Author Topic: iPhone  (Read 11001 times)

trust

iPhone
« on: January 09, 2007, 02:27:12 pm »
It has been officially announced, and it just oozes sex appeal. I love it.

Link: http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/09/the-apple-iphone/

Picture:

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
Re: iPhone
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 02:36:13 pm »
Woohoo!  All we need is more dumbasses on the road with more distractions!  Seriously though, I don't understand why people need MP3 / Video capabilities in phones. 

A PHONE IS TO TALK ON
[23:04:34] <deadly7[x86]> Newby[x86]
[23:04:35] <deadly7[x86]> YOU ARE AN EMO
[23:04:39] <Newby[x86]> shush it woman

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Quote from: Ergot
Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 02:36:54 pm »
That is beyond BAD ASS

Offline AntiVirus

• Legendary
  • x86
  • Best
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 03:56:33 pm »
It looks neat.  I haven't read anything, but it *looks* cool.
The once grove of splendor,
Aforetime crowned by lilac and lily,
Lay now forevermore slender;
And all winds that liven
Silhouette a lone existence;
A leafless oak grasping at eternity.

"They say that I must learn to kill before I can feel safe, but I rather kill myself then turn into their slave."
- The Rasmus

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2007, 04:12:38 pm »
Woohoo!  All we need is more dumbasses on the road with more distractions!  Seriously though, I don't understand why people need MP3 / Video capabilities in phones. 

A PHONE IS TO TALK ON

People already have iPods and phones.  This just puts them into one device.  If anything, I think it'd ease distractions.  The device's functionality is supposed to extend the purpose of a phone.  Instead of buying an iPod and a phone, people can just buy this.  People don't need either of these things.  They don't need GPS units in their phones or the ability to send text messages.  They don't need a backlight in their iPod and they surely don't need that bluetooth earpiece they got last week.  The electronics industry is about pleasure and convenience, not need...
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 04:15:10 pm by Sidoh »

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2007, 04:25:23 pm »
Lack luster.

Touchscreen mp3 players? Done.
Widescreen mp3 players? Done.
Phones with mp3 players? Done.
Phones with mp3 players and a touch screen? Done.

Oh lord the scratches that thing will endure.

They call this revolutionary? They took a mashup of ideas and made them into one thing.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2007, 04:31:38 pm »
Lack luster.

They call this revolutionary? They took a mashup of ideas and made them into one thing.

Kind of like Vista? :)

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2007, 04:33:17 pm »
Lack luster.

Blizzard does the same thing, and people love their games.
errr... something like that...

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2007, 04:35:23 pm »
Blizzard does the same thing, and people love their games.

Haha, so true.

Offline Furious

• I hate rabbits
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2007, 04:40:32 pm »

A PHONE IS TO TALK ON

People already have iPods and phones.  This just puts them into one device.  If anything, I think it'd ease distractions.  The device's functionality is supposed to extend the purpose of a phone.  Instead of buying an iPod and a phone, people can just buy this.  People don't need either of these things.  They don't need GPS units in their phones or the ability to send text messages.  They don't need a backlight in their iPod and they surely don't need that bluetooth earpiece they got last week.  The electronics industry is about pleasure and convenience, not need...

I was merely pointing out the phone distractions driving wise - and if you think they extend the purpose of a phone while driving, you need to learn to drive.  I can't stand people who talk while driving, they drive slow, swerve in the lane, hit their brakes for no reason or prematurely because their mind is elsewhere, etc.
[23:04:34] <deadly7[x86]> Newby[x86]
[23:04:35] <deadly7[x86]> YOU ARE AN EMO
[23:04:39] <Newby[x86]> shush it woman

[17:53:31] InsaneJoey[e2] was banned by x86 (GO EAT A BAG OF FUCK ASSHOLE (randomban)).

Quote from: Ergot
Put it this way Joe... you're on my Buddy List... if there's no one else on an you're the only one, I'd rather talk to myself.

Offline Warrior

• supreme mac daddy of trolls
  • One for a Dime two for a Quarter!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2007, 05:08:52 pm »
Lack luster.

Kind of like Vista? :)

I'm sure DirectX10, WPF, WCF, Bitlocker, ReadyBoost, SuperFetch, and more have been done by the competition..
Not.

Blizzard doesn't claim their MMORPG to be "Revolutionary". Besides, who said I'm not criticizing Blizzard as well? They just don't apply in this situation. They pay close to no attention to any game other than World of Warcraft and have seemingly forgotten about Starcraft Ghost. You happy?

Apple brings nothing new to the table, nothing that hasn't been done, and it will probably be DRM infested.
I'm sure their latest Monopoly suit will benefit from their tight implementation due to their monopoly :).

Kudos to Apple.
One must ask oneself: "do I will trolling to become a universal law?" And then when one realizes "yes, I do will it to be such," one feels completely justified.
-- from Groundwork for the Metaphysics of Trolling

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2007, 05:52:33 pm »
That's my biggest fear.  After 2 years of talking and jamming will that thing still have a decent and functioning screen?

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2007, 06:01:55 pm »
I was merely pointing out the phone distractions driving wise - and if you think they extend the purpose of a phone while driving, you need to learn to drive.  I can't stand people who talk while driving, they drive slow, swerve in the lane, hit their brakes for no reason or prematurely because their mind is elsewhere, etc.

I don't drive.

I'm sure DirectX10, WPF, WCF, Bitlocker, ReadyBoost, SuperFetch, and more have been done by the competition..
Not.

And I'm sure all other MP3 players come equipped with apple touchescreens, apple widescreens and apple phones. :P

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 09, 2007, 06:24:33 pm »
I don't drive.
And I'm sure all other MP3 players come equipped with apple touchescreens, apple widescreens and apple phones. :P
Ever?*
Do you have a license?*

*If the answer is no to these above questions and you're "of age" to drive, good luck with women that are decently attractive, not socially inept, and will make good wives (that put out and cook).

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2007, 06:29:15 pm »
I don't have my drivers licence, I don't have a car and I don't need either of them.  I admit they would be useful at times, but I have friends who have cars.  I have no need for my own and I definitely don't look forward to the added trouble it'll cause when I do get one (I make enough money to get one, trust me :p).

I don't have time to hound women, crazed. 

My desires are far less superficial than yours, evidently...
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 06:33:10 pm by Sidoh »