Author Topic: Joe the Lifeguard (AGAIN!)  (Read 7967 times)

Offline Joe

• B&
  • In Soviet Russia, text read you!
    • View Profile
    • Github
Re: Joe the Lifeguard (AGAIN!)
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2007, 11:46:30 pm »
I got the job. Easy button.

Are you Red Cross cert. or you Ellis and associates I had to get the Ellis one becuase I worked at the only private water park in the world so yeah the demand that I do the same shit as Red Cross but under a differnt name so I cant go apply for another lifeguarding job without doing it all over agian and getting Red Cross cert.

I'm Red Cross, and I'm going to cert with Ellis at this place, but they did accept my Red Cross cert.
I'd personally do as Joe suggests

You might be right about that, Joe.

Offline Joe

• B&
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2007, 11:57:00 pm »
Today was easy.. we filled out a bunch of forms (notably the W-4) and talked about HIV/Hepatitis B, and from there we covered traditions of the company. After that, we were asked if we wanted to work tonight, so my hour Nazi mentality (and lack of anything better to do) caused me to head to the waterpark.

From there, nothing eventful happened. I just shadowed another guard.. nobody drowned or anything exciting that you (or I) could possibly care about.

Offline ZeroX

• Pirating Your software since 1998
    • View Profile
    • Crap
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2007, 12:04:08 pm »
Today was easy.. we filled out a bunch of forms (notably the W-4) and talked about HIV/Hepatitis B, and from there we covered traditions of the company. After that, we were asked if we wanted to work tonight, so my hour Nazi mentality (and lack of anything better to do) caused me to head to the waterpark.

From there, nothing eventful happened. I just shadowed another guard.. nobody drowned or anything exciting that you (or I) could possibly care about.

Did you have to do a CPR test? And if you did what Time did you do. 2-15 or 2-30 Pushes on the chest.
Zeroforce
Zeroforce
Zeroforce

mutsumibear: David's coming over Sunday so we can have mad sex all day.
zxdropoff: lucky you
mutsumibear: :D I know.
mutsumibear: I just pray I don't start my period before then.
zxdropoff: omfg
zxdropoff: stfu
zxdropoff: now please
mutsumibear: HAHA
mutsumibear: I love disturbing you.

Offline rabbit

• x86
  • I speak for the entire clan (except Joe)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2007, 10:10:49 pm »
From there, nothing eventful happened.
Having an eventless day either a. makes your job easier (ie: event as some hooplah with bad food and some sort of mascot) or b. shows you did your job right (ie: event as someone drowning).

Offline Joe

• B&
    • View Profile
    • Github
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2007, 12:27:45 am »
Well, today we ran out of food in the break room so our manager sent us to the snack area, who were directed to give the guards free food. And right about that time Wiley the Wolf walked by and said hi, so I did have some hooplah about food and some sort of mascot.

I just spent the day shadowing some hot girl named Amanda. I was on noncert rotation (slide towers, mostly) so on Thursday I'll probably either shadow the cert rotation or solo the tower rotation.

I've actually made the decision that when I'm offered either tower rotation or guard rotation, I'll pick tower. It's less work overall, and less responsibility. Call me lazy, but I get the same pay and someone more eager is getting the "better" (it's actually worse by my book, but I can see how it's opinionated) work, so everyone's happy. :)

EDIT -

When I was sitting in the lobby after work waiting for my mom to get there, Bico The Bear came to start the bedtime story. My mom has bad timing.. she pulled up JUST as he started! :(.