Author Topic: Anyone want to start a new character?  (Read 12171 times)

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
Re: Anyone want to start a new character?
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2007, 04:08:29 pm »
You're either really lucky or play at really good times, then.  I've never played on a PvP server in contested territory without being ganked at least once every hour.  1/3 times I'm ganked by the same person shortly after resurrecting.  I'm complaining about ganking from a personal point of view, not an objective one.  Ganking is a natural part of PvP servers -- one that I can't tolerate.

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2007, 04:38:17 pm »
You're either really lucky or play at really good times, then.  I've never played on a PvP server in contested territory without being ganked at least once every hour.  1/3 times I'm ganked by the same person shortly after resurrecting. I'm complaining about ganking from a personal point of view, not an objective one.  Ganking is a natural part of PvP servers -- one that I can't tolerate.

Yeah, some people can't deal with it - and that's why we have PvE servers  :P.  I enjoy "ganking" people around my level, ie: 5 levels above or below.
[23:04:34] <deadly7[x86]> Newby[x86]
[23:04:35] <deadly7[x86]> YOU ARE AN EMO
[23:04:39] <Newby[x86]> shush it woman

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Quote from: Ergot
Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2007, 05:11:54 pm »
Well, i really just evaluated the reasons that i had for starting to play again. My reasons were because my last chars only ever got to level 20, and i hadnt seen much of the cool world scenes that i have seen in screenshots etc, i also wanted to fight those crazy ass bosses. So, i signed up on a normal server. I guess ill just make a shadow priest geared towards PvE.
http://www.chyea.org/ - web based markup debugger

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2007, 06:04:17 pm »
Yeah, some people can't deal with it - and that's why we have PvE servers  :P.  I enjoy "ganking" people around my level, ie: 5 levels above or below.

::)

Well, i really just evaluated the reasons that i had for starting to play again. My reasons were because my last chars only ever got to level 20, and i hadnt seen much of the cool world scenes that i have seen in screenshots etc, i also wanted to fight those crazy ass bosses. So, i signed up on a normal server. I guess ill just make a shadow priest geared towards PvE.

You can still PvP on normal servers.  It's just much more controlled and less spontaneous.

Offline Joe

• B&
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2007, 07:30:34 pm »
You can still PvP on normal servers.  It's just much more controlled and less spontaneous.

-- an aspect I can't deal with. :). ADHD ftw.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2007, 07:32:32 pm »
-- an aspect I can't deal with. :). ADHD ftw.

What the hell does ADHD have to do with wanting PvP to be spontaneous?

You can still flag up on normal servers.  There are usually more than a few people of the opposing faction who are willing to participate.  You simply gain the ability to de-flag when you're questing and don't want to be bothered. :P

Edit: Furious, this happened in the five minutes I was logged in to take a screenshot in the other topic.   :P This character is in Ashenvale on the Deathwing server.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 07:41:11 pm by Sidoh »

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2007, 01:03:27 am »
u only have 542 health?

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2007, 01:42:32 am »
u only have 542 health?

Yeah, that's an alt I never play.  I have much more powerful characters. :p

lol, my 29 hunter has had aimed shot crits for over 600.  I see that his was only a hit, but it's still pretty funny.

I have a 19 Warrior twink with 1200 HP.  I think my Rogue and Priest both have around 3000 without buffs and they're both squishies.  Before I speced out of discipline, my priest had something like 8100 mana unbuffed.

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2007, 02:07:00 am »
What does twink mean? Somebody basically gives them a full set of badass armor to use at a real low level to level faster?

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2007, 04:33:14 am »
What does twink mean? Somebody basically gives them a full set of badass armor to use at a real low level to level faster?

It varies with each MMO.  In WoW, it's a character who remains at the same level with the intention of 'farming' a PvP bracket.

Offline disco

• Comfortably Numb
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2007, 10:36:22 am »
I don't really see the point of being a twink now.  It's not like you can get legionnaire at 19 or anything like that anymore.

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2007, 12:10:10 pm »
I don't really see the point of being a twink now.  It's not like you can get legionnaire at 19 or anything like that anymore.
It's an ego thing.   :-\
errr... something like that...

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2007, 01:06:33 pm »

Unless you could a long time ago (like more than a year and a half ago), I don't think this has ever been the case.  You managed to somehow see past the fun involved... :P

It's an ego thing.   :-\

It can be for some people.  I had the most fun I ever had playing this game on a 40-49 twink.

Offline disco

• Comfortably Numb
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2007, 01:27:33 pm »
You managed to somehow see past the fun involved... :P

Care to elaborate?  I'm not trying to be a dick or anything but I honestly can't see the fun involved.  Maybe at a higher level like 49, but personally I like my bgs to be filled with at least somewhat equal people even if it does take longer.  I say leave the unfair fights to the people trying to quest in contested territory  :P

Offline warz

• View Profile
    • chyea.org
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2007, 02:55:06 pm »
This game is so in-depth. Every tiny aspect is either animated perfectly, or given realistic attributes - whether it be NPCs in the middle of nowhere with large amounts of verbal dialog, or rabbits leaving footprints in the snow, in Dun Morogh. It's fucking crazy. :P