 pm »
iago is handicap :[ ! He has difficulties after prolonged exposure to exercise and/or sunlight.
Who gives a damn? I fuck sheep all the time.
And yes, male both ends.  There are a couple lesbians that need a two-ended dildo...My router just refuses to wear a strap-on.
(05:55:03) JoE ThE oDD: omfg good job i got a boner thinkin bout them chinese bitches
(17:54:15) Sidoh: I love cosmetology

Offline wires

• Pwnage
  • x86
  • cocaine is fun!
    • View Profile
    • Weapon Of Mass Destruction
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2005, 07:11:10 pm »

That would be hilarious.
Not if you were the handicapped trying to get in door. :P

Offline Mythix

• The Dude
  • x86
  • Victory
    • View Profile
    • Dark-Wire
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2005, 07:20:25 pm »
I'd use my crutches of justice to end iagos pleasure.
Philosophy, n. A route of many roads leading from nowhere to nothing.

- Ambrose Bierce

Offline Quik

• Webmaster Guy
  • x86
  • \x51 \x75 \x69 \x6B \x5B \x78 \x38 \x36 \x5D
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2005, 08:01:41 pm »
I'd think crutches would continue his pleasure, depending what he likes ;p
[20:21:13] xar: i was just thinking about the time iago came over here and we made this huge bomb and light up the sky for 6 min
[20:21:15] xar: that was funny

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2005, 09:58:58 pm »
Whacking people with sympathy sticks is fun :)

Offline Joe

• B&
  • x86
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2005, 10:26:01 pm »
Wow, sounds fun.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.