Author Topic: Archons in WoW?  (Read 5979 times)

Offline Joe

• B&
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
Re: Archons in WoW?
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2007, 11:25:38 pm »
I've got a question about WoW, Is it hard to get high FPS? like...I play CSS and I have to play small maps to get a 50 fps range otherwise it's slow...

Would I experience this in WoW?

CS' graphics suck compared to WoW's.  Plus, there is way more going on in WoW (especially in a place like IF).  Your resources are more tied up.

Ironforge is empty now that the expansion rolled.

PS: The eye sees 16 frames per second, IIRC. Things will appear smooth between 16 and 30 FPS depending on how much you're used to playing games (obviously your eyes are trained to expect more FPS if it's always flashing before you, even if you can't "see" it). For me, things smooth out around 20 FPS.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Sidoh

• x86
  • MHNATY ~~~~~
    • View Profile
    • sidoh
Re: Archons in WoW?
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2007, 03:02:34 am »
I've got a question about WoW, Is it hard to get high FPS? like...I play CSS and I have to play small maps to get a 50 fps range otherwise it's slow...

Would I experience this in WoW?

CS' graphics suck compared to WoW's.  Plus, there is way more going on in WoW (especially in a place like IF).  Your resources are more tied up.

Ironforge is empty now that the expansion rolled.

PS: The eye sees 16 frames per second, IIRC. Things will appear smooth between 16 and 30 FPS depending on how much you're used to playing games (obviously your eyes are trained to expect more FPS if it's always flashing before you, even if you can't "see" it). For me, things smooth out around 20 FPS.

You have no idea how the human eye works.