Author Topic: Mother furious that drunk driver that killed her son...  (Read 13379 times)

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
Re: Mother furious that drunk driver that killed her son...
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2007, 01:40:44 am »
Agreed.  People are too dumb for democracy.

Still probably the best form of government.  Sure, a dictatorship is wonderful if you have a good dictator, but that's pretty unlikely to happen.

Hitler sure did help out the USA a lot!  He was a good dictator, for us.

Offline Super_X

• I suck.
  • I suck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2007, 08:57:40 pm »
Agreed.  People are too dumb for democracy.

Still probably the best form of government.  Sure, a dictatorship is wonderful if you have a good dictator, but that's pretty unlikely to happen.

Hitler sure did help out the USA a lot!  He was a good dictator, for us.
I know that was supposed to be a joke, but I don't even think what you're referancing is even truthful. Maybe, going out on a limb, he created a way for the USA to get out of the depression by creating something that required us to produce things to export?

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2007, 10:33:07 am »
I think it is very truthful.
We were "slowly but surely" pulling out, but with Hitler killing the Jews and taking over the world it gave us an opportunity to unite and build ourselves up.
We would've come back up and out eventually, but not as quick nor as strong I believe.

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2007, 08:25:21 pm »
Yeah too bad we didn't know he was killing everyone until about 1944ish.  We joined the war because Britain is such a pussy country.

Offline Super_X

• I suck.
  • I suck!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2007, 08:54:08 pm »
Yeah too bad we didn't know he was killing everyone until about 1944ish.  We joined the war because Britain is such a pussy country.
No, we joined the war because Japan attacked us.

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2007, 12:27:15 am »
Exactly.

And it wasn't just Britain fighting against Germany/Russia/Japan, it was the UK, Canada, Italy, France, Australia, South Africa, New Zealand, Poland, and others.  After the attack on Pearl Harbour, the crappy countries joined (Panama, Haiti, Costa Rica, Cuba, and.. oh yeah, the US)

Remember how Canada got bitched at for not helping you fight in Iraq?  Well, consider that pay-back for not helping us in what was eventually to be called WW2 :P

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2007, 01:03:57 am »
The US helped out with finances and our industry, we didn't send men til we officially declared war.  But we were very involved previous to Japan attacking.

Offline Rule

• x86
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2007, 01:53:10 am »
Exactly.

And it wasn't just Britain fighting against Germany/Russia/Japan, it was the UK, Canada, Italy, France, Australia, South Africa, New Zealand, Poland, and others.  After the attack on Pearl Harbour, the crappy countries joined (Panama, Haiti, Costa Rica, Cuba, and.. oh yeah, the US)

Omg...
Russia was one of the strongest allies, if not the strongest ally in WW2.  If it weren't for Russia, Germany could have won WW2 before the US got involved. Haven't you ever heard about how Hitler made the same mistake as Napoleon?

Oh, iago :(

Also Italy was a major part of the Axis for a majority of the war.

And the allies weren't fighting against Japan before the US got involved (and I don't think they were really even after).  It was a "surprise" attack.

Edit:  It's also interesting to note that at the time, Canada was a decent military power.  For example, I think they unarguably had the 3rd most powerful navy in the world.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2007, 03:15:12 am by Rule »

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2007, 07:04:52 am »
Russia was on Hitler's side for a while, they didn't get instant win then :P

Offline iago

• Leader
  • Administrator
  • Fnord.
    • View Profile
    • SkullSecurity
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2007, 08:27:23 am »
Omg...
Russia was one of the strongest allies, if not the strongest ally in WW2.  If it weren't for Russia, Germany could have won WW2 before the US got involved. Haven't you ever heard about how Hitler made the same mistake as Napoleon?

Oh, iago :(

Also Italy was a major part of the Axis for a majority of the war.

And the allies weren't fighting against Japan before the US got involved (and I don't think they were really even after).  It was a "surprise" attack.

Edit:  It's also interesting to note that at the time, Canada was a decent military power.  For example, I think they unarguably had the 3rd most powerful navy in the world.
Well, I simplified some things.  I'm aware that Russia became an ally later, but they started out as an enemy. 

I seemed to remember Italy being part of the Axis, but in the list I saw they were listed as Ally.  So they started out that way, that's the main thing. :P

I'm pretty sure Japan was fighting before Pearl Harbour.  Wikipedia says their first move was attacking China, and after Pearl Harbour they fought with Russia.  But yeah, they didn't really engage the European countries. 

The POINT is, the US wasn't forced to help because the British are pathetic.  However, the US did sat on its ass and let the rest of the world fight. :P

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2007, 09:42:31 am »
The POINT is, the US wasn't forced to help because the British are pathetic.  However, the US did sat on its ass and let the rest of the world fight. :P
1) America was very involved, just not with military forces
2) Should America be running to everyone else whenever they have a problem?

Offline Newby

• x86
  • Thrash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2007, 09:44:37 am »

Why get involved?
- Newby
http://www.x86labs.org

[17:32:45] * xar sets mode: -oooooooooo algorithm ban chris cipher newby stdio TehUser tnarongi|away vursed warz
[17:32:54] * xar sets mode: +o newby
[17:32:58] <xar> new rule
[17:33:02] <xar> me and newby rule all

I'd bet that you're currently bloated like a water ballon on a hot summer's day.

That analogy doesn't even make sense.  Why would a water balloon be especially bloated on a hot summer's day? For your sake, I hope there wasn't too much logic testing on your LSAT. 

Offline disco

• Comfortably Numb
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2007, 09:49:51 am »
iirc Japan had attacked parts of China.

Offline dark_drake

• Mufasa was 10x the lion Simba was.
  • x86
  • Dun dun dun
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2007, 12:29:49 pm »
What is it with bashing the British? Seriously, the British Empire was able to hold off the Germans for quite a while by themselves.

Why get involved?
To stay on the good side of them? If we hadn't helped Europe, trade could have gotten much more difficult in the post-war.
errr... something like that...

Offline CrAz3D

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2007, 01:28:27 pm »
Why get involved?
To stay on the good side of them? If we hadn't helped Europe, trade could have gotten much more difficult in the post-war.

So had the war in Iraq been specifically for oil and publicly expressed from the beginning, it'd be fine...