Author Topic: help on picking a character  (Read 9497 times)

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
Re: help on picking a character
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2006, 03:44:36 pm »
Are Paladins decent? I kind of like the sound of that shadow priest, though.
http://www.chyea.org/ - web based markup debugger

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2006, 03:47:56 pm »
Shadow Priests are fun.  I haven't played a Paladin, but they seem good.  There isn't really a "sucky" class or a "godly" class in WoW.  They all have their uses and are superior in various areas and inferior in others.

Offline ZeroX

• Pirating Your software since 1998
    • View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2006, 04:24:52 pm »
Shadow Priests are fun.  I haven't played a Paladin, but they seem good.  There isn't really a "sucky" class or a "godly" class in WoW.  They all have their uses and are superior in various areas and inferior in others.

What do you mean? Warlocks > * Fear. dot dot dot. Fear. Death. I usally get the warlock down to 20% health before I get feared and he rapes me.
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

mutsumibear: David's coming over Sunday so we can have mad sex all day.
zxdropoff: lucky you
mutsumibear: :D I know.
mutsumibear: I just pray I don't start my period before then.
zxdropoff: omfg
zxdropoff: stfu
zxdropoff: now please
mutsumibear: HAHA
mutsumibear: I love disturbing you.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2006, 05:54:03 pm »
What do you mean? Warlocks > * Fear. dot dot dot. Fear. Death. I usally get the warlock down to 20% health before I get feared and he rapes me.

Why does every plight you encounter that involves recommending a class result in a conclusion that is based completely around class vs. class duels? :P

In raids, Warlocks are rarely at the top of the list.  They don't have stuns.  They don't have stealth, they wear cloth and they can't (directly) heal.  Like I already said:

There isn't really a "sucky" class or a "godly" class in WoW.  They all have their uses and are superior in various areas and inferior in others.

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2006, 05:59:37 pm »

Why does every plight you encounter that involves recommending a class result in a conclusion that is based completely around class vs. class duels? :P

In raids, Warlocks are rarely at the top of the list.  They don't have stuns.  They don't have stealth, they wear cloth and they can't (directly) heal.  Like I already said:

There isn't really a "sucky" class or a "godly" class in WoW.  They all have their uses and are superior in various areas and inferior in others.
Warlocks can get 1st if they try... :P I have a stun now, and I get healed every once in a while :P (30% I think when my shadowbolt hits or immolate/conflagrate)

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2006, 06:05:04 pm »
Warlocks can get 1st if they try... :P I have a stun now, and I get healed every once in a while :P (30% I think when my shadowbolt hits or immolate/conflagrate)

You wouldn't pass anyone if they were trying as hard as you.  The stun is a chance, yes?  I said "directly" for a reason.  That's not completely under your control.  My flash heal button is. :P

I'm not saying Warlocks suck.  I'm saying they're not the best class.  I don't think there is one and I'm really sure that's the way Blizzard intends for the game to be.

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2006, 06:11:02 pm »
Warriors got nerfed :(. Rage norm ftl.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2006, 06:18:40 pm »
Paladins are great IMO. You're a lot better than other classes, until it balances out at 60. Once it balances out, gear is what you need. I loved being a healadin in PvP. You basically live forever, while keeping the other classes around you alive forever. With the right strategy, you can kick any other class' ass, with the exception of a priest and certain druids.
Hitmen: art is gay

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2006, 07:25:58 pm »

You wouldn't pass anyone if they were trying as hard as you.  The stun is a chance, yes?  I said "directly" for a reason.  That's not completely under your control.  My flash heal button is. :P

I'm not saying Warlocks suck.  I'm saying they're not the best class.  I don't think there is one and I'm really sure that's the way Blizzard intends for the game to be.
I know they aren't the best. No class is. But I have an AoE stun now... does about 500-600 damage and stuns for 2 seconds

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2006, 07:36:42 pm »
Well. I'm making a Shadow Priest on Burning Blade.
http://www.chyea.org/ - web based markup debugger

Offline ZeroX

• Pirating Your software since 1998
    • View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2006, 07:58:44 pm »
Paladins are great IMO. You're a lot better than other classes, until it balances out at 60. Once it balances out, gear is what you need. I loved being a healadin in PvP. You basically live forever, while keeping the other classes around you alive forever. With the right strategy, you can kick any other class' ass, with the exception of a priest and certain druids.

I dont know what druids you have trouble with becuase Healdins would own all druid specs. I might have a chance in feral I time my shape shiftin and healin right but restros are crap and Balance the same story.
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

mutsumibear: David's coming over Sunday so we can have mad sex all day.
zxdropoff: lucky you
mutsumibear: :D I know.
mutsumibear: I just pray I don't start my period before then.
zxdropoff: omfg
zxdropoff: stfu
zxdropoff: now please
mutsumibear: HAHA
mutsumibear: I love disturbing you.

Offline Omen

• kill to believe..
    • View Profile
    • Dark 0men
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2006, 09:10:08 pm »
Well I decided to go with a mage, as my final; and to leave my hunter as a twink. Since most of his gear is twinked I am afraid to move up and not get good gear for the next bracket.
- Omen of The Order
- Priest of Dark Elements

Offline Armin

• Honorary Leader
  • x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2006, 02:10:25 am »

I dont know what druids you have trouble with becuase Healdins would own all druid specs. I might have a chance in feral I time my shape shiftin and healin right but restros are crap and Balance the same story.
I didn't see druids too often, so I never had a chance to really practice dueling them, I guess.
Hitmen: art is gay