Author Topic: Anyone want to start a new character?  (Read 10175 times)

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
Re: Anyone want to start a new character?
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2007, 03:29:34 pm »
Care to elaborate?  I'm not trying to be a dick or anything but I honestly can't see the fun involved.  Maybe at a higher level like 49, but personally I like my bgs to be filled with at least somewhat equal people even if it does take longer.  I say leave the unfair fights to the people trying to quest in contested territory  :P

Twinks are generally present in semi-equal numbers for horde and alliance.  Sure, gear helps, but strategy and teamwork determine almost all of a given group's ability to win.

Staying in a pre-60 battleground group is awesome fun because it's much less work to have above average gear and there are far less preformed groups, which helps level the playing field.  I am unsure how cross-server battlegrounds effected the "twink" community, but before the change was applied, there weren't many people (on my server) in the 40's bracket on the horde or alliance.  The horde knew who the alliance twinks were and visa-versa.  I had the entire horde time /cry'ing when they saw it was my last game (I'd leveled to 50 while in queue).

I played with my Rogue "permaflagged" while I was leveling to 60 (for the most part.  again, the ability to turn the flag off is invaluable).  I was in Darnassus and two of the Horde Rogues that played in my battleground sneaked in and ganked me!  Darnassus!  It's a pain in the ass for alliance to get there.  I'd spoken directly to both of them (before and afterward) and we all had a good laugh of it.  This is just a small example of how "connected" the twink BG's were compared to the 60's.

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2007, 06:43:22 pm »
Care to elaborate?  I'm not trying to be a dick or anything but I honestly can't see the fun involved.  Maybe at a higher level like 49, but personally I like my bgs to be filled with at least somewhat equal people even if it does take longer.  I say leave the unfair fights to the people trying to quest in contested territory  :P

Twinks are generally present in semi-equal numbers for horde and alliance.  Sure, gear helps, but strategy and teamwork determine almost all of a given group's ability to win.

Staying in a pre-60 battleground group is awesome fun because it's much less work to have above average gear and there are far less preformed groups, which helps level the playing field.  I am unsure how cross-server battlegrounds effected the "twink" community, but before the change was applied, there weren't many people (on my server) in the 40's bracket on the horde or alliance.

Let me just tell you a bit about the 10-19 battlegrounds right now. I stopped playing my 19 twink because there are ONLY twinks in that battleground. You may find a single non twink every other game, but it is 99% twinks. Not as fun anymore

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2007, 07:04:39 pm »
Let me just tell you a bit about the 10-19 battlegrounds right now. I stopped playing my 19 twink because there are ONLY twinks in that battleground. You may find a single non twink every other game, but it is 99% twinks. Not as fun anymore

I've played a couple of times since the patch on my 19 Warrior.  It wasn't as bad as you seem to think...

I've never liked the 19 bracket nearly as much as the other ones anyway. :P

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2007, 08:41:51 pm »

I've played a couple of times since the patch on my 19 Warrior.  It wasn't as bad as you seem to think...

I've never liked the 19 bracket nearly as much as the other ones anyway. :P
ok, I exaggerated, but 90% are twinks :-/

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2007, 08:59:45 pm »
ok, I exaggerated, but 90% are twinks :-/

it was that way before cross server bg's.  it was on maelstrom anyway...

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2007, 09:08:49 pm »
Why wasn't it fun any longer?
errr... something like that...

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2007, 09:09:39 pm »

less people to oneshot

Offline Towelie

• pwnstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2007, 09:19:16 pm »

less people to oneshot
Hahahaha, exactly! I LOVE it when a lvl 12 cloth is in it :)